Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Koga Tekko & Ninja Tool Expertise Merits

OtherWiki purports the chance to cast without using a tool at "about a 33% chance" while using Koga Tekko... I have no reason to dispute this in my experience.

NTE merits grant an additional 5% increase to this chance for each upgrade.

Prior to the increase from 3 to 5 for Category 2 merits, I had 3 upgrades in NTE for a combined theoretical total of 48% with Koga Tekko equipped.

All that said, my question is whether or not anyone with Koga Tekko has done any tests to see if there is a cap on Ninja Tool Expertise or if by maxing the merits and equipping the AF2, will one be granted something in the neighborhood of a 58% chance at a tool savings?

My fear is that the final merit upgrade would be worthless if something like a 50% cap was applied to this Trait.

Seems like it'd be an easy test for anyone with time and plenty of shihei to conduct, so I'm hoping to be pointed in the right direction if anyone has done this already.

Plop

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
    OtherWiki purports the chance to cast without using a tool at "about a 33% chance" while using Koga Tekko... I have no reason to dispute this in my experience.

NTE merits grant an additional 5% increase to this chance for each upgrade.

Prior to the increase from 3 to 5 for Category 2 merits, I had 3 upgrades in NTE for a combined theoretical total of 48% with Koga Tekko equipped.

All that said, my question is whether or not anyone with Koga Tekko has done any tests to see if there is a cap on Ninja Tool Expertise or if by maxing the merits and equipping the AF2, will one be granted something in the neighborhood of a 58% chance at a tool savings?

My fear is that the final merit upgrade would be worthless if something like a 50% cap was applied to this Trait.

Seems like it'd be an easy test for anyone with time and plenty of shihei to conduct, so I'm hoping to be pointed in the right direction if anyone has done this already.
    I was under the impression that the trait from Tekko and the trait from merits do not stack with one another.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plop View Post
    I was under the impression that the trait from Tekko and the trait from merits do not stack with one another.
    they do

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They stack dont they?
    In my opinion, using the Tekko, i dont even notice the cast without using tools though orz.
    I'd like to see if someone with Koga and merits on this up there can say where cap stays.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I don't see how capped merits in NTE would be a problem, even if it does go beyond any assumed cap while wearing Koga Tekko. After all, I doubt your NIN will be using relic gloves all the time - I only wear them during the night.

Ninja Tool Expertise seems like a waste of merits to me. If you're really that hard up for cash, why are you playing Ninja in the first place?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Ninja Tool Expertise seems like a waste of merits to me. If you're really that hard up for cash, why are you playing Ninja in the first place?
    Have you seen the other T2 Ninja merits?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Have you seen the other T2 Ninja merits?
    this. There is no reason not to merit this if you need to put merits into ninja t2, otherwise saving merits for another job is probably better if NTE makes you cringe

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

NIN/RNG and Sange yo!