Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Knotty Treants, Divine Log?

Do these actually exist or is someone stupid editing wiki to make me go out and farm these?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Knotty_Treant

It says 0%, But on the Leshy (Lufaise Meadows), Rosewood log also says 0%. I have gotten rosewood logs off of Leshy's in lufaise.. But i highly doubt divine logs would come off of a regular monster. >.>

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wanna say its bullshot but 3 seperate people contributed to that. So I'm guess if it does its <1%, IE not worth your time.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

If it dropped Diving Log, RMT would be farming it by now.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

it's mirrored over on the divine log table and no editor seems to have questioned it yet (see lack of 'confirmation required' symbol)

yet there's a discussion count of a guy who's 0/312. ofc. there's about a 4% chance of that if the drop rate is 1%. (if the drop rate is say, 1/255 or about .4% it's something like a 30% likelihood of going 0/312)

ever wanted to make a drop that only TH4 thiefs could find?

Are you saying I could waltz into the Flamingo page and edit in "Siren's Hair 0/72" on the spot and simply use in my defense "WELL IT HASN'T DROPPED YET, GUYS, SO WE WON'T KNOW FOR SURE UNTIL IT DOES!"

I mean, shit, what's the point of even putting 0/n on a mob drop table aside from screwing with people?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    Are you saying I could waltz into the Flamingo page and edit in "Siren's Hair 0/72" on the spot and simply use in my defense "WELL IT HASN'T DROPPED YET, GUYS, SO WE WON'T KNOW FOR SURE UNTIL IT DOES!"

I mean, shit, what's the point of even putting 0/n on a mob drop table aside from screwing with people?
    well, presumably someone had a reason to do it and I mean if *something* not an hnm was going to drop one. treants in [s] zones does make the most sense.

it's alot of work to go through for a hoax, and if the suggested drop rate is 'about right' one particular person going 0/312 isn't that unlikely. (I mean shit, I've gone 0/8 on swift belt which is about 4 times less likely.)

edit: I should clarify - I'm not saying it's right that it should say it (on bg-wiki we'd at least have a verification tag on it until someone posted a screenshot of it dropping) but one guy getting 0/312 isn't justification for removing it either. either it's removable because it hasn't been proven - which isn't otherwiki's style (regardless of our personal opinions about whether ffxic is dumb to do it that way or not) - or it's not removable because lack of proof is not proof of negative especially when it's one guy and he's just not even 2 deviations out from normal yet.

New Merits
    BG Level

The user who added Divine log also added Petrified log to the loot table, which also seems to have a low or null droprate. Both were added on April 27, 2008. It would be interesting to get first-hand comments from him, but I doubt that will happen.

i dont think it does i spent a few days out there on thf messing around killed a few hundred and dident get Dlog yes i have TH4 and still nothing kept count up to 500ish the first day and 2 days after that i did maybe 300ish each

so its ether so rare NOT even a persistent TH4 thf has a chace at it or it dosent drop it prolly just someone messin around laughing at all the ppl he got out there farming for somthing that dosent drop lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Thanks for your info, but please use periods next time. <_>

Taisais drop refresh guys we should go farm em.

Mistletoes 25% drop rate my ass!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

a couple days ago i followed this and went to grauberg to farm knotty treants with th3. i killed about 40, got 7 mistletoe and no divine logs... not that that is a big enough sample size to prove anything, but enough to cast some more doubt

Its complete bullshit like i said prolly just some ass laughing while tones of ppl go out and farm it. I took it down off wiki.