+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Summer Olympics     submit to reddit submit to twitter

This guy might be the oldest U.S. Olympian.

http://olymarcs.us/26_820.htm

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Wow.

Watching men's doubles tennis right now live. Canada vs Britain. Hope Daniel Nestor can get another doubles medal. Nestor has been one of the best men's doubles players for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Remyo View Post
    fuck you france hahaha
    Gotta love when bulletin board material such as France's claim blows up in their faces.

fencing finals was on a while back, god fucking damnit korea caught up and was tied against internation #1 italian fencer lady and with 6 seconds left we gave them a point... so fucking close! guess italy needed this win since we beat'em on archery

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Wow I watched an interview phelps had after he won he 6th heat of butterfly, and he seems kinda dumb lol, dont get me wrong he's an amazing swimmer he just seems dumb.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Fuck the men's tennis team are losing >.<

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

US Men's tennis team isn't very good last I checked D:

And yeah.. Phelps seems to be the typical jock type, but no doubt he's an awesome swimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiin View Post
    Yes it has to be the first leg because they are the only ones who start the correct way off the blocks where the rest of them get to sorta wind up before diving in.

I think they said Lezak is compeating in at least the 100 free and I thought the 200 relay.

Yah I'm rooting for Vanderkaay since he and his older brothers all went to my old high school. On top of that Matt Grievers went to the same college as me and I think graduated a year or 2 behind me.

It's always fun to watch the olympics with my wife. She was a level 10 gymnast growing up who became a collegiate diver. So I get all the little details about the events as well as background stories about the Olympians since she competed against some of them.
    Yea, it's really funny to be able to say I used to compete versus the Vanderkaay brothers. I used to swim versus Peter AND Alex back before Alex ended up quitting Rochester Adams swim team for OLY year round. Swimming against vanderkaay when he sets the state record is a little too much for me though.. he went like 4:23? Something around that in the 500yd free. My best was like a 4:58 .. -_-

Phelps is just a fuckin beast, nothing else to say.

Has to eat 8k-10k calories a day.....just fuckin stupid

3/3

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

He destroyed in that race. Broke his WR easily. Americans cleaned up in Swimming tonight. 1st and 3rd in the Men's 200m Freestyle, 1st and 3rd in the Women's 100m Backstroke, and 1st and 2nd in the Men's 100m Backstroke.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Swimming is the most exciting part of this fiasco thus far. The volleyball was cool too, just because the brunette got some sand in her vagina and she had to shake it out. Anyone else waking up for basketball in the morning? I'm up by then anyways...

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I probably will, yeah. I've been getting up hella early lately anyway.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Canadas best chance of a gold medal this year is the mens 8 rowing team. They look very strong, just need to tighten their technique a bit.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

WOW those swimming matches ... holy shit it's exciting to watch.

The male gymnasts are doing surprisingly well also, I'm hoping for a major upset here, but hell, it's still exciting to watch.

China up on Vault and unless something weird happens they should pull this out.

Going to bed hopefully I will wake up to see USA win the Gold but Silver would just be fine seeing how they lost Hamm.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Those kids are fucking pumped up. That high bar routine was crazy.

Is it me, or is china getting way higher scores than they should be getting? I'm not understanding this at all. Also, the fact that their womens gymnastics team looks like a group of 10 year olds makes me suspicious of them. I smell bullshit, there is no way that they're 16 or older.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Wow, Phelps strikes again. Gold number three.

I was impressed by the Canadian women's softball team tonight. They easily handled Chinese Taipei 6 to 1 behind the strong pitching of Lauren Bay Regula who, for all you Red Sox/Pirates fans, is the younger sister of MLB player Jason Bay.

I'm looking forward to the women having a real shot at a medal. Can you believe the IOC plans to do away with both men's baseball and women's softball in 2012? What an injustice. I love watching softball and baseball being a big baseball fan. I can think of a couple of sports that don't deserve to be a part of the olympics (hello equestrian).

I'm getting up early to watch the Canadian women's soccer team take on Sweden. They just need a tie to advance to the playoff round.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I thought baseball was already removed. When do they play?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Did anyone watch Natalie Coughlin's race? That was awesome. Backstroke was always one of her best.

I remember swimming with the girl back in the day she used to swim on Concord Terrapins in california. Haha. She was always so damn fast. I miss her, although she probably won't remember who I am because it's been years since I've last saw her in person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast