+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

What would you do about noisy roommates/broskis?

Basically, there are 3 nights out of the week where I need to be asleep before 12am b/c I have to work in the morning. My roommates' friends are always over after that time, and are loud as fuck despite me always saying, "hey guys tryin to sleep in here." I've also told my roommates how much I hate it when they have ppl over when I have to work.

So tonight I've been trying to sleep for an hour and a half. I've told them once to quieten down, and yea I'm still awake. Anyone else have experiences with this sort of thing? I'm not really sure what to say to them without coming off sounding like a huge bitch.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Let them know they're paying for your part of the rent once you lose your job because them and their friends are keeping you up.

Or if you're the non-confrontational type, earplugs/towel under the door.

Moving out works too.

Theres basically nothing you can do unless you wanna sound like a huge bitch. So if you wanna stay cool with your room mate you can put up with it. But if you want just say listen i've told you a bajillion times to stfu so really stfu. he'll probably get annoyed and either permanently look at you a different way or just shrug it off and realize hes bein a dousche

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Could always take the passive-aggressive route and do it to them when they need to get up early and you know they have to

although I suppose that'll come off rather bitchy too once they figure out what you're doing *shrug*

AkashiXI

You can always bullshit it and make them feel guilty about making a ton of noise when you try to sleep. Complain about health problems, and tell them their constant noises is putting a dent in your everyday activities due to lack of sleep. If they don't care, then sit them down and try to make a compromise. If you don't want to sound like a bitchass (PDIDDYYO), try to work out an ultimatum. Maybe they can go to their friend's place, or possibly they can shut the fuck up D:. Either way, no matter how you look at it, you run the chance of rubbing off in a bad way.

I guarantee you that you're keeping yourself up just as much as the noise is by stressing over it. Let it go, and you'll sleep soundly even with them being loud in the next room.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The only solution is violence.

walk out wish can of gas and start throwing it on them, then hold a box of matches and say "STFU or burn" as you shake the box.

then walk back to the bed quietly

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire View Post
    walk out wish can of gas and start throwing it on them, then hold a box of matches and say "STFU or burn" as you shake the box.

then walk back to the bed quietly
    person i know did something similar had a buterfly knife and basically said stfu or i'll stab you

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

1) I live with 4 other dudes and they are always loud as fuck.

2)I bought an Air Horn

3)???

4) Profit, Sleep, Look like the bigger asshole

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

My bf is a light sleeper and always had problems with his housemates even when they were trying to be quiet. He started using earplugs at night and started getting a good night's sleep. He likes the foamy ones that you kinda screw up and then they "inflate" in your ear. I find them really uncomfortable though so YMMV.

He eventually got some housemate who had this annoying loud laugh that kept him awake despite the earplugs and continued asking to stfu so he moved out and got a place of his own, lol.

Good luck

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    Could always take the passive-aggressive route and do it to them when they need to get up early and you know they have to

although I suppose that'll come off rather bitchy too once they figure out what you're doing *shrug*
    No, that isn't the passive-aggressive route, that is the aggressive-aggressive route. Sing the "It's not fun when people are being loud when I am trying to sleep" song. (It consists of shouting "It's not fun when people are being loud when I am trying to sleep" semi-melodically as loud as possible over and over again.) Have really loud sex on his/her door. Grab some pots and pans and lead your friends on a parade. Basically ruin his/her night as much as he/she ruins yours.

Or better yet, find a roommate who isn't an inconsiderate shitboat. This sounds like passive-aggressive douchecockery, they are probably doing it intentionally, why else would the come over to hang out and be very loud on the days you have to sleep early. Anyway, non-anusmoat roommate, get one. They do exist.

Whatever they're doing I'm sure it involves some electricity. Go down to the basement, flip the breakers and use your cell phone as an alarm.

Gunitsoldier

Either suck it up and have no sleep or stand up and yell at them to shut the fuck up. If yelling doesn't help I advise the killing them in THEIR sleep technique.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lagunasa View Post
    1) I live with 4 other dudes and they are always loud as fuck.

2)I bought an Air Horn

3)???

4) Profit, Sleep, Look like the bigger asshole
    gdi I came into the thread to say this is the only solution. Good show.

There's no winning this war. I was in the same boat. You gotta move out.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Next time they do this, just walk into the room with a cup.

You then take off all your clothes, then squat over the cup, and shit in said cup.

They will never keep you awake again.

But seriously though, is this person you live with intelligent or kinda an airhead? The only real way to do this, is if you (in a non bitchy way) tell them that you really need to sleep between X and Y time, and if the tables were turned, you'd not tell friends to keep you up so late. Tell him to hang at the friends house instead of vice versa, or go for a joyride instead, there's no reason they should be hanging at your place so late.

Then you drink the contents of the cup.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

have sex with his mom

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lol Wafik, what the hell? Haha

Your best bet might be confronting your roomate about it in a non threatening kind of way about it. Don't get mad or upset. TALK about it. If he still insists on being an inconsiderate prick, then maybe speak to his friends. Or look for a new roomate. Whatever is the easiest option for you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Use some sort of white/pink noise to cover the sound. My roommate is fairly loud but I can't really hear him if I have an AC or fan running.