Closed Thread
Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: WoTLK Beta     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

as an ex-wow player i'm a lot less interested in wotlk than i thought i'd be. i don't think i'll be picking the expansion up unless i hear a lot from people about how wonderful and fun it is.

E. Body
    BG Level

so far the zone design is a hell of a lot better than BC.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

End game content is more approachable now as well with all the 25 man raids having a split 10 man similar to karazhan and ZA.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Yay for hunters getting execute

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by ASG View Post
    Sarcasm. I do hate playing against mages in arena though on my warrior.
    Hey, at least you're up to 50/50 from 10/90 on killing mages with all the fucking armor pen. Lets just hope you're a gnomish bastard. Fuck gnome warriors. Little bastards just won't stay rooted, along with the amazingly well timed mace stuns from those guys, I swear, gnomes get them more then any other race =/.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    Yay for hunters getting execute
    explain please, i r slow

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    explain please, i r slow
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=53351

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    so far the zone design is a hell of a lot better than BC.
    There is really no comparison in my opinion. Borean Tundra is kind of meh in places, but Dragonblight is leaps and bounds better than anything in Outland. The quests I'm enjoying much more, they have a lot of innovative/quirky stuff mixed in with the grind, and varied scenery with the huge zones.

Once again there are a lot more quests than necessary to level though, since I have a kind of OCD and need to finish all the quests I can find before moving on, I got 4.5 levels through BT and HFj. I hope they keep the exp/level the way it is, the steep increases were not fun going 60 -> 70, and though it is a large number it does not seem overwhelming at all (I'm running about 4-6 hours per level, could probably go a decent amount faster though).

My brother and friend just got in the beta as well so hopefully we'll be trioing some instances soon, I've heard good things about most of them.

Also agree with foof, armor on neck makes feral tanks happy.

E. Body
    BG Level

I skipped HFj, Dragonblight was too tempting.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

So many changes, can't wait to play ;/

Mounts/pets "tab" like spells instead of inventory space
    Lv 60-70 Exp requirment reduced
    And there was talks of being able to switch between 2 talent tree's while exping

btw anyone seen any videos of like... warlock or rogue "exping/questing" videos?
    I saw Death Knight ones doing blood/frost/unholy and looks prettycrazy but what about the others ;/

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    This is going to rock

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    There is really no comparison in my opinion. Borean Tundra is kind of meh in places, but Dragonblight is leaps and bounds better than anything in Outland. The quests I'm enjoying much more, they have a lot of innovative/quirky stuff mixed in with the grind, and varied scenery with the huge zones.

Once again there are a lot more quests than necessary to level though, since I have a kind of OCD and need to finish all the quests I can find before moving on, I got 4.5 levels through BT and HFj. I hope they keep the exp/level the way it is, the steep increases were not fun going 60 -> 70, and though it is a large number it does not seem overwhelming at all (I'm running about 4-6 hours per level, could probably go a decent amount faster though).

My brother and friend just got in the beta as well so hopefully we'll be trioing some instances soon, I've heard good things about most of them.

Also agree with foof, armor on neck makes feral tanks happy.
    4-6 hours per lv seems rather short... will allow the average player to reach 80 w/in 1-3 weeks easily (not mentioning the hardcore since they will be 80 in 2-3 days). If WAR fails I plan to try out the xpac, otherwise I can't afford the time sink to get back into WoW

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Exp rate is increased during the beta.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Exp rate is increased during the beta.
    I can't see them increasing the XP to level any more than it already is. As it stands its about 5-6hrs of playtime per level especially if you haven't done any of the northrend stuff before.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    I can't see them increasing the XP to level any more than it already is. As it stands its about 5-6hrs of playtime per level especially if you haven't done any of the northrend stuff before.
    The average guild is gonna be hitting raid content w/in the month of release, seems like a pretty speedy xpac if this is the case and I hope there is a lot to keep ppl entertained. I'm not adding in crafting time and all of that... but the typical guild (on my server) wasn't raiding past kara completion till least 2+ months after its release (it's been a while, but I think its a safe guess). Keep in mind I'm not talking about the hardcore guilds as they will be 80 w/in the first week and alrdy hitting that content, I'm focusing on the average guild progression.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Meh, just sold my account to a friend today Oh well.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

So I read something interesting on WoW Insider today regarding enchanting "inscriptions" that enchanters can make and sell on the AH to allow buyers to enchant their own stuff.

WoW Insider Article
    WoW Forums primary reference

I'm pretty stoked about this as I really just use enchanting as something that I do to boost my own equipment or for my gf and guildies. I've never wanted to sit around in the trade channel hawcking my skills, and really only ever made money of it through disenchanting items. Plus, this finally allow enchanters to enchant soulbound gear for their alts - something that really frustrates me when I go try and lvl my Drenai priest.

Thoughts? WoW Insider comments seem to be pretty mixed, but I'm hoping it will allow more enchanters the opportunity to make some coin of their skills and give other players easier access to enchantments.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I love the idea, I hate having lvled a enchanter.. get all the cool enchants.. then when you want to enchant an alt your lvling with something cool, you can't ;/

Like.. my mage has soulfrost but my mains lock.. so I cna't enchant myself ;;

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

We have no plans to implement a "Dire Cat" form at this time. "Dire Bear" exists for the sole purpose of upgrading the Feral Druid's armor value to match the Warrior/Paladin etc. (Druids get no shield)

We do, however, intend to allow Druids to be able to use items and enchants with procs in forms, which I believe will work in the next beta build (don't hold me to it though).
    Crushing my hopes and dreams.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Like druids need a buff @_@ H8u druids.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast