Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fun things to solo on nin     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fun things to solo on nin

So I'm really bored at the moment, and my ninja needs a workout.

What sort of fun stuff can I solo as nin?

Note that I don't have /dnc levelled yet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Prolly out your league but this is the temple of NIN solo you should look at:

http://youtube.com/user/MintTea42

Thanks.

The Holy Cow solo looks interesting.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ubermonkey View Post
    Thanks.

The Holy Cow solo looks interesting.

I went like 1 in 4 on that one.

The Buffalo will always do a 2hr animation changing his ACC, ATK, Attack Speed, Defense and Magic Defense. It seems completely random and if you unlucky you will have no chance. 100fisting Buffalo hitting for 1200 damage with good ACC just is a big "fuck you you will not win today" statement

The time I won I took like 28 minutes, too. Although I wasn´t didnt have much prepared for Ninjutsu nukes

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    I went like 1 in 4 on that one.

The Buffalo will always do a 2hr animation changing his ACC, ATK, Attack Speed, Defense and Magic Defense. It seems completely random and if you unlucky you will have no chance. 100fisting Buffalo hitting for 1200 damage with good ACC just is a big "fuck you you will not win today" statement

The time I won I took like 28 minutes, too. Although I wasn´t didnt have much prepared for Ninjutsu nukes
    Ouch that sounds pretty horrible.

I usually attempt to do Brothers on blm, so this would be a nice change :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Start on Aura Statues >_>!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Lord of Onzozo's fun and semi-easy as /rdm, just keep barwatera up and macro in Genbu's Kabuto and Merrow No.17's Locket for Waterga. Might want a yag drink or a dagger for energy drain.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was able to solo the Holy Cow ENM very regularly, although I took a somewhat unique path. NIN/BLM using a mixture of evasion and nuking gear while spamming the wheel. I would wait until it was night before entering so I could make use of AF1 pants + feet. Take it to one side, spam wheel, run to the other side, etc. Best time was 18 mins.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Fortitude and ix'mnk were pretty impressive

Anyone can solo Ix'aern MNK, I was amazed at Charybdis.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Charybdis and Brigandish Blade were pro. Heck, all of them were pro, this guy is good.

And he's a GD Taru.

None of them were really that impressive tbh.. but this is FFXI. Anyone with a decent eva build can do charybdis, kreutzet, fenrir, vivian, BB, etc.. anyone who isn't retarded can do ix'mnk, JoF, and holy cow =|

Waiting on your videos of any of the above in group1, discluding Kreutzet, which a braindead toddler could kill. Evasion-builds don't come standard with intuition and excellent reflexes.

EDIT: Where did you get VV from? I pop Chainspell and toss out a few Blizzards ~55% to force Meikyo, and still just barely manage to survive it spamming instant-cast buffs and Remedies. I don't see how a Ninja would have any chance against it if she decided to use more than one breath(its always triple Bad Breath when you're solo, of course).

My PC isn't good enough to keep fraps running, I've done fenrir vivian kreutzet charb with witnesses.. you hardly need excellent reflexes or any real amount of intuition to count shadows and recast debuffs when they wear. FFXI never has been and never will be a skill game, the high percentage of people who probably can't even tie their own shoes just make the rest of us feel smart/skilled/whatever.

Edit: No, I haven't done BB. However, I understand game mechanics and having duoed it I know how shitty it's accuracy is and that it has standard attack speed.. don't see how it'd be any problem to any decent equipped nin.

Fair enough, but that's because you're a good player, not because its easy. Well, its certainly not easy on Red Mage with infinite utilities, so I can't imagine it would be on Ninja.

And I still don't understand how you killed Vivian. O.o

Vivian is 'harder' than the others in that list, but if you stand in the same safe spot RDMs use to solo it, you don't have to worry about spiders. Sub dancer, never use WS.. remedies for bad breath, other tp moves are entirely harmless. My evasion build is near-perfect, but I'm sure it could be done with less since it has about 30% accuracy on me. For reference:

Main: Senjuinrikio
    Sub: Shiranui/Shusui(I have a perdu blade, but obviously it's garbage for /dnc. Shusui for vivian, shiranui for charybdis, opinion call on most other shit)
    Ammo: Ungur/Fen Stone depending on time
    Head: AF+1
    Neck: Evasion Torque
    Ears: Evasion Earring, Ethereal Earring
    Body: Scorp+1(0/4 enkidu harness, but i'd use that over it =[)
    Hands: Rasetsu+1(0/7 madame, would use that over them)
    Rings: Wivre+1 x2(substitute rajas for one on vivian or other tp sensitive stuff)
    Back: Boxer's Mantle
    Waist: Scouter's Rope(I'd use peiste belt+1 on vivian if i could find one, I'm not bothering with NQ because it's half as effective and not sure its worth giving up scouter's)
    Legs: Enkidu's Subligar during the day, AF at night(substitute akinji salvars during the day on something like charybdis where tp isn't a real issue, or byakko's haidate on easy stuff like kreutzet)
    Feet: Dance shoes+1(0/4 Hachiryu Sune-Ate)

Tinnin needs to stop being a skank. I have another pop this weekend though n.n

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I held VV for about 20 mins on RDM/WHM so I can believe a NIN could solo it. I've duod BB with an extremely competent and skilled NIN, and he still died. Twice. AoE shadow wipe > regular hit en-terror /goodbye most NINs. It also hits like a fucking truck.

And no it wasn't a shitty NIN, we went and killed Suzaku right after, that was easier.

How do you deal with Meikyo? Vivian is a pretty lolHNM in general for me, even though I can't paralyze her. The only difficulty I ever have is when she triple-breaths me during Meikyo(which hasn't failed to happen in over twelve kills/sixteen attempts).

It depends on which TP, I carry antidotes and remedies to free up waltz timers though. If it's drain whip HP or bad breath, hit waltz macro once then use remedy if breath. If it's poison, antidote macro.. sweet breath nothing. There's a chance waltz gets paraed, but worst case scenario is sweet breath -> sweet breath -> sweet breath or bad breath, in which case you take ~850 damage and are slept so shadows get boned(or in the case of bad breath, have to use a couple remedies before waltz, but utsu should be up still). For sweet breath, I still have ~500 hp left, just have to hit waltz macro then ni after 3rd one goes off and it lands another hit or sleep wears and gradually spam waltz/drain samba 2 meleeing back to full hp. I'm sure it's possible to die to triple breath, it's just not overly likely with a proper eva build as an elvaan with hp merits. For taru, I suppose triple breath is basically game over.