+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

World of Warcraft has its Map

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...65737195&sid=1

Best bow in the game drops, and some guild gives it to a rogue instead of a hunter (Apparently it's the best in the game for both classes, but more so for the hunters). I don't know anything about WoW, but I have to say it's amusing that the consensus seems to be "Those hunters have been with you for two months, they've earned their lotting rights." Maybe that sounds a little less crazy to people who haven't been in the same endgame linkshell for three and a half years, but assuming this guild has been around for more than, say four months, I'm thinking the community's level of outrage is way out of proportion on this.

I'm struggling to think of a /34WAR joke that would fit with WoW.

Cat

Go for the 'unassigned talent points' angle.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Maybe because the hunters only joined a couple weeks ago? My main is a hunter and I agree with the decision

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

WoW can never have the SE equivalent of FFXI's "map" since WoW is geared towards progression and the best gear is always made obsolete sooner than later

E. Body
    BG Level

I agree with the decision to give it to a Rogue, personally.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just reminds me of how good we do actually have it in FFXI. Ya know since WoW attracted the tween age group.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Not being to kill a mob in ffxi for 2+ years is really having it good eh?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

No. Just the overall lack of hormonal driven fifteen year olds causing retarded idiotic drama. Has nothing to do with game mechanics or content itself. Maybe you should head back to WoW

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    Maybe because the hunters only joined a couple weeks ago? My main is a hunter and I agree with the decision
    Ding Ding Ding.

Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    No. Just the overall lack of hormonal driven fifteen year olds causing retarded idiotic drama. Has nothing to do with game mechanics or content itself. Maybe you should head back to WoW
    Unless I missed something in the year and a half or so since I quit play FFXI, I'm pretty sure there's more then enough idiots in your game to cause all sorts of retarded drama. It's just that sadly the drama is still situated around the same content so no one cares.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Pretty sure the threads said the hunter were already around for at least 2 months before the raid, and that the rogue already got 2 warglaives if it's an actual matter of rewarding loyalty >_>

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    Yeah I've seen the same amount, if not more retarded tweens/fifteen year olds in FFXI as I have seen in wow.... My last guild leader was a Dentist in hollywood, was on tv a few times, and his brother an officer works on the senate.

Grats on generalizing an entire population just because you don't like the game. Stop bashing other games in a loot drama thread and not a ffxi vs wow thread, there are enough of those (not so many anymore since ya know, wow dwarfs ffxi's player base and there is no VS. anymore and SE is not even considered competition)

But I play both games, and love both, so I'm not too biased. I just think retarded statements are ya know, retarded.

Probably should have went to the rogue anyway though. And it's not like AV or PW, they'll get more. It's just the latest Ridill, if that.

Banned.

BG Level

Yeah I've seen the same amount, if not more retarded tweens/fifteen year olds in FFXI as I have seen in wow
    Grats on generalizing an entire population just because you don't like the game.

wut

EDIT: I don't think anyone who argues against WoW cares about the large playerbase. Kind of the same for people who argue against Guitar Hero, Halo, Madden, or Reality Television.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Pretty sure the threads said the hunter were already around for at least 2 months before the raid, and that the rogue already got 2 warglaives if it's an actual matter of rewarding loyalty >_>
    They had been in the guild for 2 months, and joined well after most of the hardwork in Sunwell was already done.

Their most loyal hunter already has a Thori'dal anyways, so /shrug.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

I'd agree with the decision to give it to the rogue as well. 2-3 months isn't really enough time to show someone's loyalty in WoW at all. People easily yank loot and join better guilds, xfer servers, or sell their chars. Legendaries aren't even as rare as they used to be anyways. So what if the rogue already have warglaives. We got 3 of those in a month. I didn't bother reading that entire thread, but if I were that hunter I wouldn't have cared about having to wait to get the bow next time or whatever. The expansions coming up anyways. Screw TBC gear.

And I don't recall playing WoW with many hormonal 15 year olds. Most raiders are gonna be college age or older. Gonna stay away from that topic, tho.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It's not even the best ranged weapon for a rogue thou, the one that drops from twins has better melee stats, not to mention a much higher drop rate from an easier boss. Retarded no matter how you look at it.

8=====>

BG Level

the majority of guilds aren't going to give a legendary to someone whos been in the guild for 2 months period. The rogue had been with the guild since they rerolled on that server and started Karazhan. Anyone who's been in a guild long enough to experience the high end dungeons would probably agree with giving it to the rogue.

The bow from twins isn't better..... I don't know where you get your info. 1 more agi and a little more "ignore armor"... those two things aren't going to make up for the lack of 16 crit rating.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
    the majority of guilds aren't going to give a legendary to someone whos been in the guild for 2 months period. The rogue had been with the guild since they rerolled on that server and started Karazhan. Anyone who's been in a guild long enough to experience the high end dungeons would probably agree with giving it to the rogue.

The bow from twins isn't better..... I don't know where you get your info. 1 more agi and a little more "ignore armor"... those two things aren't going to make up for the lack of 16 crit rating.
    Go stick it in a dps calculator. With ideal gear/gems in every slot, and under ideal raid conditions (max expose armor, cor, etc.), 63 armor ignore + 1 agility will beat 16 crit rating by under 1 dps. Under much worse conditions, thori'dal will beat golden bow, but by around 2 dps. You would really rather give the bow to a rogue for that, over the 150 minimum dps increase to a hunter that's been raiding sunwell with you for two months? That's really a huge waste of everyones time. You might as well disenchant it and tell your hunters to go fuck themselves.

8=====>

BG Level

I'm not denying that the hunter would have gotten more use out of the bow. In the case of legendaries, they're usually planned out well before they drop as to who will get what and in what order. Guy who's been with the guild since it was made vs. guy who's been in for two months..... most end game raiding guilds consider the first 6 months to be a trial period even. If you've raided at all you should know two months means nothing.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Go stick it in a dps calculator. With ideal gear/gems in every slot, and under ideal raid conditions (max expose armor, cor, etc.), 63 armor ignore + 1 agility will beat 16 crit rating by under 1 dps. Under much worse conditions, thori'dal will beat golden bow, but by around 2 dps. You would really rather give the bow to a rogue for that, over the 150 minimum dps increase to a hunter that's been raiding sunwell with you for two months? That's really a huge waste of everyones time. You might as well disenchant it and tell your hunters to go fuck themselves.
    I agree, more use if it was disenchanted.

The guild leader is an idiot