+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    yeah, it's a shame they couldn't make this movie 50hours long so they could fit everything in.
    I can see what the guy means though. Mostly in terms of production value. The movie looks dull. The kid actor playing young Wolverine/scenes of Wolverine during WW1 (or 2?)/getting the adamantium/etc. It just looks cheesy. I'm sure it will be entertaining and most people won't care about the stuff I said.

It's not supposed to win any Oscars or anything.

Xavier

The purpose of the war clip segment was just to express how long he's been alive (believe it was Civil War, WW1+2 and maybe Vietnam) and how much destruction he's seen, I thought it looked fine w/ the background music setting the mood.

I'm excited for the movie, but I just love Hugh Jackman, and I think he actually gives a damn about the character, since it made his career. He was already one of the few redeeming parts from the first three X-Men movies, so a movie entirely about him is fine by me.

He's definitely the best thing about the X movies. I think he did a great job with the characterization. My issue with those scenes is just how they 'looked'. I'm just nitpicking I'm sure the movie will be good.

Banned.

BG Level

He's one of the best and worst parts. The movies were too focused on him(and later Storm).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

To be fair, Storm only got so much screen time in X3 because Halle Berry threw a bitch hissy fit after not getting "enough" time in the first two. Also, X3 doesn't count because it sucked so much and Brett Ratner should be shot.

Anyone notice how Halle Berry tried to do an "African" accent in X1 and then said fuck it/dropped it in the next 2?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Anyone notice how Halle Berry tried to do an "African" accent in X1 and then said fuck it/dropped it in the next 2?
    I did, and it made ignoring her horrible character that much harder.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    get the hell off my forums

; ;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    Just watched the trailer, I am totally disgusted. I bought and read Wolverine from issue 1 on. I had bought and read every Uncanny X-Men from issue 121 until Chris Claremont left. I got every graphic novel and comic with Wolverine in it for years.

This movie looks like total shit. From the perspective of a fan of the comics in my childhood its a travesty.
    Since when have movies tried to be authentic to comic book's/movies? They just run w/the basic premise usually.

and to add to the debate: Gambit > Deadpool. This movie can suck, but if they give Gambit & Deadpool enough screen time I will walk away estatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    Well the reason I stopped reading X-Men and comics in general was what the guy who replaced Claremont did to Wolverine. He made Magneto so powerful he ripped the adamantium from Wolverine's body claws and all, but worse than that he left Wolverine with Bone claws. Implying he always had some sort of claws.
    Magneto was essentially always able to do this & it wasn't that they made him "more" powerful. They just never ran w/ the idea until Wolverine became such a significant character in the X-Men Universe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

but worse than that he left Wolverine with Bone claws. Implying he always had some sort of claws.
    He did. It's been a while but that's why he was the only one to come out of that experiment with claws at all, because the had the bone ones in the first place, and the adamantium was just graphed over those. That's why like lady deathstrike only has her fingertips and not claws of her own.

It's been a while but that's why he was the only one to come out of that experiment with claws at all, because the had the bone ones in the first place, and the adamantium was just graphed over those.
    thing that had always puzzled me is how his bone claws actually sharpened to lethal blades once the metal graphed over. the whole thing looked so far stretched

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

thing that had always puzzled me is how his bone claws actually sharpened to lethal blades once the metal graphed over. the whole thing looked so far stretched
    The metal could have been shaped into points, forcing the bone underneath to take on the same shape. I was more concerned with the fact that rogue went from a sultry vixen to a slightly chubby kid in the movie :/

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    The metal could have been shaped into points, forcing the bone underneath to take on the same shape. I was more concerned with the fact that rogue went from a sultry vixen to a slightly chubby kid in the movie :/
    Asking for a hot Rogue is like people expecting Sabertooth to be some giant buff dude. Unless they recruited a pro wrestler or something, Hollywood generally doesn't have the physical types we see in comics and such. A lot of the muscles in spandex and shit are foam padding, after all.

Even the Hollywood chicks I think are genuinely hot are still pretty skinny compared to the average girl, and it's kinda sad when you hear about some getting breast reduction surgery (Christina Ricci did this, I think) and such just because they're too big. Otherwise you'd get typecast into stripper roles and shit.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Asking for a hot Rogue is like people expecting Sabertooth to be some giant buff dude. Unless they recruited a pro wrestler or something, Hollywood generally doesn't have the physical types we see in comics and such. A lot of the muscles in spandex and shit are foam padding, after all.

Even the Hollywood chicks I think are genuinely hot are still pretty skinny compared to the average girl, and it's kinda sad when you hear about some getting breast reduction surgery (Christina Ricci did this, I think) and such just because they're too big. Otherwise you'd get typecast into stripper roles and shit.
    ^

main reason there will never be a Conan remake.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I like Ana Paquin.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Needs a Blackbolt movie now...

The Namor movie is going to be AMAZING! IMPERIUS REX!!

God the guy who plays Thor in his movie BETTER be a pro wrestler

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post

The guy who played Sabertooth was a whole lot closure to the character then the chick who played Rogue in my opinion.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I liked the Rogue in the 2000 animated series better ;x I didn't like the emo attitude a whole lot though, but it did seem to fit her character.

Can we petition to have a Deadpool Commentary track on the DVD release or is it too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Can we petition to have a Deadpool Commentary track on the DVD release or is it too soon?
    this. that would be perfect lol