Closed Thread
Page 10 of 405 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just finished the Fall, absolutely amazing. Such good acting and the way they did the scenes was just mind blowing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Just finished the Fall, absolutely amazing. Such good acting and the way they did the scenes was just mind blowing.
    Glad you like it

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I was bored and looking for crap to watch on hulu and decided to watch Spy Game with Robert Redford and Brad Pitt, I enjoyed it.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Due to vast amounts of praise, the wife and I watched The Fall tonight. Was extremely good, but had a hard time keeping up with what the little girl was saying lol. She could certainly act. I was kind of disappointed with the ending, I guess I just wanted something else...good or bad to happen. It was just kind of bland. Definitely worth my 2 hours though.

@ above poster, I bought Spy Game about 2 years ago and I still haven't opened the damn package lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, I figured the scenery made up for the meh ending. The movie was beautiful nonetheless.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Shoot Em Up!

E. Body
    BG Level

I just saw Sergio's trilogy:

A Fistful of Dollars
    For A Few Dollars More
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

All were awesome, I had never seen them before - I barely recognized Eastwood in the first film. They're a loose trilogy, if you consider Eastwood one character, and this being his adventures, then that would work, otherwise some characters come back as different people through the three movies.

Obviously, with movies like Bourne and Bond, the gun fights and what have you weren't anything to write home about, but the story was amazingly compelling, and Eastwood is such a bad ass. Good acting all around.

I liked Eastwood the most in the first one, although the story and cinematography of the third was more enjoyable. The scene where "Ecstasy of Gold" begins playing is simply amazing.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Went to see Appaloosa last night and it was pretty good. The characterizations of all the leads is excellent, but you get the feeling that the story just doesn't give the characters a chance to really shine. Mortensen, Harris, and Irons are all great and the dynamic between Mortensen's Everet and Harris' Virgil has a real humanity in it; a strong juxtaposition against the grim and bleak setting of the Old West.

Rene Zellwiger's character is just painful to watch in the first act (mostly because she just looks fugly on screen) but once you get into the third act her character really comes alive as a driving force and motive for the characters, but not in the typical way women are portrayed in classic westerns.

If you like westerns, or more accurately you would like a paced buddy film set as a western, then go check Appaloosa out. It's certainly not perfect, and the 'bromance' is laid on thick but enjoyably, but it's worth a watch and your cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    I just saw Sergio's trilogy:

A Fistful of Dollars
    For A Few Dollars More
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

All were awesome, I had never seen them before - I barely recognized Eastwood in the first film. They're a loose trilogy, if you consider Eastwood one character, and this being his adventures, then that would work, otherwise some characters come back as different people through the three movies.

Obviously, with movies like Bourne and Bond, the gun fights and what have you weren't anything to write home about, but the story was amazingly compelling, and Eastwood is such a bad ass. Good acting all around.

I liked Eastwood the most in the first one, although the story and cinematography of the third was more enjoyable. The scene where "Ecstasy of Gold" begins playing is simply amazing.
    Check out High Plains Drifter and Unforgiven. They are Westerns (most people would recognize Unforgiven first) but at the same time they are anti-Westerns. Going against the established motifs of traditional Westerns.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    I was bored and looking for crap to watch on hulu and decided to watch Spy Game with Robert Redford and Brad Pitt, I enjoyed it.

One of my fav movies Redford and Pitt are excellent actors,for there respected generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brien View Post
    One of my fav movies Redford and Pitt are excellent actors,for there respected generation.
    and they look like father and son. but yeah, i too enjoy spy game.

Trainspotting.

If you haven't seen it, well.. see it. Never have drugs been so romanticized in a movie so well before, besides Fear and Loathing I guess. Unless there's some other awesome drug movie out there.

Was pretty impressed with No Country For Old Men. Such a smartly written movie, on both sides of the spectrum. Another smart crime movie, Brick. A kid goes out of his way to find out what happened to a girl he likes, story gets nice and twisted, definitely keep you guessing till the end.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Trainspotting.

If you haven't seen it, well.. see it. Never have drugs been so romanticized in a movie so well before, besides Fear and Loathing I guess. Unless there's some other awesome drug movie out there.
    Requiem for a Dream.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

XXY

It's an Argentinian movie about a 15 year old hermaphrodite named Alex who goes through the challenges of being intersex. Alex is currently taking medication to suppress her male features. Alex's mother invites her friends to their home; a couple, and their 16 year old son Álvaro. Álvaro's father is also a plastic surgeon. Bear in mind, you have a somewhat 15 year old tomboy and a 16 year old adolescent boy who's, at first, clueless to Alex's condition till their inevitable attraction to each other.

XXY is very well-rounded drama. Excellent acting, great plot, and two or three incredibly shocking moments (lots of emphasis on the shocking part XD).

Quote Originally Posted by Bwelch View Post
    XXY

It's an Argentinian movie about a 15 year old hermaphrodite named Alex who goes through the challenges of being intersex. Alex is currently taking medication to suppress her male features. Alex's mother invites her friends to their home; a couple, and their 16 year old son Álvaro. Álvaro's father is also a plastic surgeon. Bear in mind, you have a somewhat 15 year old tomboy and a 16 year old adolescent boy who's, at first, clueless to Alex's condition till their inevitable attraction to each other.

XXY is very well-rounded drama. Excellent acting, great plot, and two or three incredibly shocking moments (lots of emphasis on the shocking part XD).
    That actually sounds kind of interesting, rofl.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    That actually sounds kind of interesting, rofl.
    It really is. Alex is played by a new actress named Inés Efron. Here's a picture of Alex.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/reversesh...ives/XXY-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsan View Post
    Requiem for a Dream.
    Was gonna say that, but not sure if romanticized would have been the right word...haha.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I watched "The Professional" tonight, and I would absolutely recommend watching it if you haven't.

I already posted about "Irreversible" earlier, but I'm going to mention it again for anyone new to the thread; it could possibly be considered a 'drug' movie.

Ebert and Roeper defined it as "Requiem for a Dream...x10,000". It is MUCH better than Requiem.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Saw "Boy A," pretty good film. It's about a kid that commits a crime and it's sent away. Fast forward, he's an adult now out of prison trying to start his life again. He does, but the demons of his past will eventually hunt him again for saving someone's life.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 405 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast