Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bahamut Scheduler     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Bahamut Scheduler

Posting this to inform all Linkshells who have not seen it yet.
    (I just saw it today and it happened on August 6th)

Our site we use to schedule has now the 1 month limit. (Imo 6 weeks would be perfect but oh well maybe someone can contact this guy .)

So double check your Dynamis again.
    2 of our Xarcabard runs in September (14th and 27th) are gone due to the 1 month limit now so try to get your planned schedule you had till 12.09.08 back in there ^^
    (Like most Linkshells we used schedule like 6 weeks ahead)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Playing nice with others...

Hi Bercus,

Thanks for posting the note about the change in the Scheduler. We had a 6 week schedule in there too and a couple of ours had gotten dropped. As it is, I have been updating our schedule since the change for Undefeatable, and wanted to post a reminder here for any other people on Bahamut who do the same for their Linkshells.

Please, if there is any conflict in the schedule posted, contact the LS listed there to resolve it ahead of time. Speaking for our LS, we are pretty laid back and will work on any conflict with you, whether by adjusting our entry time or changing the zone if needed, so that hopefully everyone is happy. Mistakes can happen - and normally can be worked out easily with just a few /tells and minimal inconvenience for everyone concerned.

There have been two conflicts that have come up within the last few weeks, where we only found out about it just before the event (actually by seeing other players entering the zone 30 minutes before we were booked to go in). We changed zones - no big deal, but it was irritating for the same thing to happen again a couple weeks later, and by the same Linkshell.

Things could have been smoother if the people who entered the zone ahead of us had just contacted one of us when they had seen that we already had the zone booked too. I believe that one of our LS sacks did exchange some /tells with their leader, I didn't do so myself. It's water under the bridge at this point, but I just wanted to mention it here so people can be reminded that it's common courtesy to look for conflicts on the schedule before posting that you will be entering a half hour before someone else who already had the zone booked before you did.

With the upcoming reduction in entry cost, there are chances that more people will want to book zones, and there may be more instances of conflicts. Cooperation with our fellow Bahamut players, and playing by the rules, is always the best option.

Thanks,
    Ari

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yes we have had problems 2 times now with Cyr's LS taking our spot but i dont think it was a scheduling problem...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prep View Post
    Yes we have had problems 2 times now with Cyr's LS taking our spot but i dont think it was a scheduling problem...
    The same thing came up again tonight - Cyr posted to the scheduler that they would be doing the same Bastok run we already had Scheduled for September 8th too (now their 3rd conflict with us)

One of our sack holders sent him a /tell and was eventually told that he'd stop doing it in the future. We're going to change our plans for that day (I probably will update the schedule tomorrow) and we'll see if he sticks to his word. In the meantime, his /seacom in game seems to be what he thinks of the whole thing. To each their own I guess.

I do want to take this opportunity to publicly also apologize to Steadfasts LS / Konohamaru. Apparently UDF had a booking conflict with them last Sunday as well for the zone that Wish entered ahead of both of us. As it is, we switched to another unused one when we saw the conflict, but if it ever happens again that we have a booking conflict with anyone, please, just send a /tell and let me or one of our other leaders know as soon as possible so we can work things out.

I normally try to be careful - and have now taken to copying the schedule contents to our forums whenever I add a new run so I am double-checked, but like I said before, mistakes do happen occasionally.

Cheers,
    Ari

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prep View Post
    I thought that's what that was. Triple booked QQ moar etc. How... charming.

Ah, firstly, my /seacom is from yugioh abridged, and I've had it there since before you guys started QQing; simply because its an awesome quote. Please don't think I care enough about you(let alone even know who you are) to make a seacom for you.

Second, the most recent beauc was stolen from STF by UDF, then re-stolen by me. I'm like Robin Hood, or something. The simple explanation for that is that I was scheduled for Windy that day, but didn't feel like doing it. I looked to see which other zones were free on the scheduler, and I happened to notice an already stolen zone. So, I stole it from the stealers. If anything, it was done for great justice.

I don't really check BG much, or I would have seen this earlier. Was just stopping by to check an important PM ;p

EDIT: If you scheduled before the scheduler was deleted, please don't expect me to drop my glass and let you enter at the time you "say" that you designated before the erasure. Went over this tonight with Infusion, Thecrow, and Havan of "Choice LS." We all lost our scheduled times, quit crying.