Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Need some computer help,... :(

Anyone else ever have this problem?

I have a laptop at work, where I am right now. It has a wireless connection with a router.

I plugged in my ethernet cable to get a better signal one night and since then when ever I try to connect wirelessly I get a msg at the wireless connection list saying cant connect to the internet because I need to use that program.

Basically(I think) what happened is connecting via ethernet cable shut off my ability to connect wirelessly for some reason, anyone know how to fix this?

I fucking hate computers that do this shit its gay

so i herd u liek trollin
    BG Level

It's probably better to ask in Tech Help dear.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Well could a mod please move it there, it would help a lot :D

Ashira

first thing I would do is double check network connections.. make sure to disable the ethernet setup and that the wireless is enabled. That way your computer isn't searching for one and then never finding the other, or some such.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira View Post
    first thing I would do is double check network connections.. make sure to disable the ethernet setup and that the wireless is enabled. That way your computer isn't searching for one and then never finding the other, or some such.
    How do I do that? I am not a computer person, but I know some things maybe just tell me where it is in connections or something, I have a feeling that your exactly right but why does it completely disable it for no reason.

Ashira

in XP, under Settings, there's a "Network Connections" menu item.. or right click on your little computer/modem/connection symbol in the system tray and choose Open Network Connections.

It may have disabled the wireless since both were getting signals or something.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

can you clairify what you click, your post seems to tell me nothing new.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

when you plugged in the ethernet did you disable the wireless?

I plugged in my ethernet cable to get a better signal one night and since then when ever I try to connect wirelessly I get a msg at the wireless connection list saying cant connect to the internet because I need to use that program.
    what program is saying this? it sounds similarish to what wireless zero says when you have another program managing your wireless connections... wireless zero is windows wireless manager, its what would come up if you double clicked on the computer satellite looking thing near your clock... if that's what saying that to you, then there is probably another program in your taskbar that is managing your wireless connection, check your start menu for something from Linksys, Intel, Netgear, or whatever wireless card happens to be installed on your laptop (probably intel...) and see if theres something in there about wireless, if there is, you can re-enable the wireless connection there

edit: also since this is a work based thing, why not call your helpdesk/it guy>.> your place of work need an IT guy? i'm available! just fly me wherever you are and pay me $16+/hr and you can have your own inhouse it guy!!

Ashira

Also, right-click, since my last post seemed to confuse you.