Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Murder machine with a motor in her nose
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Dynamis and Limbus Get a Makeover! (08/04/2008)

http://www.thefortunehunters.net/lolcats/relic0.jpg

The September version update just keeps getting bigger and better! We would like to take this opportunity to announce our intentions to implement some all-new features to both Dynamis and Limbus, as well as a few adjustments brought in by popular demand!

Blue mage / Corsair / Puppetmaster Artifacts and Relics

The wait is finally over!
    At long last, the highly anticipated relic gear sets of the blue mage, corsair, and puppetmaster jobs are here! Rounding out the standard 5-piece sets, the more recently added back and waist items will also be added to September's version update. Players with these jobs can now look forward to obtaining the ingredient items required to temper their artifact and relic gear with even greater enhancements!
    When considering how to best introduce this equipment, the development team weighed many options, including the possibility of entirely original methods. In the end, however, the decision was made that such means would be largely unfair by rendering only players with these jobs capable of accessing new game content. Therefore, all of the above items will be procured in the same way as their predecessors, namely via exploits in the Dynamis and Limbus areas.

Drop Rates

Great care has been put into assuring that current drop rates will see no negative impact from the introduction of the new blue mage, corsair, and puppetmaster gear sets. Players can rest easy knowing that any and all necessary adjustments to the drop rate ratios have been considered and implemented to maintain a fair and balanced game experience.
    Furthermore, the overall drop rates of select Dynamis areas, covering the relic gear of all jobs old and new, are set to be raised as well.

Entry Fees

In light of the additions and adjustments detailed above, the entry fees for both Dynamis and Limbus were also brought under careful reconsideration.
    Thanks in part to the ground being made by the Special Task Force in combating RMT-related activities, and subsequent normalization of the game economy, the following reduction in price to entry items will be implemented in the upcoming September version update.

Timeless Hourglass: 1,000,000 gil -> 500,000 gil
    Cosmo-Cleanse: 30,000 gil -> 15,000 gil

http://www.thefortunehunters.net/lolcats/relic1.jpg
    http://www.thefortunehunters.net/lolcats/relic2.jpg
    http://www.thefortunehunters.net/lolcats/relic3.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...51/detail.html

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy shit this time they're actually raising the drop rate, instead of people saying it after every patch unfounded.

Also: BLU af2 is fucking hot

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 11111111111111111111111111one!!!!!!oneone!!!!!shif t!1111

Christ, Good one SE! I can take my cheap ass back to limbus more often now. Great news on the droprates too!

Corsair AF is mint. Do Want!

Gunitsoldier

500K Dynamis, Limbus to 15 FUCKING K and relics?!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT <3

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh fuck yes.

and oh fuck no, COR AF2 is UGLY.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Surprised they even lowered Limbus costs, but hey... can't complain!

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    and oh fuck no, COR AF2 is UGLY.
    no u

Is it me, or the only thing really different about the BLU AF is the body?

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Goddamn that is some sexy AF2 for BLU. Corsair is alright, definitely pictured something down the lines of red or black. lolpup.

Old Merits
    BG Level

OH GOD I CAME

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

The limbus price cut is a shocker, and totally unnecessary. But I can't complain about the half-price relics. Interesting how vague they were in their wording about the fact that toau af2 will be acquired via drops in dynamis, without completely convincing you that the actual armor itself will drop.

Also, fuck the cor relic. Why oh why couldn't they use Luzaf's armor ; ;

PS: They sneaked in an announcement that the update's in september.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Corsair AF2 looks HORRID. Should have kept it inkeeping with the rest of the outfit and made it a worn-brown, like the hat, hands, legs AND Feet... Blue looks so out of place...

Edit: Also, PLZGODLETTHEHATHAVE "Enhances 'Phantom Roll' Effect" PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ... And why the hell didn't we get Luzaf's Purple and White outfit, that shit was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

Nothing about instancing Dynamis/Limbus a la Salvage? That could turn out for the worse, I can see more people doing lowman Xarc/Beau Dynamis now since they basicly cut cost in half. Limbus probably won't be impacted that much since people already could solo their entry fees back. Nice that you only need 3 coins now to get your entry fee back, though Anc.Coins market has been pretty grim.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Looks like the three jobs are also getting AF+1 with this update:

Quote Originally Posted by PlayOnline
    Blue mage / Corsair / Puppetmaster Artifacts and Relics
    That's pretty hot.

MaachaQ

PLEASE GOD MAKE DYNAMIS INSTANCED

Seriously, if they don't instance it, the already bad situation with scheduling runs with other shells will become 10X worse

MaachaQ

Quote Originally Posted by Playonline
    Players with these jobs can now look forward to obtaining the ingredient items required to temper their artifact and relic gear with even greater enhancements!
    Am I dreaming, or does this mean ToAU jobs are getting AF+1 AND Relic armor in the update?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Players with these jobs can now look forward to obtaining the ingredient items required to temper their artifact and relic gear with even greater enhancements!
    I take it they mean AF+1 Limbus Materials and AFv2-1 Materials?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MaachaQ View Post
    Am I dreaming, or does this mean ToAU jobs are getting AF+1 AND Relic armor in the update?
    fkn hivemind.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

blue af body is hawt ;o but holy shit that cor body is horrid wtf.

oh and
    look forward to obtaining the ingredient items required to temper their artifact and relic gear with even greater enhancements!
    idk how to take that really. Does this mean we'll be making our own af2 after we get ingredients off limbus/dynamis or does it mean regular af dropping from dynamis and we upgrade to+1 via limbus ;\

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

I'm both excited and annoyed at this. AF+1? Hells yeah, I love limbus. But..Dynamis?! Ugh. If they had just told us that AF armor would be in dynamis, I would have started doing Dynamis long ago. Now I'm gonna have to try and join a shell, compete with others, blah blah blah. I hate dynamis. /complain

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast