Closed Thread
Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: WoTLK Beta     submit to reddit submit to twitter

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I'm rather shocked at all the hate poured on Arcatraz and Shadow Labyrinth. The trick is to armory people before inviting them.

You'd think people never ran Blackrock instances, or Stratholme. Or pre-nerf Scholomance. Young'uns these days don't know a nightmare when they see one ('omg Arc takes 2 hours!!!')

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Shadow Labs, Arcatraz , and Botanica(sp?) were fun, but hard as hell before they got nerfed [mainly due to -2hr repop time]. I remember sometimes skipping the alchy/druid boss in Botanica because people didnt know how to run the plants out of LoS range and thought standing in the healing wave was the smart thing to do. The best was Arc though... I loved how the place repoped in under 2hrs... nothing like getting to the last boss, wiping, then realizing the entire zone repoped. I will admit though... I was sooo happy when I got my Hallowed Crown from the last Arc boss before the place was nerfed.

A. Body
    BG Level

wtb moar underbog exploit imo

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, pickup groups for heroics lasting longer than my kara runs are ridiculous. >.>

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well Shadow Labs and Arc hold my personal hatred because of Sonic Spear and Elementium Band of the Sentry.

I'd include Heroic Underbog for for Barbaric legstraps before I was doing 25 mans, but I think they're mostly talking about normal mode instances.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Well Shadow Labs and Arc hold my personal hatred because of Sonic Spear and Elementium Band of the Sentry.

I'd include Heroic Underbog for for Barbaric legstraps before I was doing 25 mans, but I think they're mostly talking about normal mode instances.
    I personally hated Shatterd Halls. FUCK YOU NETHEKURSE. I never did get my fucking hood. However, Shadow Labs/ Arc were meh for me. But I basically went with a whack group tailored to blow shit up. Resto Shammy / Ele Shammy / Moonkin Druid / Mage x2. Moonkin tanks, and we just have fun time nuking everything down in a half a second.

Gay-O-Meter Rating
    c=8 c=8 c=8 c=8
    Hard Gay

BG Level

i did a pug for heroic arcatraz and we took like 3 hours and at the end the fucking gnome died at 1% of the boss so we didnt get credit for fucking the eye attunement

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Dunno how I've missed this whole thread. Jealous of you guys in Beta /envy.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Weapons from the Hall of Stone instance have more dps then Kil'Jadaen weapon dps. Makes my will to want to progress more kinda meh lol.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by ASG View Post
    Weapons from the Hall of Stone instance have more dps then Kil'Jadaen weapon dps. Makes my will to want to progress more kinda meh lol.

Lv77 blue weapons to pass sunwell endgame... almsot scary to imagine how strong the "endgame" stuff will be at 80 considering we have a massive gap from lv 70 instance 5man epics to sunwell O_o

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Is Rogue all that good in the beta? I've got a 41 warrior, 42 rogue, and a 26 pally that I have to level up for DK. I'm super casual with WoW and I'm only interested in getting to 70 on one of them to play DK, would Rogue be my best choice?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

You only need to get to 55 to unlock DK. If you're only concerned about that, than just use the rogue, it's easier/faster to level up than a warrior.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...reitem_072.jpg

A new stat for neck! /happy

I hated the hell trio of instances (Arc, SH, SL). My bad experiences with them are pre-nerf. With full pots/flasks/foods and someone giving us fort from outside, SH was still a PITA (1 tank, 1 DPS/OT, 1 DPS/CC, 2 healers). We had a hunter kite the packs up and down the gauntlet hallway (were they skippable then?) because they hit too hard on top of that MS debuff and cleaves and fears and a boss that one shots clothies and drops aggro etc etc etc...

Arc was a pain and too long. I think I did one run with guildies pre-nerf where we wiped like 9 times and I think we even skipped the first boss. SL is an instance full of trash and before the fear change those felguards would fear/charge/1shot. You'd also have a ton more of the rogues so every 5-6 pack you'd get a rogue on top of it that always wanted to jump your healer

At least they're easy now...I enjoy easy, quick instances.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Lv77 blue weapons to pass sunwell endgame... almsot scary to imagine how strong the "endgame" stuff will be at 80 considering we have a massive gap from lv 70 instance 5man epics to sunwell O_o

That's how it was w/tBC though... the gear you got in Hellfire and those 5 man's were huge compared to vanilla WoW. But some of the Naxx gear (mainly trinkets & stuff) remained viable till 70 and even through some end game content. Even so, once they fixed itemization a lot of that gear became obsolete also.
    WotLK seems to be the same thing, they are just making the gap from tBC to WotLK even bigger. I think this is a very smart move for a game that is so progression oriented... it allows new players [or even old players who didn't have the time to raid] to be on relatively equal footing soon after they enter the Xpac. The only problem about this type of progression is that it kinda kills the overall incentive to progress in WoW atm (<- I'm guessing.. retired from WoW) w/the xpac so close to release.

edit: and LOL @ pre-nerf SL where rogue mobs would pop up to atk your healer/CC'r RIGHT as you made a pull. good memories

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Players will be able to “learn” a mount or non-combat pet much like learning a spell, recipe, or new ability, and these creatures will then show up on a new Pet tab within the Character Info section of the interface. Players will be able to access and preview their learned mounts and vanity pets through this tab
    Thank god, hello 20 pets+6-7 mounts

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Foof2 View Post
    I dont really wanna give up my Pendant of Titans. Owell. Have you guys seen the gems yet? Must say some of them have really interesting combos. Epic gems with 140 armor penetration? Maybe I will actually be able to kill mages in arena now.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by ASG View Post
    I dont really wanna give up my Pendant of Titans. Owell. Have you guys seen the gems yet? Must say some of them have really interesting combos. Epic gems with 140 armor penetration? Maybe I will actually be able to kill mages in arena now.
    Sarcasm or just bad player? It's already easy to get cloth casters to zero armor with current armor pen stats and a couple sunder/expose armors. I hope they change armor pen to something % based, or return negative resists to the game, because the current armor pen vs. spell pen itemization on pvp gear is incredibly unbalanced.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Sarcasm. I do hate playing against mages in arena though on my warrior.

E. Body
    BG Level

blizzcon invites finally got sent out apparently. see you in beta if you got one, lol.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast