Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Latent Weapon points erasing upon server transfer?

Is it possible that latents on weapons are erased upon server transfer? The only weapon I have with latent is Coffinmaker but after moving servers I'm doing DRASTICALLY less damage on WSs than before. On my home server I would hammer out 800-1k Slug Shots in merit parties but now on my new server I'm doing 600-700. My gear is the same if not improved; I just can't see how there would be such a huge difference. I'm using same food, same camps, etc

Nobody I've talked to has any idea why this would happen and it would probably be worthless to ask a GM so I figured I'd throw up the bat signal and ask you guys here. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Is it possible that latents on weapons are erased upon server transfer? The only weapon I have with latent is Coffinmaker but after moving servers I'm doing DRASTICALLY less damage on WSs than before. On my home server I would hammer out 800-1k Slug Shots in merit parties but now on my new server I'm doing 600-700. My gear is the same if not improved; I just can't see how there would be such a huge difference. I'm using same food, same camps, etc

Nobody I've talked to has any idea why this would happen and it would probably be worthless to ask a GM so I figured I'd throw up the bat signal and ask you guys here. :D
    It's either the distance or lack of bards and what not. I moved servers its the same shit the only variable they change is the server not your character data.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I guess I'll chalk it up to a couple of bad days for my Corsair then; I sure hope my WSs go back up to where they're "supposed" to be. *shrug*

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Well the good news is that even if you're right, they'll go ap to where they're supposed to be after 500 WSs

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ranged Attack calculations weren't touched during the 2H changes to the damage formula some months back. If you're able to get a Pirate's Gun or some similar DMG:27 Ranged weapon and shoot a weak mob outside one of the starter towns you'll see consistant damage. Then just take out your Coffinmaker and compare. If the weapons latent is active, it'll be extremely noticable in these conditions.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My destroyers didn't lock when I transferred.