Closed Thread
Page 15 of 405 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

CJ7!

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Went to see Slumdog last night at the Arclight in Hollywood, sold out while I was in line to buy tickets (should've gotten them online) so we saw "Milk" instead (which was nearly sold out as well).

Good solid biopic, Sean Penn is terrific as Harvey Milk. I knew the whole story already since I saw the Oscar-winning documentary "The Life and Times of Harvey Milk" 5 years ago, but it's pretty amazing that for all the "gains" we think the gay-rights movement has won, in some ways it's been basically stalemated for the past 30 years.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Cube 2 and 3 were both great if you liked the first one.

The Outlaw Josey Wales.

That is all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Found the link, Protege - Crunchyroll

Youtube one is here: Protege - Youtube
    Thanks. Pretty much exactly what I expected.

Watched Oldboy again for the umpteenth time; link for those who somehow haven't seen it.

MovieZone :: View topic - The Vengeance Trilogy: Oldboy

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

"How to Lose friends and Alienate People."

Decent enough movie for a few laughs. If anything it was worth watching just to see Megan Fox jump in the pool with that dress on.

kinda random but not, but kinda

YouTube - Bill Hicks Very Young Early Clip

Bill Hicks doing standup @18

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Just watched "The Fountain" for the second time. Even better this time around. My favorite Hugh Jackmen film. Would highly recommend it.
    Jesus, "The Fountain" gets me every time. It's hard for me to watch... not because I think it's bad, but because of how depressing it is, but I love it.

"Out Cold" is all anyone ever needs.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I hated "The Fountain"...well, maybe not hate, but I don't have this entrenched love for it that others seem to have. It was good. I also went to see "The Day the Earth Stood Still" at the Imax this past weekend. I thought that once you get past the acting, it was decent. One of the better movies suggested in this thread was "The Fall". Absolutely amazing. Watched "Blade Runner" again last week. Good as ever.

Is that newer X-Files movie any good?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I hated "The Fountain"...well, maybe not hate, but I don't have this entrenched love for it that others seem to have. It was good. I also went to see "The Day the Earth Stood Still" at the Imax this past weekend. I thought that once you get past the acting, it was decent.

I didn't like "The Fountain" at all - it was very confusing, it's been a while since I watched it, but remember talking to the people I watched it with after trying to figure out what the hell happened.

As far as "The Day the Earth Stood Still" - I got just over the hour point when the theater lost power... I liked it up to that point, despite feeling like not much had happened, trying to decide if i should use my free pass to watch the end or just go see something else...

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Is that newer X-Files movie any good?
    I watched it this weekend and it was decent. Seemed more like a long television episode than having the epic feel you'd expect from a movie though. (Granted I'm not a huge X-files fan either so I probably wasn't the core audience).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Serenity.
    LOVED it. Serenity (2005) If you are into sci-fi, don't miss it.

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

Watched Princess Aurora a few days ago which was a pretty good revenge flick. A bit confusing though until the end but still found it to be pretty good.

Trailer for anyone interested, Princess Aurora Trailer, although it doesn't have any English subtitles.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar View Post
    I didn't like "The Fountain" at all - it was very confusing, it's been a while since I watched it, but remember talking to the people I watched it with after trying to figure out what the hell happened.
    I think the only people who didn't like it are the one's who got confused about the overall story, which was unfortunately a lot of people. It really isn't all that complex of a plot, you just have to realize that one story is the present, one is the past and one is just a book written by his girlfriend that Hugh Jackman is reluctant to finish because it would mean that he finally has to let her go. Big story about mortality and the fact that everlasting life won't necessarily mean you're happy blah blah blah~

Sorry, I always try to defend it because I love the movie, but you're definitely not alone with your initial impressions of the movie.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

^
    Agreed. I end up having to defend so many movies that I love. Ones along the lines with "The Fountain" are Vanilla Sky, Eternal Sunshine, Memento and such.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

I guess I'll watch "The Fountain" next, I love complicated stories. I am a big fan of Memento and E.S. Spotless Mind.

Oh and watched Cube 2 and 3....2nd one was decent, 3rd one was pretty good. What I didn't like with 2nd one was the "Cube" itself...it was so bright..started to hurt my eyes after a while.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

New X-Files : Sucked ass

Day the Earth Stood Still : Sucked ass

Transporter 3: Worst one yet

I'm on a bad streak, I need some more advice ppl!

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

That's a really stupid generalization. The fountain is an incredibly simple story that was just told with complexity. It wasn't because I got confused that I hated it, it was because they just made it too complex. The story has been told over and over and over and made into movie after movie after TV show (New Amsterdam). It was like JJ Abrams took some meth and wrote it at 3am. Sorry, I didn't like it. Eternal Sunshine, Memento, 12 monkeys, and lot's of other movies can be complex and amazing...this isn't one of them.

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is that the complexity detracted from the story. Eternal Sunshine, Memento, they seamlessly integrated the story and presentation. I just think The Fountain tried too hard.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I actually said in my post that the plot isn't that complex >.> I didn't say anything about how it was presented which I only see as confusing if you don't really grasp the overall transitions from the three stories. I've seen it a few times and I just don't really think they were poorly done, they can just throw you off kilter the first time you see the movie.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 405 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast