Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Mistilteinn Price Question

me and some friends pwned the adamantking because he was up and we got the club

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mistilteinn

now this club has only ever been sold on the auction house around 8 times on shiva since like 2004. so like... how much does this weapon sell for normally? because im confused as to its real value. i hear its great for blue offhand because of the refresh but im still unsure as to how much my group should sell it for.

sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Seems like serverwide the best price, recently is between 1.5 and 2M.

I'd just do a few shouts without saying a price, if you get a blu interested try to extort them. Don't really expect that you could get more than 1mil for it.. the club really isn't that amazing, 1 extra mnd for rdm and 20 mp/minute engaged at the cost of losing significant tp and gimping your offhand on blu.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

looking at ffxiah it looks like the least it ever sells for is 2 million gil.

seeing as it requires tp to provide autorefresh, is a club, and has subpar dps it's probably not an ideal soloing weapon for jobs like rdm, whm, or blm, and i don't think smn would get much use out of it. kirin's pole is probably the better choice for a stoneskin build assuming you don't have a muse tariqah. this means it's pretty much only useful for blu (who can benefit from the int, the mnd, and the refresh). with the economy like it is now i'm not sure how much higher than 2 million gil you could get for it (maybe try shouting and seeing what offers you get?)

it also has applications in trying to maximize int as high as possible to get another tier on ele debuffs by mating it w/ the astral aspis. mythic+1 is far less for only 1 less int, or k pole+strap is only 2 shy of that build. with the new hydra staff out offering the ton of macc to go with the +11 int, that use is somewhat minimized though.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

My friends and I found ourselves in the same situation about 3 or 4 months back on Asura server. We ended up finding a buyer for the club for around 1.5 mil if I recall correctly.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Someone in my LS bought it for around 3 mils some time back - mainly because the LS has some sort of RDM MND build epenis contest going on hhaha

But for normal situations 1.5-2 mil seems fine

I always wanted to play with one of these, probably would have paid that 1.5m on Asura if I'd known

Hell, for 1.5M, I'll buy two. Have yet to see one on Asura =/

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

i paid 2m recently on fairy. but fairy prices are screwy, and i was having a rdm mnd build epeen moment >.> probably 1.5 would be a more rational expectation.