Page 16 of 405 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

No, you (or someone) said that the reason people think it's stupid is because it confuses them.

I think the only people who didn't like it are the one's who got confused about the overall story
    No, it's because they presented it in such a fashion that I didn't like it. It's a very simple story to tell and I don't think they did a very good job of presenting it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ah I get your point. Blanket statement is a blanket statement. I only came to that conclusion because MOST people I see who said they didn't like it said they didn't like it because they thought it confused them, not so much the overall presentation of the story, which is hit or miss for a lot of people. Most people who got it either loved the Fountain or absolutely hated it. Then there's a ton of people who were just confused overall. You have no idea just how many people I talked to after the release who said they had no idea what was happening at all.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I brought up New Amsterdam, it was a fox series. Done a very very good job at telling the story. A man died in the Revolutionary war and an indian put a spell on this where he would live forever until he found his one true love. He lived for hundreds of years and wanted to die so bad, but couldn't ever find her. Fox, of course, spun it with a crime solving angle, but overall, the plot that they were rolling with was really simple and great. Of course Fox canceled the show after about 10 episodes . When working with classical deep storytelling, I just don't like it being contorted too bad.

Watched the cell for the first time last night, was an intense fucking movie. Lots of weird ass shit though.

I watched the Descent a few nights ago. Thought it was really well done and definitely better than most of the generic horror movies that come out these days.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

@Descent - awesome movie; The ending was great.
    @The Fountain - boring as shit
    @The Cell - its been so long.... must download!

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Rented Hellboy II last night with the girlfriend - we had fun, especially since we were kind of stoned and I was rather drunk. I think she put it best by saying it was like "the Lord of the Rings with the wacky aliens/monsters of Star Trek starring a Batman that instead of being angsty got drunk a lot."

And regarding The Fountain, that movie is an ode to pretentiousness. I loved the movie, even though it was a complete surprise to me to be watching a film that's so heart-wrenchingly sad. I seriously spent about half the movie in tears and I think my girlfriend spent all of it crying, lol. Honestly, it's a very polarizing film and I can see why a lot of critics panned it so badly. Sure the visuals and cinematography are beautiful, but if you're not willing to commit 100% to the emotional pathos of the film's characters then it's a pretty, but ultimately confusing and unfulfilling experience.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Just saw a scanner darkly. I liked it kinda depressing but a good flick if your in that mindfuck/odd/drug movie mood.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This was funny.. stupid, but funny. Bachelor Party Vegas (2006) (V)

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just watched Dance of the Dead. I thought it was fantastic. Kind of campy but had likeable funny characters. Good amount of gore, funny plot. Very well done with what was probably a fairly low budget. I would recommend this to any zombie fans. It's in the Shaun of the Dead vein. It's more of a prom comedy with zombies than anything.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Recently saw The Day the Earth Stood Still...

Was terrible. Portraying Keanu as Jesus by bringing people back from the dead and walking on water. New Age Noah's Arcs and the destruction of the earth with metal/building/people eating locusts. Good thing it was a free laugh...

Now to stay on topic...

Decided to watch Seven the other night. Forgot how amazing that was. The ending is fantastic.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by MrW View Post
    Decided to watch Seven the other night. Forgot how amazing that was. The ending is fantastic.
    Oh man, I haven't seen that since it came out in theaters - that would be awesome to watch again.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Just got done watching The Fountain.

Very well done, definitely added to my favorites.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://imgshack.info/images/5puwa0wgzx5hrztgn4l5.jpg

Olde, but got the DVD set last week and watching it for the first time. A++

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Just got done watching The Fountain.

Very well done, definitely added to my favorites.
    Watch out, last time I mentioned The Fountain it started a page long debate on it.

I agree though, I love that movie.

Just re-watched Closer. Natalie Portman is sooo great in this movie. Only other time I've had a crush on an on screen actress was Penelope Cruz in Vanilla Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by MrW View Post
    Recently saw The Day the Earth Stood Still...

Was terrible. Portraying Keanu as Jesus by bringing people back from the dead and walking on water. New Age Noah's Arcs and the destruction of the earth with metal/building/people eating locusts. Good thing it was a free laugh...

Now to stay on topic...

Nicholas Cage and Keanu Reeves need to make a movie together where they both save the world and are both the 'chosen ones'.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Moscow Zero.

Russian ghost movie. Better then people make it out to be.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Seven Pounds

I had been waiting to see this movie for a year. Was surprised that the ACTUAL movie was released. So I watched it in perfect definition and I highly recommend it. I can't say much on it because I don't want to ruin the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Serenity.
    LOVED it. Serenity (2005) If you are into sci-fi, don't miss it.
    This is a GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT movie and series (the series is called firefly) I suggest you watched the series before the movie.

IMO its a movie form of Outlaw Star, when my friend first showed it to me about 2 months ago it reminded me of something I couldn't get my hands on. That was outlaw star when I said it we came to a general conses that it pretty much had the same whole theme. Then I bought the outlaw star dvd set and we watched that after Firefly. I really wish they continued that show or made another movie for both Firefly and Outlaw Star D:

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Role Models, D: low brow humor but the movie doesn't take itself too serious so overall I thought it was a pretty decent comedy. Oh, and I want to third Serenity, great flick.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 405 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast