Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just rewatched Big Trouble in Little China and The Thing. It never ceases to amaze me how awesome John Carpenter can be. Grosse Pointe Blank is a pretty decent dark comedy. Last few movies we watched were Never Back Down which really was a decent flick. And we just watched Redbelt the other night. Very slow moving flick, but it keeps you interested throughout the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    Anyone seen Babylon AD yet?
    I've read that the director's original vision of the film got gutted in favor of a more commercial take on the concept (by the studio execs of course). Not a good sign imo. D:

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shalyn View Post
    I just watched Teeth, what a confused movie, would not recommend

QQ Please tell me you didn't go into it with expectations? I saw the trailer and gave immediate thought to issuing a fatwa and calling for Jihad on the director's home and family.

X(

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Just came back from the movie theater and saw The Happening with Mark Wahlberg. Movie was garbage, one of those movies where your always waiting for it to get started then the credits start to roll.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I just saw some movie called Elephant last night. Just..fucking ugh.

Essentially about two kids who plan on shooting up a high school, but the entire movie has stretches where the camera just follows kids around the hallway..doing nothing. I hate myself for watching it.

It had some good death scenes and acting so bad (Marky Mark) that it was good. But yea, horrible movie. Shymalamama's movies are getting worse and worse.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Yeah, the acting was horrible. I was waiting for Marky Mark's trademark shoot someone in the last 2 minutes of the film but it never happened.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Face Off lol

Probably enough mistakes in it to laugh your way home, but in the end Castor Troy is a great character/a good laugh

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I have a quick question for everyone who says they liked Snatch...

ya like dags?

On Topic:
    In Bruges is an amazing film and I recommend all to see it. It is amazing. Have I mentioned it was amazing? Download it, if you like it, do the studio a favor and go buy the DVD, they deserve it.

In Bruges was great. It didn't get any coverage here in the States too it seems.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Essentially about two kids who plan on shooting up a high school, but the entire movie has stretches where the camera just follows kids around the hallway..doing nothing. I hate myself for watching it.
    Sounds like the Brown Bunny. Just replace the walking scenes with driving scenes. And Chloe Sevigny sucking Vincent Gallo's schlong on camera.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Venga View Post
    Even though it maybe chavy and very sterotyped, Kidulthood is an insane film, hardhitting and focuses on issues in London like violence drugs and sex, that kinda thing.

Old Boy, for obvious reasons as being simply epic.

If you haven't seen Trainspotting then you really should, it's one of the only films i think can compete with the likes of Pulp Fiction.

And for pure entertainment Smoking Aces is a most watch.

Sorry for any repeats.

Have you seen "This is england"?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Saw mongol last week, decent movie but they skip the best part. Another one i can recommend that i love is Formula 51 with samuel l jackson.

Edit:

Oh yea forgot to add Street Kings

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

just saw a korean movie dvd called Oldboy.

story was pretty sick... but it was a good movie.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Saw mongol last week, decent movie but they skip the best part. Another one i can recommend that i love is Formula 51 with samuel l jackson.

Pretty sure Mongol is the first of three movies. So we haven't seen the last (hurray!) I loved that movie. Don't know abt the history behind it all, but had some breathtaking cinematography.

Just saw Atonement. Man...I'm surprised I didn't cry during that movie. The end was so goddamn gutwrenching...

I must admit the dialogue was a bit heavy, and I'm usually good keeping up with movies. There are some very nice shots in the movie, but man it is depressing.

Edit: the soundtrack to Atonement was very intriguing. I liked it, a lot, but I don't know, the movie seems to me a perfect fit to put in Bach's Chaconne at -some- point.

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I know it's old, but I just saw The Grudge for the first time with a friend at like 3am on his projection home theater and I loved it.

La Vie En Rose - Best Foreign Film @the oscars and best actress last year I think

Very good movie. The editting is unique and it's not told in a 'traditional' way you'd think a biopic would be.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Watcher in the Woods. Fairly strange flick considering it was a Disney movie. Deals with an abducted little girl and aliens etc. Think it was made in the early 80's.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 405 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast