+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music Festivals     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Music Festivals

Anyone else going/have gone to any this summer? I usually hit up 10,000 Lakes Festival since it's close to home, I can only dream what my summer festival schedule would be like if I lived in California. Still, 10KLF is this week and The Flaming Lips are headlining, can't fucking wait. I also love the fact that people walk around the campgrounds shouting "Shrooms! Molly! Acid!" like they're selling peanuts at a goddamn baseball game, at least at the more hippie-ish festivals, too funny.

E. Body
    BG Level

Went to Siren Music Festival last Saturday. It was my first time at a festival so I had some fun, but it was fucking HOT. Still got to see Broken Social Scene fairly close so I have no regrets~

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Day 2 of All Points West...

Kings of Leon + Radiohead = me a happy man

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I almost drove up to Siren (from near Philadelphia) but it was way too hot. No good festivals around Philly (Kimya Dawson is playing Philly Folk, wahoo) unless you're into hardcore. Am going to see Radiohead in three weeks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

John Butler and G-Love are playing in Philly Aug 16th.

Butler is awesome to see live

I saw elan and the wailers at the music fest in courtenay bc on vancouver island ;o

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    I almost drove up to Siren (from near Philadelphia) but it was way too hot. No good festivals around Philly (Kimya Dawson is playing Philly Folk, wahoo) unless you're into hardcore. Am going to see Radiohead in three weeks.
    In MN it's mostly country music festivals and Christian stuff, so yea I feel your pain. Apparently there are a couple of other jam band festivals but 10K is the only one I'm real familiar with.

Lavik

fucking all points west takes place when i go on vacation to north carolina of all the amazing places in the world

fuck

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Going to hit up Austin City Limits (ACL) Fest this year if possible. Tickets are a bitch to get though =/.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Pemberton Music Festival this weekend, hell ya! Nine Inch Nails, Wolfmother, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Tragically Hip, Sam Roberts Band, Coldplay, Jay-z, Death Cab for Cutie... just to name a few. Gonna be sick.

Mile High Music Festival was this past weekend, Dave matthews John Mayer Tom Petty The Roots Lupe Fiasco Flobots

damn good show

Slipknot and Disturbed. Mayhem festival, it was fucking amazing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

today my bank fixed their mistake of assfucking me, and not recognizing a $420 deposit I made last week. bought my saturday ticket for All Points West...dont even give a crap about the rest of the lineup....Kings of Leon and then Radiohead...fuck yeah

woo!!!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amentos Vonfreshmaker
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Wyrmrest Accord

Festivals I was GOING to go to before I realized I'm a broke ass:
    Virgin Music Festival (Baltimore...it looks AMAZING, especially the dance tent)
    All Points West.
    Camp Bisco (fuck the Biscuits, but everyone else was awesome)
    Bonnaroo

Festivals I went to:
    Ultra Music Festival

Ultra was amazing, best weekend of my life. To anyone in the Baltimore area, I strongly suggest you go to Virgin. The dance tent there is more or less Ultra: Best of.

I'm really jealous of the APW people in this thread

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I was at Projekt Revolution this past Sunday. Didn't check out the side stage because my group got pit tickets and we wanted to be up front, but it was an amazing show. Street Drum Corps is an upcoming band I guess but they were awesome, the Bravery was there too and I love them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by amentis View Post
    Virgin Music Festival (Baltimore...it looks AMAZING, especially the dance tent)
    I'm really jealous of the APW people in this thread
    in all honesty, the Virgin festival looks kinda meh to me.

and as a whole, I think the APW lineup is kinda broke ass, the only thing thats gonna save it ia radiohead headlining two nights. only reason I'm going one day (saturday) is cause I've been a big Kings Of Leon fan for a while...and last time I saw them was like 3-4 years back, and it's pretty impossible to pass up a Radiohead gig. but the first day looks trashy, and I've heard from devoted Jack Johnson fans (I like his first 2 records btw) that his shows are pretty lame.

but shit, Kings of Leon and then Radiohead = win

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Went to Crue Fest last Tuesday. Sixx:AM and Papa Roach put on a pretty good show, Motley Crue kicked ass. (except during one song where they had sound problems for the entire song..could only hear the drums in the back lol.) Didn't get there in time for Trapt, don't really listen to them anyway, though. Buckcherry put on a nice performance, but didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the lineup. Tommy Lee's Tit-e-cam was pretty cool too.

Mayhem Fest was here Sunday..really wanted to go, but bills and shit stopped that.. hoping Slipknot (my main reason for wanting to attend Mayhem) does a separate tour, since their album doesn't drop until August 25th.