Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadyMan View Post
    Fido The first scene in this trailer sold the movie for me. Rented it today, was pretty decent, alot of subtle humor.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mo6C6up1Qo
    This ^

Fido was absolutely hilarious and Billy Connolly did a wonderful job. The fact that Carrie-Anne Moss looks pretty damn hot in that 50s housewife getup doesn't hurt either.

I should really watch this again since I'm just finishing up reading World War Z (which is also a great read too).

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

What a great movie. I love christopher Walkens

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2103/95805208an3.png

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    One of the movies not mentioned here that I saw recently was Wall-E. I really liked it, even though I am usually turned off by the crappy computer generated garbage they have been producing lately.

That movie had garbage, and it wasn't even crappy.
    Amen. I decided to ride my bike a few nights back, saw it playing at a random theater, and just went in on a whim.

Not only did I end up with a private showing (go go weekday latenight show at small theater), it was a really good flick. Pixar wins, as usual.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by quannum View Post
    2nd that, great movie

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I saw it mentioned earlier, but Harold and Kumar escape Guantanamo was pretty funny, i saw the unrated version, so i don't know how much didn't make it in.

Jet Li's "Hero" is an awesome action/wirefightingmartialarts flick, GREAT story.
    Fearless is another great movie with a great story.

I'd always recommend Swordfish to any who haven't seen it. In part because it's a good movie, and you get to see HB's tits.

Now i have 2 kids, so you can decide how to judge me for this recommendation, but Bridge to Terrabithia is actually really good as well, great story for kids and adults.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

A good comedy choice is The Hammer, even though it will be a little difficult to find.

Admittedly, I've been an Adam Carolla fan for a while, so I knew I'd think the movie was funny, but even I was surprised by the flick.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just to throw another 3 out there... really off the wall titles...

Pan's Labyrinth - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430/
    City of Lost Children - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112682/
    Mirror Mask - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366780/

New Odin
    BG Level

Taken was good

E. Body
    BG Level

Alice in Wonderland
    Be Kind, Rewind
    Boondock Saints
    Batman Begins
    Dark Knight
    Mongol <=-- Amazing cinematography

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The Bank Job was the last movie I watched. It was enjoyable (but I watch all Jason Statham movies).
    It being based on real events made it more interesting. I as online seeing if I could find some pictures of royalty after watching it.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba View Post
    I liked Hero so much for the colours and the imagery.
    This.

I have so many good movies lol, I'd be here all day if I tried to list them all

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

watching Gangs of New York right now. forgot what a BAMF bill the butcher is. i wish daniel day lewis was my father...

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by quannum View Post
    ^

But I adore Christian Bale. And The Prestige also includes some David Bowie goodness as well. As well as Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson, and Michael Caine and their talents. Parts of it run a bit... odd, but the ending just ends up so... Edgar Allen Poe I just ended up liking it immensely when I really shouldn't have. :D

Also, another on DVD - Mistress of Spices. Dylan McDermott and Aishwarya Rai, possibly the most beautiful woman in the world - I am absolutely in love with her. And this movie just uses color so amazingly, gives life to the shop she's tied to as a Mistress of Spices... it's similar to Chocolat in its story, but I liked it so much more. Yes, typically considered a chick flick, but I'm a chick, what do you expect.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Taken was good
    yea taken was good stuff. when i tell my friends about it i just tell them to imagine a movie about someone kidnapping jason bournes daughter.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels ..since Snatch was mentioned, which is a great movie, but I think Lock Stock is better.

Also, I've got to echo the Christopher Nolan goodness like Batman Begins/Dark Knight/The Prestige. I liked Memento a lot too.

In the Valley of Elah was a pretty good mindfuck of a movie, I thought. It's pretty damn depressing, though. I remember when we rented it a couple of months ago; four 23 year-old guys were having a hard time keeping it together during one scene in particular. It's not necessarily a movie I think is really, really good, but it was one that stuck in my head for the next few nights.

And some of my random favorites..

Braveheart
    Office Space
    Happy Feet
    Spy Game
    Ratatouille
    There Will Be Blood

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Dark Knight was the last film I watched, but it's not like it needs recommending, watching The Mummy tomorrow!

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've recommended Idiocracy to about five people this week. Easily a great movie, I know it's not supposed to be poignant but it definitely is.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Scrythe View Post
    Jet Li's "Hero" is an awesome action/wirefightingmartialarts flick, GREAT story.
    Fearless is another great movie with a great story.
    YES! Hero is one of my fav Jet Li films

Ronin, just saw it this morning

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels ..since Snatch was mentioned, which is a great movie, but I think Lock Stock is better.

BLASPHEMER!!!

HERETIC!!!

UNNNNCLEEEEEEEAN!!!

Sadly, i couldn't get through 30 minutes of lock stock before shutting it off, but i could watch snatch all day.

In an unrelated note,

Pi was a good movie for stretching your grey matter.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 405 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast