+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree View Post
    I still had the key item Drawing of a Galka on my character from an event in like 2004 or 2005. I don't think it's even possible to get rid of that thing anymore, but it's always nice to have available for the auto-translator.
    I have Drawing of a Mithra, and between that and {Pirate's Chart} I can usually come up with some amusing seacoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Necros View Post
    You have no idea how long it took to make all these + the guildpoints spent to sign them all, which they are.

Reference: Every type of starlight festivle cake signed and HQ'ed. Also made a Hellsteak +1 signed, but a friend wanted to bazaar that.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/931/craftedwx6.jpg
    Awesome bazzar.

Telliani

http://fallenlights.net/ffxi/bazaar.jpg

The moon carrot is from some event that they had before NA joined years ago. My husband bought one for me in Jeuno and every time I've quit, I'd give it to a friend to hold onto, then they'd hand it right back.

The Newt is Bob. Silfer keeps threatening to cook him.

That soup has got to be all mold now, it's from years ago.

And of course.. the cheese sandwich. My group of friends all have one, though I think the Ninja's planning on eating it some day.

Also have a NQ Light [Scary] Staff...

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When I started playing, I had a friend in LS that had a lvl 50 WHM and lvl 50 BLM, with 2 Morion Earrings. I used to think he was the pimpest player ever, and said to myself: ‘‘One day, I'm going to have 2 Morion Earrings too’’. Today (four years later), I still hold on to the earrings to remind myself of how long of a journey it's been.

I like turtles.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nadrojj Rolyatt
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Lol I too have an Elishmo Newt from my first time going to Norg...I used to give them out to my friends, till one told me it was pretty creepy that I was handing out Newts to people...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    Today (four years later), I still hold on to the earrings to remind myself of how long of a journey it's been.
    You know, that's what's beautiful with that game : I can look at each piece of gear I have, and remember a nice (or sad, or frustrating, or happy) history of how I got it, and who helped me getting it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

In my delivery box up untill last night was a signed subligar by Ghostfaced, sent by Wottles. Both those players had quit game / moved servers, but now they're both back on my server so I moved it to my mog house.

I was always a bit of a collector of random crap. The best stuff I've got though is um...oh, I have a signed Love Chocolate that a friend gave me just before she quit. We used to be in a small Australian Social LS together, with about 5 other ppl. It meant alot to me, cuz for years I have played various online games (where meeting other actual Australians is sometimes a rare thing), and it was one of my first and favourite LS's. Everyone quit FF in the end and still miss them all, and she was the last one to go (except me). She said she accidentally HQ'd it when she first made it, but she thought giving a Truelove Chocolate would be a little bit creepy, lol.

I also hang onto a Minstrel's Dagger, in the memory of my best mate ever that quit about a year ago. He and I used to always do stuff together on Bst, and always tried to transmogrify everything into being duoable by Bsts. The quest for the dagger was no exception (and was actually surprisingly easy lol), and has been useful to me quite a bit too. When I lvled Thf a few months after he quit, I used that dagger for as long as I could (I didnt bother getting the AF weapon), and ppl were always /checking me saying "Wow, wtf dagger is that? whered you get it?".

I also have a Garrison Sallet a friend gave me when he helped me quest my RSE gear, he's long gone too. And lastly, I still have the first HQ item I ever bought - my Corsette+1 that I still use on Bst 3 years later to this very day. I remember forking out loads for it too, omg @.@, but I treasure it. To me its a symbol that good investments stick around forever.

And also, I bought a My first magic kit furniture on my first day lol.

A couple of really dumb items, but everyone has stupid keepsakes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Things I've crafted:

First is a self signed spike necklace, my first useful HQ'd piece of gear that I ever made. Even if I can't use it I won't get rid of it.

I also have a magic Scorpion ring. I say it's magic because no matter what I did it wouldn't go away. At first it was just a random skill up ring I made. But after having it sent back from the AH three times, I was about to NPC it. But something made me change my mind, run to the MH and grab a few lightning crystals. Figuring it would pop while i attempted to desynth it, I was surprised when it didn't. So, I grabbed some wind Crystals and synthed the claw back into a ring. Ended up going back and forth with this one ring, getting an entire level from just it, and stopped when I finally ran out of crystals. It now sits permanently in my Storage because it just wouldn't break.

Random stuff I keep:

4 leaf mandy bud, just because. The two dead linksacks from my previous LSs...both of which lead to the creation of the current LS I'm the shellholder of, which has been going strong for at least four years. My used War Testimoney from when I pummeled Maat to the ground...still have to do the same on Thf.

A single Holy Bolt and a RS chainmail given to me by friends who quit. They were a married couple irl and big part of my first real LS. The wife spent a lot of time woodworking in sandy, and when she saw deals on Bolts she'd always grab some for me free of charge. The Holy Bolt is the last bolt from the last stack of bolts she gave me before they quit. The RS chainmail is from her husband, who when he decided he was quiting, liquified his 40ish Sam gear and started giving stuff to all his friends. With him knowing I wasn't one to accept expensive things, he instead got me something cheap but useful for my then 40ish War.

A signed, NQ Bone Knife from a friend. Not really useful to me since I past the lvls I would need one, and had HQs anyway, but she was proud of it and it's special so I saved it.

A Rusty Bucket, as my first furnishing, an Ancient Blood as my first really unique funishing from a quest reward and an Autumns End painting, given to me by an ex-GF, who I'm still friends with now, for Valentines day a few years back. She wanted to give me something special and knew I liked all things Bastok so this is what she got. Despite being so tiny, this thing will never leave my wall.

A Cheese Sandwhich from the same girl as a "prize" from a pool she ran with the LS taking bets as to how many times she would Aggro Jormungand while running through Uleguerand while soloing bombs on Smn. I said zero with two other friends and we ended up winning. I told her I would eat it...but I just didn't have the heart to yet.

Stuff that never leaves my inven:

Bastok Ring, Bastok Mantle, Republic Stables Medal (from the first event it came from with 1 charge left) and my Bonecrafting glasses. All of which get worn when I'm not doing anything serious. Also have a Repub staff, but it's bazaard and only comes out when I need it. Like I said, I like Bastok.

Warder Liberator and Bubbly Bernie Bazaared soul plates. The Warder Liberator is the Yag from the Crystal War event that occured before WotG came out and is a one time only mob. While everyone "oohs" and "ahhs" over AV and Odin soul plates, I have one that no one else will ever have. Anyone can take pics of AV, lets see you go back in time to take a pic of the Warder! And Bernie's pic came from a long running LS joke. When Pankemon first came out, everyone was talking about taking a pic of the strongest most powerful mob ever, dragons, rams, wyverns and the like. Me, I knew where the real strongest mob in the game was, Bubbly Bernie! There were all awed by it's awesomeness, but I have yet to unleash his deadly potential into the Pankemon ring because it just wouldn't be fair.

My War and Thf lvl 50 JSE rings, in my Bazaar. I used to only bazaar one and wear the other during downtime...but I got lazy. Ever since I started this game, I have been hoping back and forth between the two jobs, getting one up, then surpassing it with the other. I started as a War, got to 7 changed to Thf, got to 16, went to War and so on. Every major milestone level, 30, 50, 75 etc, I would reach it on one, and then get the other up to match. Even now they have a fairly even distribution of merits, as both are pretty much taking the same paths. Of all the jobs in the game, these will always be my two "mains" and most favored jobs.

And finally, my most important, rare and pointless keepsake, the bazaared tail of Leaping Lizzy. I was a 31 thf at the time, and I spent many a days camping her. But until that time I hadn't so much as seen her spawn, let alone gotten claim. But now I had a new "secret" weapon, a brand new, freshly unlocked, lvl 1 Rng sub. I would perch myself on a nice tall rock, spam WS and with my finger over flee I was ready to chase her down. One day, as I'm spamming my /map macro and watching the WS list playing tricks with my mind (as it does to anyone who's camped NMs with /Rng) I finally saw her name show up. I hit flee, ran down to her, got the claim and killed her easily. But all she dropped was a single tail. At that point I vowed to keep, stack and display these tails I'd get from her in my Bazaar until she actually gave up her boots. I returned to my hill, and though much less frequently now, kept checking my WS. When not 15 minutes later, her name showed up again. Kinda surprised, I hit flee again, got right on top of her, spamming my steal macro to get her attention and once again got claim. Only this time when I killed her, the bitch put out. Going 1/2 on Leapers, within 20 minutes no less, I decided to keep the tail in my Bazaar...for luck.

I'm sure I have more stuff around, but these are the important bits.

Long post is long

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4