+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Summer Olympics     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Xavier

Yeah, Opening Ceremony in HD was a sight to behold, loved it. Fireworks at the end would have been fucking amazing to see in person, looked like the entire sky was on fire.

Looking forward to track, swimming and basketball.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The block thing blew my mind when all those people popped out and started waving.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Slapper View Post
    The block thing blew my mind when all those people popped out and started waving.
    when i saw all those ppl show up from under the blocked i was in awe.. that was beyond amazing

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Damn i missed it, and the videos of the ceremony aren't on youtube. :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

hahaha
    NBC spokesman is epic fail: "The "Central African Republic" is a republic in central Africa"

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The guy running at the top of the stadium was epic. As they were lifting him up, I thought to myself, "It would be terrible/awesome if the cord snapped," and then as soon as I said that, ONE SIDE OF HIS CORD DROPPED. God damn that scared the shit out of me.

FUCK YES

Semifinals for women's individual sabre: All three USA competitors and a russian

fuuuuuck yea

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was anyone else pissed that NBC didn't have the opening ceremony live? I mean, I realize the time delay would have made it at some wierd ungodly hour but its not like they had to delay it the 12+ hours they did.

I sat and watched half of it thinking "God how the hell is London going to put up anything similar in 4 years" and having horrid visions of dancing Beefeaters and Pearly Queens, or something hideously politically correct like lines of dancing Muslims and Polish immigrants.

The scroll was amazing, and the footprints thing was such a simple but cute idea.

Banned.

BG Level

the opening ceremony was like, moving

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Some American was just killed in Beijing.. >.>

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc...der/index.html

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

This olympic's is pretty unpopular outside of china but will end up being the most watched olympic's because of the china's rediculous population. I won't be watching the games but will check in to see how the basketball team does on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    This olympic's is pretty unpopular outside of china
    Is it unpopular outside of China, or is it unpopular in the US?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was really impressed by the opening ceremonies.
    The Chinese showed great awareness in where to show off technology and when to just rely on their old traditions.

Very entertaining ceremony.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    This olympic's is pretty unpopular outside of china but will end up being the most watched olympic's because of the china's rediculous population. I won't be watching the games but will check in to see how the basketball team does on ESPN.
    You must mean Americans, both my girlfriend and I are watching the games and so is my father and his wife. We live in America, and are American citizens... and the only other people I've heard boycotting the Olympics are right-wing Christian extremists. Quit overgeneralizing.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

One family doesn't mean all of America. There are a lot of people I know who aren't watching it. It has nothing to do with "boycotting" it either. It just has to do with some of us being bored to tears by a lot of the sports the Olympics bring. That and most of the time, it's only USA being shown on TV. Granted right now, there's some game going on between two other countries on MSNBC, but still. D: I just haven't been interested in them in a long time and that's the case for other people too I'm sure.

So quit assuming.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The American killed in that attack was the father-in-law of the coach of the U.S. Men's volleyball team. What a tragic event.

does anyone know where u can watch recaps of the events if you missed it on tv?

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_on...FE/online.html

change sport to whatever you like

And fuck yea for the US sweeping women's sabre event <3 Too bad all three of them want to retire internationally after this

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Who knew that China selected peter pan to be the torch lighter.