Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII - News     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Final Fantasy VII - News

Copy/Pasted from Destructoid:

Rumortoid: Final Fantasy VII to XBLA and PSN?
    by Jim Sterling on 07.23.2008 32 comments

The rumors of a (perhaps inevitable) Final Fantasy VII remake hitting the PlayStation 3 refuse to die, being given even more life thanks to Square-Enix's promise of a "major FFVII announcement" at its upcoming DKΣ3713 shindig. Further to this is a new rumor surfacing about the original version of VII being ported to Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network.
    This rumored port will be the original game, and is supposedly arriving under the PSN's "PS1 downloadable classics" banner, along with the XBLA version. The mysterious insider source (aren't they so convenient?) suggests that FFVII could arrive in downloadable form by the end of the year.
    True? Who knows. Plausible? I wouldn't shoot it out of the sky on first sight. It certainly makes sense for FFVII to hit the PSN, but I must say that the idea of it visiting XBLA, perhaps with achievements, is interesting. Can we get a "Human Kebab -- Aeris Gets Skewered" for five points, please?
    I've always been a fanboy of FFVII since it was one of the first RPG's to really catch my short attention span and run away with it. But, in all honesty after all these years of hoping, wishing, pissing about a remake... I can personally care less at this point. But I'd happily download an XBLA version with out a second thought. So, I guess I could care less.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It's available on PC and still playable on PS2 (probably PS3 as well?), so I don't see what it matters really.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, I still have my original copy and I can play it on my PS3 still. Unless I see the magic words of a re-release, I won't get all too excited.

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Yeah, I still have my original copy and I can play it on my PS3 still. Unless I see the magic words of a re-release, I won't get all too excited.
    ^

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul View Post
    It's available on PC and still playable on PS2 (probably PS3 as well?), so I don't see what it matters really.

Since CD-Roms play fine on a PS3 yes it's playable on a PS3. There really isn't a reasoning for this other than them technically doing a re-release of FFVII digitally.

And I too still have my original copy but I'll pick it up if it hits XBLA.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe it'll have a graphical overhaul, new cutscenes and voiceovers, an extra dungeon and some new sidequests, and a few tweaks to the spells/abilities.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wasn't the major FFVII announcement supposed to be at E3? Or is it at the Tokyo Game Show?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Wasn't the major FFVII announcement supposed to be at E3? Or is it at the Tokyo Game Show?
    Most certainly was not at E3.

The only FFVII related announcement to come out of E3 was something along the lines of Playstation getting something Advent Children related.

Whether that is a downloadable via PSN only of extended Advent Children film or a game or a remake or a sequel, etc. is all up the air. No one really knows, and I personally do not recall as to when they said they'll reveal what it is.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Itll either be at the SE event, or TGS.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    Maybe it'll have a graphical overhaul, new cutscenes and voiceovers, an extra dungeon and some new sidequests, and a few tweaks to the spells/abilities.
    Yes please!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I will put money down that the "big FF7 announcement" is Dirge of Cerberus 2.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    I will put money down that the "big FF7 announcement" is Dirge of Cerberus 2.
    This would kill me...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Natallon View Post
    This would kill me...
    Me too, but I'm almost certain that this will be the announcement.

Unless they make it into some action RPG and drop the whole Vincent May Cry bullshit it won't work.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No, I think it could totally work if they just made the gameplay not suck.
    Honestly, I really only think a few tweaks would have had to have been made to DoC to make it a 1/2 decent action game thingy.

Now, if they choose to give it another shot I'll be expecting a lot more. I'm sure they have received many criticisms by now and should know what they need to improve on. The question is... will they make those improvements?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Instead of that i hope they announce a remake with advent children graphics and voice over. They could even make it multi plat and keep everyone happy.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

FFVII News ~ Aeris dies.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No chance it's a remake. Not with the current delays with XIII and Versus. Those are getting top priority.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Instead of that i hope they announce a remake with advent children graphics and voice over. They could even make it multi plat and keep everyone happy.
    And I want a pony...

Nomura would have to be incharge of the project, and he currently has his hands full with FF13 and Versus.... and he had already stated in a previous interview that once those two games are finished, he will direct all his attention at the KH series, so KH3 etc.

If an FF7 remake will happen, it probably won't be in the works for 2-3 more years.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It would be nice if they'd make a new FF title that's fun, doesn't have 85% of it's story in the beastiary, isn't like Golden Axe 3D, and doesn't have all the zazzy flair with ridiculous zippers and exposed skin clown outfits.

I think anyone holding their breath for a from 2D->3D DS-like remake of FF7 is going to be waiting for a very long time. The enviroments in FF7 were a lot more complex and it probably has a ton more script as well.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I wouldn't mind them making the original downloadable from PSN, I have the discs still but it would be nice to play on PSP. I tried the remote play option and it doesnt fill the PSP screen and it has a tiny bit of lag so meh to that