Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fun things to solo on nin     submit to reddit submit to twitter

That would explain it <.<

I'm sporting 900 HP max any time Meikyo goes off, and that's assuming I'm cured to full.

Although, yesterday I died simply due to retardation. Bad Breath > Sweet Breath > Sweat Breath. I think to myself, "Yay, only one Bad Breath!", put shadows up, etc.

Tsuko falls to the ground.

-_-; Forgot I was still poisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbers View Post
    I've duod BB with an extremely competent and skilled NIN, and he still died. Twice. AoE shadow wipe > regular hit en-terror /goodbye most NINs. It also hits like a fucking truck.
    It's possible to die if you're competent, luck can make your eva build worthless and baseline 20% acc go off a few times in a row.. but a good eva build makes it so statistically it shouldn't happen. I'm sure your 'extremely competent and skilled NIN' just didn't bring the right gear for the situation, or didn't macro into eva stuff fast enough(or have enough of it for that matter).

That taru is crazy

Soloing KS30 Contaminated Collisseum is a fun one too if you have a lot of seals sitting around. Cassie earring, Morbolger vine & standard KS30 money drops.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    None of them were really that impressive tbh.. but this is FFXI. Anyone with a decent eva build can do charybdis, kreutzet, fenrir, vivian, BB, etc.. anyone who isn't retarded can do ix'mnk, JoF, and holy cow =|
    I am more curious about JoF. . . You have killed JoF solo as NIN? Do tell if that is the case, Id be interested as hell to do this. Details!

Fort not faith, if you weren't sure which. Pop at night, use powder boots before popping and zone. After zoning, go back and find it.. zone it again.. repeat until the adds have gained enough distance from it that they don't link. After this, pull it to a tower besides the one you popped it in and kite around the circular safe room, spamming ni nukes with ele staves whenever you have a significant lead. When it hits 5:50 or so, get a significant lead and kite until it's nighttime again(6:50 with AF+1 feet). It helps to have the fancy stuff for ninjutsu(koga kyahan, stealth earring, hq staves, ninjutsu torque/earring), but i'm sure it's doable without just slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyn View Post
    Soloing KS30 Contaminated Collisseum is a fun one too if you have a lot of seals sitting around. Cassie earring, Morbolger vine & standard KS30 money drops.
    How does this solo work? I have seals to use on a 75cor mule, so I'd enter with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ubermonkey View Post
    How does this solo work? I have seals to use on a 75cor mule, so I'd enter with that too.
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/quests.html?fquest=627

my strat is on lolallak. Go find the post written by me.

However a small warning, when I used to solo it, Evil Oscar did not one use Sweet Breath on me. However that one time I duoed, it did. I'm still not sure what determines whether it uses Sweet Breath - 2 people in BCNM or 2 people on enmity list or something else.

Extremely bad breath uses all available TP, if you have subtle blow merits and rajas ring it typically won't get tp between extremely bad breaths. I would assume either your duo partner gave it tp somehow or other or you had a large amount of double attacks.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

JoFort: no need to zone really, just kite with boots to one of the other squares, any aggro will despawn, and the Jailer and his pets will also lose aggro as well, allowing you to go back and grab JoF. After that, very easy. Especially since the jailer will stop momentarily to reflect your magic back on you, minimizing his gain on you.

Higher tier solos for nin are 38% gear, 12% skill, and 50% luck.
    And hi, by the way. I had a lot more solos I wanted to video, but I have a life now. Maybe in a few months if I'm unlucky with that.
    Good job on Vivian, Thorny. That was on my list.