+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Abnormal log in screen?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Abnormal log in screen?

Im posting on behalf of my friend, she recently went to log on to POL and was greeted with a "Register your POL ID" screen, as if she just installed it for the first time, asking for her POL ID and password, normally she wouldnt worry but with the recent hackings this stuck out as a bit odd.

She didnt change any settings just shut down her computer as normal the night before, but now she logs on and it seems like POL has just forgotten her account? Has anyone ever experienced this before?

SE told us to get back to them on monday which was no use, so im just looking if for anyone else whose POL has seemed to just forget about them.

Thank you for your time!

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It's happened to me about 5 or 6 times over the last 2 years, should be nothing to worry about if it's the same thing I'm getting.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

These are the screens im seeing (sorry for the large size, my friend sent me these and i dont have time to resize). It first asks to update, restarts POL then this comes up -

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...FXI/weird3.jpg

then it leads to this

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...FXI/weird4.jpg

That's exactly what you get when you first install POL, I've gotten it a few times randomly too over the past few years without reinstalling or anything so it should be fine.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for the help! big relief!

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

most likely some registry setting gets nuked (the one that holds the yes, i've installed pol and registered an ID to it) and it reverts back to that, nothing really to worry about it happens sometimes, it becomes a worry problem when your password no longer works