+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Half-Blood Prince trailer released

Didn't see a topic about this yet, but the next Harry Potter movie installment, The Half-Blood Prince, trailer was released tonight. If I missed a thread about it, please lock.

Can watch it here.

The trailer looks pretty sweet, and the film is set for theaters on November 21.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

eh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

they did a lot of cast cuts for this movie & took out a lot of (IMO) important scene's out of the book... Obviously if u didn't read the books u won't notice, but I hope they don't mess this one up cause the last 2 books are great.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fucking awesome. Can't wait.

I already know that this is going feel like miles different form the books. I remember see the first five movies first, going back and reading the books and going "whoa wait, what? this isn't how it was in the movie!?"

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I can't remember if this was true but were they going to make two movies for this book?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    I can't remember if this was true but were they going to make two movies for this book?
    That's for the next book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which is the final one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why are they still butchering HP books ;_;

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Snape kills dumbledore.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanetaru View Post
    That's for the next book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which is the final one.
    6 months apart too

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I can't wait to see Dumbledore get killed. I really can't, watching this actor's interpretation of Dumbledore die will be joyful. At least they won't be able to butcher him much more after that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They destroyed OotP for anyone who has read the books. Hope this one does better.

Ridill
    BG Level

movie spoiler!
    Spoiler: show
    dumbledore lives!

I'd laugh

Relic Shield
    BG Level

never read any of the books, but I've seen all the movies and thought they were all pretty darn cool. I have enough friends who are big on the pot, that I'll probably see this one too

uncompromising cuntnificence
    buh buh buh browsssssssss

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You know, I'm not even going to get into how they've butchered the books to fit into film form. We all knew it was going to happen from the word go, so I'm letting go of my righteous fanboy anger. Aside from that, I really think it's going to be more of the same stuff we've had so far: relatively cardboard acting, crackerjack set design (hello, was that seriously the fucking hall of mysteries?) poorly disguised by some very pretty CGI fireworks, and more reduction of complicated relationships to little more than a handful of cameos for various cheap gags (hi2uSnape).

Oh just kidding, I'm not going to let go of my righteous fanboy anger.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Yeah Ivve is pretty much right. With all the money the books made you'd think the movies wouldn't look so cheap at some parts.

I cant stand Gambon as Dumbledore.

I'd rather see a CGI Jar Jar Binks as Dumbledore than that guy.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I just watched the trailer... Words fail me. It looks like, once again, they're trying to make the atmosphere darker(Looks like a shitty horror movie) to make up for the fact that they've totally destroyed the story beyond recognition and it's hard to piece together with all they've left out.

The last couple of books may have been darker than the rest, but that doesn't mean every room has to be pitch black. It doesn't require cuts of grown-Voldemort with scary looks on his face every 3 seconds when Dumbledore is talking to the boy Tom Riddle.

Oh-- And Hermione doesn't have to be the token bimbo. "Oh Harry... You can do it Harry! y r u so mean 2 me harry? *sob*", Jesus christ, have the film-makers read the books? At all? Hermione was pretty much a feminist who hated those types of girls. /sigh

I think the only actors I enjoy from these movies are Snape and Dumbledore. Sirius was good too.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wasn't bad. It's just the first trailer after all. Young Tom Riddle does indeed seem a lot better than young Harry Potter was.

The only thing I really didn't like about the movies was in the Goblet of Fire, in the end scene in the graveyard when Voldemort explains to Harry why the curse backfired and why he could now touch Harry without pain.

Spoiler: show
    The fact that Voldemort doesn't know that is an integral part of the story. I mean it even says it in the damn prophecy, which Voldemort only wanted because he wanted to know what power Harry had that he didn't. Adding it into that scene in the movie didn't do anything for them, and is only gonna make it harder to explain things in the last movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast