• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread

Really, really stupid mouse question...

Alright, so I've been playing FFXI on my desktop (XP Home) since forever now. I recently purchased a laptop (Vista Home Premium... and no, I will not 'upgrade' to XP), installed FFXI on it, and everything is running smooth... except I lost a function of the mouse.

On my XP system, when I open a game menu with the mouse, the cursor snaps over the last targeted menu within that window. I don't have this on my new system, though, and I can't figure out how to make it work. I checked the Mouse system menu on both desktop and laptop, and neither has the option for 'Snap To' enabled. I have both games set to 'compact keyboard', with mouse control type 1.

Now, it may or may not be related, but when I play the game on my XP system in the official windowed mode, I lose the snap over function, as well. It works fine with the game launched from pol and when I use windower.

All I can think is that I forgot to check some option somewhere. It seems to me I remember setting the game to target the last open menu, but I can't find anything like that in game. This is driving me crazy, it's almost unplayable after going so long with things the way they are on my desktop.

set game_allowsetcursorpos to 1 in init.txt of your windower\scripts directory

Thanks so much, I can't believe I missed that one. Everything is right in the world.