Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Summit Q&A Highlights/Exciting things in the next update

Copy pasta from Thayos.

A battlefield challenge will be added in the next version update as the final step to receive the Nzyul Isle relics. Also, the cost in Alexandrites to obtain the relic weapons will be reduced, and changes are planned to make collecting the currency easier.

Players will also be able to acquire new weaponskills with the relic weapons, and the new skills will be usable even without the relic weapon being equipped. However, the weaponskills will give players additional benefits if used with the relic weapons equipped. The Nyzul relic weapons are not designed to be the most hard-hitting weapons in the game; rather, they are meant to enhance the defining traits of each job.

Premier sites were given a chance to view seven of these amazing new weaponskills. The best part is, adventurers too busy to get a relic weapon will still be able to obtain the weaponskills through other means.

More details about the relic weapons will be released Sunday, with full summit details to follow soon after
    Highlights of Q&A Session with FFXI Development Team

- The ability to rapidly exchange campaign tags will be adjusted to discourage players who spam songs and self-buffs to gain experience in campaign.

- A security feature is being planned similar to the Account Authenticator device created by Blizzard.

- Dynamis costs will be reduced in next version update.

- An addition to the battle system is being planned to encourage melee and mage jobs to work together to coordinate attacks.

- The development team is considering revealing hidden food effects, but some effects will remain hidden.

- Campaign in the cities is intended to reflect the harsh times of the Crystal War, but adjustments are planned to keep certain NPCs, such as the warp NPC, from disappearing during battle.

- More job adjustments are planned, but no adjustments are planned for puppetmaster.

- Square Enix is working on improving the account recovery process.

- There are no plans to enhance the Square Enix-sanctioned windower.

- Winning numbers for the Mog Bonanza lottery were randomly chosen, and the process was strictly supervised to prevent any improprieties. Participation in the lottery was a huge success and the event will likely be repeated next year.

- A new scheme is being created to help low- and mid-level players gain experience.

- No immediate plans are in place to increase the number of weapons players can merit.

- Group 1 merits are planned to be added soon for Scholar and Dancer.

- Additional rewards will not be added to notorious monster bosses on floors 20, 40, 60 and 80 of Nyzul Isle assaults.

- The development team is against the concept of transferring content IDs because the feature could possibly be exploited by RMT.

- It may be possible in the future for players to change their faces and hairstyles.

- Chocobos will soon be added to the WoTG areas.

- A hint is in the PlayOnline topics banner about new relic armor for recently added job.

- More sellable gear is planned to be introduced as the RMT threat declines.
    Edit: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../3468/3468.jpg
    - A hint is in the PlayOnline topics banner about new relic armor for recently added job.
    You can see on the right image there seems to be red-ish pup looking afv2. KEWL!

Edit: MOAR SHIT!

As designed, the Nyzul Isle relic sword is stronger than the joyeuse. It’s just as fast, and attacks twice.

The convert-enhancing effect is absolutely amazing. When you convert with the sword equipped, you automatically get back half of your hit points, plus whatever hit points were just converted from your mana pool. In other words, no more sudden deaths from converting just before a mob’s AoE attack. No more cure bombs after converting. No need to stop nuking if you’re in the middle of a chainspell. Simply put, it’s made of win.

The aftermath effect of increased magic accuracy and magic attack is also something to behold. The effect kicks in after using the new weaponskill, Death Blossom, with the sword equipped. And, the potency of the aftermath effect is boosted when the weaponskill is used at 200 or 300 TP. From what I was told, the boost to the aftermath effect when used at higher TP levels is intended to be extremely generous.

Because these weapons have not yet been officially tested, the total damage capabilities of these weapons and their weaponskills remains unknown. Also unknown is whether the Murgleis or the new weaponskills have any hidden effects. I’m betting they do, because at least one of the other relics or weaponskills did.

As you can see from the photos, the weaponskill itself is stunning, like a giant, exploding rose. We reported earlier that the weaponskills will be obtainable separately from getting the relic weapon. The nature and difficulty of these weaponskill quests remain a mystery, but a member of the FFXI community relations team told me “most” players will be able to learn these new moves.

I nearly fell out of my chair on Friday when it was announced that Pikko and I would be the first to test these weapons. We sat side-by-side in the Alexandria conference room at SE headquarters, playing on Xbox 360s hooked up to giant flat-screen monitors. Our characters were brunette Hume females, decked out in full Morrigan’s gear with the relic weapons. We entered a special assault area of the Mamool Ja Training Grounds on the Atomos server, aided by a massive TP regen (added solely for our enjoyment) and a member of the FFXI community relations team who served as our Tarutaru white mage.

We swung our swords and spammed Death Blossom. The rose animation grew and shattered as mobs fell dead left and right.

It was beautiful.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/images/ne...Red-Mage2T.jpg

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/images/ne...Red-Mage3T.jpg

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/images/ne...Red-Mage4T.jpg

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/images/it...s/Murgleis.jpg

Edit: MORE SHIT!

COR/DNC Relics revealed!

Most of the players have been wondering what the new Nyzul Relic weapons would be like and how they will work and today we have some answers.

At this year's summit, we had a chance to sit down and take the first look on their details. The way they will be working is different than the other relic weapons obtained from Dynamis. With the upcoming patch in September, the final quest will be unlocked for people to finalize their new Nyzul relics. From what could be seen on the Atomos server, those new weapons are called Mythic Weapons. Their true potential will be unlocked after completing the newest quest to complete the upgrade. That quest was said to be a battleground type so you will probably require many players to complete it although the details are scarce about it.

What's so special about those new weapons? Well first of all, the weapon skill they bring forth are visually sunning and very effective, but the best part of it is, once unlocked, you will not be required to hold the Mythic Weapon in order to use the new Weapon Skill. But you will want to actually do it because once you have the fully upgraded Mythic Weapon and the new Weapon Skill, you will be gaining the aftermath effect.

The aftermath effect is a new way to benefit players from wielding and using the weapon skill from the mythic weapon. After using the Weapon skill, you will receive the aftermath effect and gain extra bonuses related to your job. The effect will vary depending on the amount of TP you use.

Let's take a closer look at our exclusive: Terpsichore.

Will we take a look at this, please keep in mind that the Damage and Delay are still under revision meaning they could be no way near that when the patch comes. The Mythic Weapons we got to try Friday were just completed for testing the night before the summit and we actually got to test them out for the first time in the world, not even the debug team tested them yet.

As we can see, the Dancer's Mythic Weapon is called Terpsichore. It's aftermath effect will result in an Enhanced "Steps" effect. What it basically do is that when you use a step to gain Finishing Moves, you will get an extra point. Therefor, you would be gaining 3 of them instead of 2 or 2 instead of 1.

All of the new weapon skills look stunning with new animation and graphics and are doing well in their damage, even though we can't judge damage before they are live. I have tried to self skill chain with the new weapon skill, using Wild Flourish, but it doesn't seem to work so far or perhaps just isn't implemented yet. No clues have been given to know if it could be used with sneak attack either as we had warrior as a subjob.

So far the new Mythic weapons seems well worth the effort of getting and they might be the beginning of a new weapon skill system well worth the effort. Players will also be happy to hear that the required amount of Alexandrites will be reduced at the next patch to reflect a more fair number corresponding to players are currently obtaining.

http://ffo.warcry.com/images/full/49936.jpg
    http://ffo.warcry.com/images/thumbnail/49938.jpg
    http://ffo.warcry.com/images/thumbnail/49939.jpg
    http://ffo.warcry.com/images/thumbnail/49940.jpg
    Not much provided about the COR...

Onlinewelten had the great chance to play with the new Corsair Weapon "Death Penalty"

Stats and Damage are not final and may change.

These new Nyzul Relics weren't only made to deal damage. but also to back up the jobs role in the game.

Too bad i wasn't able to test the "Quick Draw" enhancement since i had no cards...

Ranged attacks were stronger after the ws. Can't really say anything about the accuracy since the mobs had no evasion at all.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...eiriem/COR.png
    http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...Corsair_01.jpg
    http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...Corsair_03.jpg
    http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...Corsair_04.jpg

sounds yummy.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just did an interview with Ganiman from ffxiclopedia for this weeks episode of Pet Food Alpha, i'll link it here when i finish editing it should be done in a couple hours

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

who's thayos ?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

- More job adjustments are planned, but no adjustments are planned for puppetmaster.
    This line made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    This line made me laugh.
    I would have to agree, I did lol.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ohaigaiz View Post
    Lmao.

The Relic/Weaponskill stuff sounds interesting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yay lower dynamis cost! cheaper currency perhaps?!? You can't tell, but im humping air over here...

Change head/hairstyle is very cool too. Hope i can change to maximillian type :X

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

sounds good.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Going through the recording now, Sundi told Ganiman that AV can be up to an 18 hour fight LOL

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by fusionx View Post
    Going through the recording now, Sundi told Ganiman that AV can be up to an 18 hour fight LOL
    Holy piss...

No wonder we saw the same days in the video repeated at different times; they were simply fighting for that long. Fuck, That.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Nyzul relics description worry me...I don't mind if it's on par with dynamis relic, but for fuck sake, I'm not using Perdu voulge because it's better DD after I upgrade g.axe.

I guess new WS will have lv3 elemental property, and will give bonus like relic.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ohaigaiz View Post
    - The ability to rapidly exchange campaign tags will be adjusted to discourage players who spam songs and self-buffs to gain experience in campaign.

- A security feature is being planned similar to the Account Authenticator device created by Blizzard.

- Dynamis costs will be reduced in next version update.

- An addition to the battle system is being planned to encourage melee and mage jobs to work together to coordinate attacks.

- Campaign in the cities is intended to reflect the harsh times of the Crystal War, but adjustments are planned to keep certain NPCs, such as the warp NPC, from disappearing during battle.

- Square Enix is working on improving the account recovery process.

- Winning numbers for the Mog Bonanza lottery were randomly chosen, and the process was strictly supervised to prevent any improprieties. Participation in the lottery was a huge success and the event will likely be repeated next year.

- A new scheme is being created to help low- and mid-level players gain experience.

- Group 1 merits are planned to be added soon for Scholar and Dancer.

- It may be possible in the future for players to change their faces and hairstyles.

- Chocobos will soon be added to the WoTG areas.

- More sellable gear is planned to be introduced as the RMT threat declines.
    Yeay!

- The development team is considering revealing hidden food effects, but some effects will remain hidden.

- No immediate plans are in place to increase the number of weapons players can merit.

- Additional rewards will not be added to notorious monster bosses on floors 20, 40, 60 and 80 of Nyzul Isle assaults.

- The development team is against the concept of transferring content IDs because the feature could possibly be exploited by RMT.
    Meh...

- There are no plans to enhance the Square Enix-sanctioned windower.
    Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by fusionx View Post
    Sundi told Ganiman
    Right. Like Sundi knows shit about FFXI.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

adventurers too busy to get a relic weapon will still be able to obtain the weaponskills through other means.
    As long as the "means" aren't ridiculous I am pretty happy about this announcement. It looks like SE is trying to make a halfway point for people who aren't able to complete all the tasks for a relic, which I happen to fall right into.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This could be interesting. Seeing as how low lvl exp is pretty horrendous.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Episode is up, you can stream it here
    http://petfoodalpha.com/?p=794

or download it here
    http://www.petfoodalpha.com/episodes/Episode111.zip

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The best part is, adventurers too busy to get a relic weapon will still be able to obtain the weaponskills through other means.
    Oh rearry?

If they meant pup, then 'recent' is 2 years.
    .....fuck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

sch/dnc in 2010!! /sigh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast