+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Islam and Cartoons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

lets look at the children of god cult, a group that condoned the sexualization of children until they faced legal troubles in the late 80s i believe

thats just ONE example - there are countless others

plenty of other groups who take a religious text and warp it to their own agendas

even still. all these books have messages in them that are inhumane/racist/etc. etc.

to try and pin all this radical-so-and-so arguments solely on islam is disengenuous to the larger argument:

that all these religions are man-made inventions. they were made so long ago and their messages have become obsolete. hence, why we can easily pick and choose the insane texts and then condemn the entire faith.

conversly, people pick the GOOD parts of these books and say their religion is peaceful and fair and blah blah blah blah

Also Firas
    BG Level

although this seems like a good chance for me to raise my post count, but im too lazy, plus you think you're going to sit here and debate about the Quran, when scholars of the highest eminence couldnt reach an agreement? really now. oh and by the way, do you know in well known Universities they disapprove wikipedia as a form of source? i wonder why...

you got an hour? here watch this if you're really interested in the Quran, rather than believing this crap on TV and lolwiki.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zATtBLSOpec
    The person speaking is/was: Gary Miller a mathematician and a theologian. He was active in Christian missionary work at a particular point of his life but he soon began to discover many inconsistencies in the Bible. In 1978, he happened to read the Qur'an expecting that it, too, would contain amixture of truth and falsehood.

This guy wasted years of his life on this issue, and he's no dumbass..and this is what he concluded.

nah im not saying wiki is right

im saying wiki, as a publically editted source of information, demonstrates that bias and hypocrasy

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    did you know a muslim in person? you read and comprehended the Quran?
    or you just watch the news? lol

get the fuck out please, and no im not having any retarded arguement here on BG about religion. if you really give a flying fuck go read and research like you really want to know, then say something retarded like this.

oh lol Elvis, wikipedia. good job, man.
    And where the hell is your credibility on anything written in the Quran/Bible/Talmund? Fact is, all were written thousands of years ago with countless iterations yet certain children of god like to either denounce their fellow man or just straight out kill one another over meaningless text. People like you is why I've set my plan in motion on burying a personal journal somewhere in West Bubblefuck, so that thousands of years from now when its dug up my descendants balls will be licked by the mindless sheep.

Religion is nothing more then the oldest form of politics to control the masses.

Firas, do you understand my post or why I cited Wiki?

Also Firas
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Firas, do you understand my post or why I cited Wiki?
    yes, that although they call islam is a religion of violence, other religions teach the same thing. aka hypocrisy

Yeah. I am not saying Islam or Judaism or Christianity are all 100% ______(good/bad/etc), but they all contain text that is racist/sexist/hateful/etc.

Radical Islam is the new communism. This is the new enemy of the US, hence we will frame "them" accordingly. This is not to say there aren't lunatics out there but it's misleading to characterize the entire religion as violent. People have selective memory when it comes to history.

Gunitsoldier

Hahahahaha nekschot. Moge wij nog lang leven <3