BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44
    Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Nevermind the fact that those NMs probably weren't intended to be fought with so few people and take far less time when using more.
    And killing the Qns has always, for me at least, limited the RRs to like 3

Next we're going to have a pic of a RDM soloing Genbu saying that.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Nevermind the fact that those NMs probably weren't intended to be fought with so few people and take far less time when using more.
    Yeah, for the length I was there we had 4 people (2x blm, sch, rdm). After I left we finally got bodies in to zerg it down, still took another hour after that for the final 6 kills. Kill speed isn't much of an issue either long as their coordinated (we were averaging about 7-8 minutes per kill), it's just that a mob that can reraise itself 20 fucking times... that's a BS timesink.

edit: We depopped the Qn's. In hinesight though, probabbly would have been easy enough to kill them. Kiting Ix'DRK is a fucking joke.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    A vast majority of his games are more or less natural with the exception of slight other worldly elements- I guess you just have to think outside the box.
    Dude, Revolver Ocelot was being possessed by the spirit of Liquid Snake via a transplanted right hand. That's not slight. I can take a lot of the sci-fi elements of the Metal Gear Solid series (in fact, I welcome them), but when I run into stuff like Liquid Ocelot or The Sorrow, my brain just slams into the limits of sustained disbelief.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    Yeah, for the length I was there we had 4 people (2x blm, sch, rdm). After I left we finally got bodies in to zerg it down, still took another hour after that for the final 6 kills. Kill speed isn't much of an issue either long as their coordinated (we were averaging about 7-8 minutes per kill), it's just that a mob that can reraise itself 20 fucking times... that's a BS timesink.

edit: We depopped the Qn's. In hinesight though, probabbly would have been easy enough to kill them. Kiting Ix'DRK is a fucking joke.
    Killing the Qns is so easy when you aren't solo, it's just not worth not doing it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Blizzard couldn't balance a cube,just look at WoW jobs.
    What are you talking about?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbalah View Post
    Dude, Revolver Ocelot was being possessed by the spirit of Liquid Snake via a transplanted right hand. That's not slight. I can take a lot of the sci-fi elements of the Metal Gear Solid series (in fact, I welcome them), but when I run into stuff like Liquid Ocelot or The Sorrow, my brain just slams into the limits of sustained disbelief.
    You're ruining the memories

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    You're ruining the memories
    Of how Liquid totally owned Solid Snake in voice-acting?

At least in the original...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post

Liquid Snake? More like Liquid Ham. :D

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras View Post
    What are you talking about?
    He's basically saying a few jobs in WoW are stupidly broken compared to all others. Rogue and Warlock come to mind.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post

Well, I don't know. Liquid sounded just like Adrian (Nicky's brother) in Little Nicky. Scarred me for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    He's basically saying a few jobs in WoW are stupidly broken compared to all others. Rogue and Warlock come to mind.
    i heard they recently gimped warlock in pvp now though

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Druid=broken
    Their DoTs do stupid amounts of damage and stack indefinitly.(Picture if Poison II could be stacked multiple times but increase Poison II's DoT from
    10/tick to 60/tick.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbalah View Post
    Spoiler: show
    That's not actually what happened, he more or less 'faked' the entire Liquid possession thing in order to subvert the Patriots. He did the whole Liquid impersonation thing as a cover to manipulate everything... including the Patriots. It's revealed in the hour-long string of 'wtf's that comprise the last hour or so of MGS4. Can't help you with The Sorrow though, that really seems to be what it is at face value.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    The problem comes from WoW having 2 fronts, PvP and PvE. Blizzard does in fact care more about PvE and it is completely and tottaly balanced (every class is wanted except "PvP specs" like frost and disc). In PvP it is a different story, though classes are supposed to work togethor not solo.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras View Post
    The problem comes from WoW having 2 fronts, PvP and PvE. Blizzard does in fact care more about PvE and it is completely and tottaly balanced (every class is wanted except "PvP specs" like frost and disc). In PvP it is a different story, though classes are supposed to work togethor not solo.
    If by balanced you mean every class gets at least 1 raid spot, than yeah, if you mean they are balanced vs. each other, than no not really. I think the current state of mages vs. warlocks is a good example. Warlocks bring more utility, and do both more single-target and aoe damage compared to a mage, and because of that it's usually ideal to only run with 1 mage, and several locks. I wouldn't call the way shamans are being stacked right now very balanced either. A few pve specs are also almost universally unwanted, like arcane mages and moonkins. It's really not that bad, but I definitely wouldn't call it "totally balanced".

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    If by balanced you mean every class gets at least 1 raid spot, than yeah, if you mean they are balanced vs. each other, than no not really. I think the current state of mages vs. warlocks is a good example. Warlocks bring more utility, and do both more single-target and aoe damage compared to a mage, and because of that it's usually ideal to only run with 1 mage, and several locks. I wouldn't call the way shamans are being stacked right now very balanced either. A few pve specs are also almost universally unwanted, like arcane mages and moonkins. It's really not that bad, but I definitely wouldn't call it "totally balanced".
    And this is why there are three Arena brackets instead of just one.

And I don't envy being a Warlock when there are at least three/four other people rolling against you for loot.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You Know It's Time To Lock A Thread When:

#23: The topic of discussion turns to Metal Gear and WoW.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    I definitly wouldn't call Arcane Mages and Moonkins universally unwanted, if you have a Moonkin with high attendence (So people can remove hit for better stats) its a very valuable raid slot. Arcane Mages are weird, they are made for T5 content which means in a sense they have become worse. We run with 1 Arcane Mage who wins our DPS every time as far as mages go (3/4 T6, 2 piece T5). Mages may have fallen behind in DPS but Poly really is an amazing spell, though mainly for Trash (Hyjal, Sunwell, rarely BT)

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    You Know It's Time To Lock A Thread When:

#23: The topic of discussion turns to Metal Gear and WoW.
    I think you nailed it right on the head.

Closed Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44