Closed Thread
Page 5 of 405 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels ..since Snatch was mentioned, which is a great movie, but I think Lock Stock is better.

Also, I've got to echo the Christopher Nolan goodness like Batman Begins/Dark Knight/The Prestige. I liked Memento a lot too.

In the Valley of Elah was a pretty good mindfuck of a movie, I thought. It's pretty damn depressing, though. I remember when we rented it a couple of months ago; four 23 year-old guys were having a hard time keeping it together during one scene in particular. It's not necessarily a movie I think is really, really good, but it was one that stuck in my head for the next few nights.

And some of my random favorites..

Braveheart
    Office Space
    Happy Feet
    Spy Game
    Ratatouille
    There Will Be Blood
    oh ya lock stock is awsomely funny. guy ritchie did an aswome job on that 1

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Reapz View Post
    The Dark Knight was the last film I watched, but it's not like it needs recommending, watching The Mummy tomorrow!
    Let us know whatcha think. I think it looks silly, but the wifey will want to see it for sure.

Best action comedy of all time is The Last Boy Scout. watch it and see the amazing that is bruce willis

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Well, recently I've watched a few movies, including some classics. One of them being "The Final Countdown" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/ which is a great sci-fi classic. Another one of the few movies I've seen recently that was good was Lions for Lambs http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0891527/. Even though I despise tom cruise as a person, he is a good actor.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Speaking of classics, Some Like it Hot is by a long shot one of the funniest, zaniest movies ever made.

AFI ranked it number one on its "100 Years, 100 Laughs" list and I easily see how they can call it the best American comedy film ever made.

Marilyn Monroe is also smoking hot and looks better than any other 33 year-old I've ever seen on screen. As an aside, I think this film, and a lot of Marilyn's appearences, should be seen by young women to show that beauty isn't limited to the stick figure women that dominate modelling and films these days. Seriously, Marilyn Monroe would probably get turned down by modern modelling and tallent agencies everywhere because of her voluptiousness (which I think is totally crazy because she is very sexy)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    Let us know whatcha think. I think it looks silly, but the wifey will want to see it for sure.
    It was pretty good; I hated the first two. Jet Li probably did it for me though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The Dark Knight. Best Batman movie of all time (barely beat out Batman Forever and the Batman movie based on the 60s TV show. I'm just kidding, or am I...)

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tormentormike View Post
    Mr. Brooks
    I seriously hope they continue and finish the proposed trilogy

on topic: The Fountain

The 5th element. (Die hard in SPACE)

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I just watched Pathology, it was decent.

Boondock Saints was fucking A-mazing.

Matchstick Men and The Weather Man.

<3 Nicolas Cage

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

I strongly recommend "The Usual Suspects". Watched again last night, incredible, revolutionary(you'll see why) movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ects011024.jpg

YES

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Oh yeah, here's one that is on the pretty extreme end of dorky:

Helvetica, a documentary about the font that has defined the modern world

Surprisingly good and interesting as the doccumentary focuses on the creators of the Helvetica font and interviews graphic designers who were prominent in various design generations from the 1950s to the present about the use of Helvetica. I will freely admit that I'm a bit of a design geek, and that if I had to go back to school for something completely random (unilke getting a MPA or MA in History), I would train as a graphical designer.

Anyway, a very neat documentary about the useage of this iconic font and the effect fonts have in our media and as a means of communication.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you like The Departed, watch Heat. Similar films but also great in different ways;although, Heat is more nuanced (IMO).
    I actually hated Heat. Far too long. It just dragged on and on. The Orphanage is a pretty damn good ghost story done by the same folks who did Pan's Labyrinth aka it's in Spanish.

BG Level

Ok, I don't know what to think about this movie yet. It is brilliant and disturbing. Post back if you could make it through the entire movie.

'Irreversible'

Edit -I am really curious what people thought who watched this film. Ebert called it, "Requiem for a Dream... x100", and I thought that pretty much summed it up.

Mystery Men - Average everyday superheros

"Mr. Furious: I forgot my address book. Have you seen it? It's denim... with a kitten on the front... says "hang tough"... "

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just watched Teeth, what a confused movie, would not recommend

Teeth was pretty funny AND scary (for obvious reasons). Altho, I'd imagine going in the rear entrance would solve that problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Ok, I don't know what to think about this movie yet. It is brilliant and disturbing. Post back if you could make it through the entire movie.

'Irreversible'

Edit -I am really curious what people thought who watched this film. Ebert called it, "Requiem for a Dream... x100", and I thought that pretty much summed it up.
    Time destroys everything. Yea, I could barely only watch it once (and imagine that's the max anyone could really). Very bleak and upsetting film.

BG Level

Yea, I don't know how you could watch it more than once unless you are just a sick person...excellent movie though.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 405 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast