Closed Thread
Page 8 of 405 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

Just finished watching Dragon Hunters. Very good animation movie and the quality is definatly up there with the pixar movies. Comedy/Adventure, so be sure to check it out if you get the chance to :D

I really don't want to start a new thread for this since it's not widely known but I just checked moviefone and other sources and I'm not sure if this is correct.. but I've been looking forward to seeing Choke when it comes out. NO theater within 200 miles of me is showing it on the 26th apparently. Infact, two theaters within 500 miles of a radius are showing it. Does this sound right? >.> I'm gonna be super pissed if this is the case.

Also, anyone else looking forward to seeing it? It's the Chuck Palahniuck novel (same guy who wrote Fight Club if anyone is interested)

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Choke is limited release, I'm sure it'll come to East Lansing within a month of opening.

A couple dvds that I own an watch every now an then. Both are good enough to view the trailers at least imo.

Comedy: Wet Hot American Summer

Drama/Action: The Count of Monte Cristo

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

That is all.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Bit of a necrobump but I watched In Bruges last night and loved it. Great story and the cinematography is beautiful. It's definitely a bit on the dark side, but there are some awesome laugh-out-loud moments.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

The Scarlet Pimpernel.

I haven't read the thread, so this is likely redundant, and old, but I finally saw Iron Man and was pretty impressed, a comic book movie that I didn't hate

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue View Post
    I haven't read the thread, so this is likely redundant, and old, but I finally saw Iron Man and was pretty impressed, a comic book movie that I didn't hate
    There were two strategic decisions they made with Iron Man that made it really enjoyable:

1) Don't cock it up with a full-on romance sub-plot between Stark and Pepper Potts - their awkward glances and dialogue was much more enjoyable than watching the budding romance resolve itself in typical Hollywood fashion
    2) Realize that the subject matter is a bit silly, so have some fun whit it. My guess is that the director and producers gave Robert Downy Jr. a good deal of freedom to just go have fun on set and let his own public crazy life influence the character of Tony Stark.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

for a good movie, I will start here, http://www.imdb.com/chart/2000s

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Children of Men.

Seriously, if you haven't seen it, you NEED to. Should've been at least nominated for the Best Picture oscar IMO

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur View Post
    Bit of a necrobump but I watched In Bruges last night and loved it. Great story and the cinematography is beautiful. It's definitely a bit on the dark side, but there are some awesome laugh-out-loud moments.
    Watched this expecting a comedy. Oh boy was this movie SAD.

The trailer makes it out to be a comedy. It still is IMO but very dark.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Just watched The Fall tonight. The cinematography is just absolutely stunning throughout the entire movie, and the plot really hooked me. The symbolical elements were done very well. There was only one scene I didn't really like because it seemed out of place. Screens:
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...nBnXkFtZTc.jpghttp://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...nBnXkFtZTc.jpg
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...nBnXkFtZTc.jpghttp://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...nBnXkFtZTc.jpg

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I saw the movie Blindness on Thursday. It was amazing.. I loved the music in it, too.

Also, it hasn't been released yet, but the trailer is amazing:
    http://www.sonyclassics.com/synecdocheny/site/

A. Body
    BG Level

Religulous

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly was amazing. The fact that it's a true story (only with hotter women) makes it even more moving.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Argon Quest

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Pan's Labyrinth (Spanish movie, but there are some out there with subs)
    Righteous Kill
    Children of Men
    The Pursuit of Happyness
    The DaVinci Code
    Reservoir Dogs

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Last good movie I saw was a rather obscure movie named Following. Best way to describe this one is it is Christopher Nolan's Clerks in that it is very low budget, smartly written, and filmed in black and white (though, don't expect any dick jokes or Star Wars references, it ain't a comedy.) While not his best stuff, it is definitely interesting and will keep you guessing.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 405 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast