+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NM Claim idea?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

NM Claim idea?

This is in all likelihood not a new idea but...

Would it be a halfway decent idea that a mob that takes 21 hours to pop (or more, whatever) can pop and be yellow for say 5 seconds. Something short but long enough if you're watching then you can see it. Then if you perform some action on the mob in that window the server /randoms for you?
    The way I see it - the /random done by linkshell leaders is the most civil way but can be interrupted by a rogue claim

Problems:
    More people = more chances: But if your linkshell wants it more, maybe you deserve that chance?
    Sub problem: Low level mules bumping numbers - could be fixed with a minimum level.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can't but agree with your sig.

But seriously.. no, I don't see this working at all, if you refer to SE changing the game mechanics.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yes, chocolate marshmallows are a high importance item.

No really, I got where you were going with my sig. ; ;

I like this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It would be nice if they could make kings a lotto claim. Really what is SE trying to prove with the current claim system? Skill? Maybe in theory but we know skill has nothing to do with claiming anymore. Might as well give anyone a shot to claim. The skill should be the fight, it shouldnt be in the claim (not like kings require any skill to kill anymore)

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quitcherbitchin', you'd rather it be like the old days where the JP with the best connection wins every time? The current system isn't 100% fair of course, but no system will ever be 100% fair - even with the stupid /random system detailed above, the advantage still goes to whichever LS can bring out the most level 1 mules.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    Quitcherbitchin', you'd rather it be like the old days where the JP with the best connection wins every time? The current system isn't 100% fair of course, but no system will ever be 100% fair - even with the stupid /random system detailed above, the advantage still goes to whichever LS can bring out the most level 1 mules.
    Well, this idea would not make claiming all about latency again. And claim advantage going to the LS who brings the most bodies out is an improvement on the current system, where claim advantage goes to the LS who brings the most bots out.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Change delay numbers on bot to match new system and enter stage 1 all over again.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Bot would have no effect on this. The system he's referring to allows each person in the area 5 seconds to perform some action which is similar to a /random (but only available to the FFXI server, and not clientside), and after that 5 second window the mob claims red to whoever randomed the highest, or closest to correct number.

It might be odd to program (would require giving players a new ability or at least maybe only a new /emote) but I think it'd be very effective and fair, assuming someone doesn't figure out how to trick the random system and produce his own results.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sleekmotorwurkz View Post
    (not like kings require any skill to kill anymore)
    tell this to the shell who raged nidhogg at 79% yesterday ;;

I like this idea except for the fact that you'd see 200+ people in aery to help each LS improve their chances while at the same time a good chunk of them probably won't be able to even see faf in order to act on him because of the massive amount of bodies in the pit.

You know what, make that 300, I'm sure plenty of people with an ES Sleep would be willing to try their chances and sell the claim.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'd rather they keep it as is and just have a total of say 10 entries in the dat for a given NM. When a window time is up 10 'fakes' spawn. When its the actual NM's time 9 'fakes' and 1 real spawn. A fake is some non-targetable thing or something. Whereby if a claim attempt is made (by say a bot or other cheating method) insto-ban. And while your at it, flag the party/alliance for further investigation. Just my $0.02

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Make all roz/cop kings ??? pops. Who cares anymore if everyone has Ridills and Defending Rings.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX View Post
    Make all roz/cop kings ??? pops. Who cares anymore if everyone has Ridills and Defending Rings.
    The people with Ridills and D.Rings that sucked co-- uh... worked for them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by CelinaAlexander View Post
    The people with Ridills and D.Rings that sucked co-- uh... worked for them.
    This.

Making Kings a popped system is a topic that a lot of friends have brought up, and we always get the argument that someone wouldn't be earning it if they didn't compete to claim it.

Personally, I don't see standing around for up to 9 hours a day as a means of earning gear, I see it as a time-sink designed to keep people playing (and paying), but some people love the competition (and drama) that ensues from the current system.

People have thrown around lots of ideas, such as a BC or item similar to ENMs (limited to once a week or whatever number they threw out) where you fight the NQ with normal drops and a chance of dropping an item that allows entry into the HQ fight, or a farmed pop item, I could go on all night about ideas that I've heard.

No matter what system, the current one or any changes that SE ever makes to Kings, part of the playerbase is going to get up in arms about anyone being able to obtain the gear that they've worked for (botted or not), and I can certainly understand their point.

In the end, people have to make a decision if the current system is something that they're willing to participate in, if the drops are worth the time inherent in competing with the other people that have deemed it worthwhile. I say this because SE seems unwilling to change Kings for whatever reasons that they deem worthy.

(In before people assume that I'm QQing about it, I'm not, just my input.)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I don't think very many new client side things would need to be programmed - any hate generating action on the mob would just put you on the list of people the server /randoms and you can only be on the list once.

Now I'm just patching this whole thing up

What if the level requirement was 60 - that wouldn't bring too many more people in that wouldn't be there normally perhaps.

Hmmm.... selling claims. That would be a problem there wouldn't it. Drawing a blank on avoiding that one.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How bout everyone stands around and laugh's as the fucktard dies.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Chrius View Post
    What if the level requirement was 60 - that wouldn't bring too many more people in that wouldn't be there normally perhaps.
    Should just make the level requirement 75. Encourages people to exp and get a buffer. And seriously, when was the last time you saw 18 Lv 60-70 people fighting Fafnir? Never. SE just needs to be strick and stop trying to include as many people as they can. Force people to hit the level cap and stay there.

Edit: Oh and me and my Left Ring slot care about every Tom, Dick and Harry having a Defending Ring. Fuck the non D Ring population! Eat that <2% drop rate like everyone else. =p

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Edit: Oh and me and my Left Ring slot care about every Tom, Dick and Harry having a Defending Ring. Fuck the non D Ring population! Eat that <2% drop rate like everyone else. =p
    This can be changed alla Kraken Club style. Obviously there are more chances to obtain a club now, but with the drop rate on the BCNM lowered, it's hardly causing any sort of trouble.

Do the same with Kings. Keep the originals the way they pop, and the %ages they have, and just include a new way to pop them with a lowered % on the high ticket items.

It should satisfy people on both ends. People who dont want everyone to have the items will be happy because the drop rate is toned down. And the people who want the chance to fight the kings more will be happy that they can.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Or we could all move over to AoC!(sarcasm)