+ Reply to Thread

Reformatted, now problems...

I reformatted my sisters laptop yesterday, but now there's plenty of things wrong with it. Firstly, it won't play any sound. I realize that I need to download a sound driver, but I literally spent an hour searching the internet to no avail. The information I was looking to download was a Legacy Audio Driver, but nowhere I looked had anything.

Secondly, the internet was extremely choppy. Like, when I scrolled down, it looked like separate frames which didn't look good at all. I did my research, and it said it was because my video card was not installed (hardware is there, but software?). So I downloaded a program to tell me what video card the laptop has, and it's an ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 (M9+). I went to the manufacturer's website, but they didn't have that one to download, so once again I tried google, but nothing again.

Lastly, the laptop has a scroll slider on the mouse pad, but that doesn't work anymore... I don't want to have to take this in to a shop where they're going to charge me $40 for something I should seemingly be able to do myself. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

What type of laptop is it? Manufacturer's websites usually contain every type of driver you need. Find the maker and model, go to website, look up drivers, and there you go. All the errors you are describing are because the laptop is loading generic drivers instead of the ones for the specific hardware that you have.

The laptop is an LG LM40. So I'm actually supposed to go to the LG website?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

http://www.lge.com/support/software.jsp

Enter your region, then notebook - LM40 series, and the operating system you put on it. Hit search and it'll display all the drivers.

Thanks a million! I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally appreciate it. <3