+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Up In Arms     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Up In Arms

So, I'm sitting on nearly 800 seals now and can't get a bitch to do any BC with me lol. Any strats to make this or any other BC hat has a drop worth a fuck doable with either mnk nin or sam? (Preferably mnk since its my best geared and most merited)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wild Wild Whiskers is pretty easy. Not a bad drop rate on Penitent's rope but requires a WHM and a good NIN, with another DD it's cake.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

bleh only 390k on my server and 60 seals. Was looking something more profitable like Kclub or PCC. I heard using blind potion you can't get hit with gaze attacks like hex eye. Could I just use a blind potion and do U/O with mnk with sushi? Or maybe play like a rng with sam and arrows in the Up in arms?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Up in Arms is easy with kiter (I've done it with PLD and NIN kiting, I use elemental spells to help keep hate and add some damage), RDM, any DD (NIN, DRk, RDM was my most recent runs). Grav sticks easily, and you can sleep it if you need to rest mp, but I find it isn't an issue. RDM can easily help nuke for dmg too. It's really quite easy.

DD just needs to run when he gets hate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

PLD tank

WHM or RDM healer

Your MNK for DD

If you bring a WHM, they need a couple of yags and maybe mulsum or some such.

I usually trio WHM PLD BLU - if BLU doesn't set healing spells, we usually have to sleep it at like 25-30% for a minute or so, so WHM can rest. Takes about 10-12 minutes every time, including time to sleep it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

UIA isn't hard with RDM BRD NIN if you're decent at the jobs. <_<

Banned.

BG Level

rdm can duo it very easily with any one of brd, rng, blm, rdm, cor, or although not preferable thf, sam, or nin using /ra.

go with nin and just kite it around. have rdm grav it. as long as its grav and have a melee/mage with damage from a distance its a sure win.

MaachaQ

I normally do this with 2 BLM and a refresher (brd or rdm). Meleeing it is asking for trouble...

I just burned 7 orbs today, and got junk. Our record overall is 0/120ish, so don't expect a big payday. you get 50k+ just from the other junk though, so even non-club runs can get you some ok gil.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

PRope on an ok drop isn't profitable?

Ugh.

You're most likely going to waste 800 seals then. A non-excistent KClub is even less profitable.

I pretty much static my seals, we do UiA, but only cos it's just us two, we dont have to rely on anyway else, and it's 50k every time. Honestly going for PRobe would likely be way more profitable but like I said, UiA is zero effort to duo RDM BLM, and it's not our main income, so we might as well go do it a couple hundred times on the off chance of KClub.

Also, how about Royal Jelly or something? Double Ni drop is always nice.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I do UiA as COR/RNG with a PLD and RDM. We don't kite it, just PLD goes in and does his normal stuff while I'm shooting from the side. Half way through we take a break with 1-2 light shots which always land, we rest up and go finish him.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Indeed. Up in Arms is probably the least profitable BCNM there is unless you happen to get the club, which is highly unlikely.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Yea, but I'd rather take the less chance and get a shot at something I would probably never have otherwise (like a really expensive item or a decent start on a relic and being able to afford to sponsor ect) than stuff that's farmable with a few days to a week's dedication.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I heard using blind potion you can't get hit with gaze attacks like hex eye.
    Blind Potions are highly potent. You can still barely hit anythign after even if you use sushi.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What the others said, but also, if you actually do need cash the drop rate on Peni rope from Wild Wild Whiskers is actually decent.. whereas the Kraken Club doesn't exist.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ive always done UIA with BLM, BLM, RDM or BLM, DD/SAM, RDM.

BLM x2 (or x3 even) is a joke, 1 BLM with a /sam is a little bit more effort, but just about as good.

You're killing me here guys, 0/120? holy crap.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Quote Originally Posted by MaachaQ View Post
    I normally do this with 2 BLM and a refresher (brd or rdm). Meleeing it is asking for trouble...
    Why? o.O We melee it fine in my static. Never any kiting involved, we've never lost, never ran out of time, and never had any deaths.

As for droprate - yeah, we're about 0/70+ now... XD

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Up In Arms is EASILY duo'd with Rdm and Blm.

Any more is overkill. Only benefit is more orbs per trip. Have done this at least a dozen times and never come close to running out of time.

Also no Kclubs..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Laughing Skull

I've duo'd 'Up in Arms' several times as rdm/blm + rng/nin in under 10 mins everytime very easy having rdm grav nuke/kite with rng shooting/kiting even subbed blm on rng one time by mistake still went smoothly probably about 0/60+ on club.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast