Thread: WoTLK Beta     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

WoTLK Beta

I know a few of you are in this, what'd you think of the DK starting area? Pretty wild eh?

It looks like they used the same phased out spell from the kalecgos fight that puts you in the demon realm or the sunwell quest in blade's edge to allow the city to degenerate and actually stay that way for you, yet allow new death knights to ravage the countryside.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

i'm having a ton of fun with DK's so far, and i started busting up laughing when i was able to steal one of the mini horses for the mount quest.

So beta invites have gone out? Damn I didnt get one.

Gay-O-Meter Rating
    c=8 c=8 c=8 c=8
    Hard Gay

BG Level

1 million deathknights per server. doesnt help that their starting area end quest is so fucking awesome. hopefully i can get in soon.

Dalecia

lolwow

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Warning: if this thread turns into gamebashing, it will be removed. You can talk about the expansion, but keep it to the expansion.

Deez b bannable offenses waterz.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

The NDA is lifted so you can post whatever pictures/video you want btw.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I signed up for the beta, but I really don't have good luck with getting into things like this. If I get in, that would be awesome. If not, oh well, it will be out in a few months.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I'm not sure beta emails have even gone out yet. So don't lose hope just yet. That said, how's arcane resistance working out for you on kalecgos lolollolololololo

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

As far as I know I haven't received an invite for the beta, but then, I am away atm with Fiance' for the weekend here in Corpus Christi,TX (I was not allowed to bring mah laptop Q_Q)
    So hopefully I got luck and got an invite for it when I get home sunday night. Postin from the Hotel Computer here(not too shaby here). Back on topic, pix I have seen look awsome, can't wait till WoTLK comese out( but God damn it, 3 more lvls to gain for my 3 70s and DK class as well...need more hours in teh day to game )

Guyver

I thought they hadnt even sent out invites yet according to the forums. Maybe they are just saying that while they pass them out slowly? *Shrug* I hope I get mine, want to try out a new class and bored to death of WoW.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

If I reactivate my account now, do you think I still have chance at beta? I only planned on reactivating it for brewfest(560 tickets, damn you!), but I'm really bored.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I thought they hadnt even sent out invites yet according to the forums.
    Yeah. Most of the people in right now are either alpha testers or people who got a beta key from an employee.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

me and 4 friends just did utgarde keep. Pretty easy starter instance especially if you're t6 geared. the mace off the first boss though was comparable to my hyjal trash mace

we're doing the nexus right now and so far it looks pretty awsome. the first mage boss we did was pretty interesting.

I'm jealous that you guys have beta accounts! 1 person in my guild has one, but it's a carry-over from alpha. Guess I'll have to wait for one of the late phase raid guild invites

I know the cap now is 77, but how do the 70-77 zones/instances look so far? Mostly complete, still need a lot of work, etc...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I'm trying to get into beta through people I work with, but it's going slow. I'm also trying to get a job at MMO-Champion right now, so that might help my chances too....I love all this stuff that's coming in though.

I WANT TO SEE THE BARBERSHOP DAMN ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius* View Post
    me and 4 friends just did utgarde keep. Pretty easy starter instance especially if you're t6 geared. the mace off the first boss though was comparable to my hyjal trash mace

we're doing the nexus right now and so far it looks pretty awsome. the first mage boss we did was pretty interesting.
    There are still caster maces/swords in the game? It was speculated only daggers/staves would have spellpower because the paladin talents + spellpower weapon would make our threat really really good for AOE.

I didn't get in the beta so far, not sure I really want to though, I don't like grinding (FFXI ruined that for me lol) so might only want to level hardcore for my main character going into this.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

I'm really digging all the information that's flooding in from the beta, mostly been following WoW Insider since it's pretty well-organized and stuff. One of the changes I thought was kinda cool was Dalaran in Alterac Mountains now becoming a giant hole in the ground. It's a small touch, but I dunno, I think that little things like that are kinda cool.

http://www.wowinsider.com/photos/ada...y/933580/full/

Also, pallies practically being re-built was really nice. Looking forward to this way more than TBC, that's for sure.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I was having trouble deciding if I wanted to level my Rogue, Druid, or Warlock to 80 first, and after everything that has been surfacing about the expansion it just seems to me without a doubt it's gotta be my druid. Druids seem (especially resto druids) to be getting alot of really cool and helpful spells added to their already amazing repertoire, and I'm excited. Plus, it will be fun to level as feral up to 80 with all of the new feral stuff coming out.

Warlocks on the other hand are getting waved around with the nerf stick, but not that hard, but they're not really getting that much better either. I like playing my warlock now, but I definitely don't think she'll be getting to 80 before my druid.

I wanna see dire cat form models sooo bad. I love all the "fluff" they're adding.

Resto druid is going to be downright amazing in the expac, calling it now. I don't see warlock getting too many nerfs...they're still going to surpass mages in AOE.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 107 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast