+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Nyzul Weapon Information     submit to reddit submit to twitter

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    ok so with Terpsichore, DNC can use Box + Stutter step + Reverse flourish and get 40 tp in 3 seconds. Every 30 seconds.

God help us all.
    We could already do that though, minus one FM.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I can't believe people are bitching at the weapon stats. Before, no job had weapons that could attack twice that were questable. There were only 4, and they were all NM drops... and 2 of them had horrible damage for jobs that could equip. Now every job has one and the weapon carries a job-defining enhancement, and people are still bitching.

Before Murgleis, RDMs had to DS+Cure 4 themselves or Cure 4 themselves so they didn't die. Now they get free HP back from a convert plus when/if they use the weaponskill they get a magic acc/atk bonus. Guess what you had before? Nothing.

What were you expecting the sword to do? Enhance enspell damage? You have the enhancing sword for that. Enhance cure potency? Enhance nuke damage?

Stop having unrealistic expectations and you won't be so disappointed. God.
    The difference is, these will take years to get. Years of effort for... not having to Cure IV yourself after Convert? Tell me, is that really worth it?

Yah, and BRD will eb "enhance song duration" =(

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    We could already do that though, minus one FM.
    26 tp

Not near as powerful as 40 tp.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    The difference is, these will take years to get. Years of effort for... not having to Cure IV yourself after Convert? Tell me, is that really worth it?

^ this. Sure for melees most of these weapons are awesome but lol permanent divine veil is not worth the trouble of getting a nyzul relic. I was also hoping for cor to have enhance roll so it would have the effect of job in pt, that's not even overpowered lol...but oh well let's hope qd does a decent upgrade and not something stupid.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

They already said they were going to adjust the ammount of alexandire you need and it sounds like they were going to increase the drops. Something like 10 piece or soemthing like that.

If its lowered to 5000, its much easier to get.

All the other requerments arent that bad, and it just takes time, not Gil like dynamis relic.

We dont know what all the WS effects will be yet and we dont know what hidden effects the weapons might have.

Something people tend to forget is that SE did say they wanted to enourge RDM to melee more. The next update might have adjustments as well to where RDM melee is more useable and this new relic could be come much more effective.

But really, people are disappoint because they had these unrealistic expections for these weapons.

As for as COR relic goes, its everything I expected it to be. Quick Damage can be really nice if you gear for it. Having a base dmg of 40 and a delay of 480 is great.

People keep wanting them to adjust the roles when its not our roles that are lacking, its our DD aspect that is lacking for a lot of end game stuff. This new relic is pushing is closer to be a better hybrid DD/support job, then a 2nd rate bard which people try to place us as when COR isnt suppose to be like a Bard really.

Ksandra's other pussy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tingil Conran
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not sure is THF info is out yet, but TH+1?
    A man can dream amirite!

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

These relics went from 'omg these are going to rock' to 'wtf is this shit?'. Really SE? Can you please just turn off the servers forever untill you learn how to properly run an MMO? Not to mention the shitty PR for anyone outside of Japan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd laugh is SE is just like "lol these are prototypes, the finished ones wont be out til fall of 09!"

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I can't believe people are bitching at the weapon stats. Before, no job had weapons that could attack twice that were questable. There were only 4, and they were all NM drops... and 2 of them had horrible damage for jobs that could equip. Now every job has one and the weapon carries a job-defining enhancement, and people are still bitching.

Before Murgleis, RDMs had to DS+Cure 4 themselves or Cure 4 themselves so they didn't die. Now they get free HP back from a convert plus when/if they use the weaponskill they get a magic acc/atk bonus. Guess what you had before? Nothing.

What were you expecting the sword to do? Enhance enspell damage? You have the enhancing sword for that. Enhance cure potency? Enhance nuke damage?

Stop having unrealistic expectations and you won't be so disappointed. God.
    Enhances Convert effect is nice.... but it doesn't really excite me

Any good RDM can get close to 1100/1100 Convert. Any good RDM knows how to use gradual Cure IIIs and Regens to restore HP without pulling much hate. Heck, sometimes I convert and let the tanks throw a Cure IV on me for extra hate. While I like the idea of Converting and getting at least 50% of my HP back 'free of charge', it's kinda crap compared to the amount of work you had to do in order to achieve the sword in the first place.

What did I expect the sword to do? I didn't expect very much, knowing how SE loves to screw mages over. Ideally, Murgleis would have like... +10 MND, +10 INT, permanent boost to enfeebling magic accuracy that's higher than any HQ staff, and enhances Refresh and Haste effects (+1mp/tick for Refresh, +1min duration for Haste). THEN it would be worth fighting tooth and nail for.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want Murgleis. Of course I want a Murgleis. And I will actually look into obtaining one. But do I think it's what RDMs really want? Not really. At least we didn't get that piece of crap known as Yagrush and the Divine Veil trait that should have been permanent for WHMs in the first place.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Considering that a SCH has to use a strategem that could be better used elsewhere, can only really do AOE -nas every minute, at double the MP cost AND at the cost of some crazy hate build up, I fail to see how having a perma-AOE divine veil is so horrible nor do I see why it's something that WHM should have built in.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    Considering that a SCH has to use a strategem that could be better used elsewhere, can only really do AOE -nas every minute, at double the MP cost AND at the cost of some crazy hate build up, I fail to see how having a perma-AOE divine veil is so horrible nor do I see why it's something that WHM should have built in.
    White Mages can only every 10 minutes, can't Curaga III another party, do not have native Fast Cast, yet they SHOULD be the healer job. Only to be outclassed badly by SCH (and any job /whm can get the same job done).
    That leaves Cure V and Raise III as specility spells, sure Cure V is a great spell, but Raise III is only for lazy people without a buffer.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX View Post
    These relics went from 'omg these are going to rock' to 'wtf is this shit?'. Really SE? Can you please just turn off the servers forever untill you learn how to properly run an MMO? Not to mention the shitty PR for anyone outside of Japan.
    6 weapons. 3 of them are 'good', 2 of them are 'wtf is this shit', one is unreleased. There are 20 weapons. If we thought all 20 would be 'good' we're indeed expecting a bit much from SE. Sorry RDM's and WHM's, but these relics are still 'going to rock' for me :3.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If anything I'd see a better argument involving AOE strategems being bumped to 37 so it's possible to sub.

AOE refresh and haste... Mmmmm >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Would be great.... but it will open RDM's enfeebles and BLM's nukes to be AoE-ed.

AoE AMII?

nor do I see why it's something that WHM should have built in.
    .... WHMs are the best healers in the game? Or something like that.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arshesney View Post
    Would be great.... but it will open RDM's enfeebles and BLM's nukes to be AoE-ed.

AoE AMII?
    How wrong you are... how wrong you are... I will not tell you why tho.

Quote Originally Posted by arshesney View Post

AoE AMII?
    Manifestation doesn't work with Elemental Magic.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Manifestation doesn't work with Elemental Magic.
    That, and accession doesn't work with enfeebling magic; if it did it would be supidly good.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Wooooshed xD

Ok, my bad, yet AoE enfeebles rdm-class would really be broken