• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Dalecia

USB Mic/Headset for voicechat only in Counter Strike Source.

Anyone know how I can have my logitech USB headset play peoples voices through my headset, while only playing the games audio through my 5.1 system? I was able to do this back in the day with ffxi and such obviously cause ventrilo runs seperately but I'm just wondering if theres anyway CSS can split this?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not found a way myself mainly because Steam is fucking retarded for not allowing you to select an output device for voice.

I've heard a guy say he managed to achieve a similar effect though by sending the center-speaker output through to his headphones via a non-USB set.
    (which apparently all voice-chat comes out of according to him)

Dalecia

That sucks, oh well. Good thing I only play css for zombie mod or fun servers lol.

Thanks

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

If your one is anything like mine, run any programs you want through the speakers, with the headset unplugged. Next, plug in the USB headset and then open the programs you want through the headset, they should default into playing through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    If your one is anything like mine, run any programs you want through the speakers, with the headset unplugged. Next, plug in the USB headset and then open the programs you want through the headset, they should default into playing through that.
    He means to seperate the actual in game voicechat from the in game sound effects which isn't possible with in game settings.