BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Amusing Items/Pointless keepsakes

For a day or two, I had been trying to skill up cooking solely to make a Cheese Sandwich +1. After just two tries, behold, divine guidance struck me as I made this most holy of breaded meals. The item description alone is worth it. Does anyone else have any items they synthed just to have? I figure crafting was the right place to ask, because I know people who can't craft without their lucky pixie remains in there inventory.

Anything else really funny?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Fighting Motherfucking Fish Tank

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That reminds me, I keep forgetting to get my linkshell's bonecrafter to synth me a Scapegoat

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I desynthed a Goblin Wheel one day for shits n giggles and HQed it and got 4 Ca Cuongs out of it. I made a few more and sent em to my LS mates. The name alone sounds bad ass....Ca Cuong....some Grauberg insect.

I have a leather bandanna +1 and silver hairpin +1, both of which were T0 synths.

I keep them around to remind me that anything's possible. At least if it's a head piece.

Griselda

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...lda/Humpty.jpg

Awesome description and image but I'm still a little sad it's just a 3 hour food.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

When I get slime oil or Goblin grease in Dynamis, I hold onto it. When I have both, I talk to an alchemist friend. I now have four flasks of Marksman's Oil that I keep around when I'm on RNG. I dunno why, it just appeals to me.

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

I like to hq and keep some interesting foods.

The text on Zesty Zoni and Bison Jerky are some of my favorites.

Bison Jerky is a play on California's cheese commercials.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I still have my first NM items I bought (by farming silk threads in 2003......), 1 Mist Silk Cape and 1 Fungus Hat.

I run around with my Pitchfork +1 a lot, even though I've got zero Polearm skill as MNK.

I also love the Mola Mola, for no reason other than the name.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The sole reason that I decided to level bonecraft was to sign myself a full set of HQ DRG JSE.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I still have the 5 torama jerkins I made will skilling leather even though they serve no purpose. Before I got decent gear on RDM I used to walk around in most of the T0s I made while skilling - torama jerkin, torama mantle, feral gloves, etc - for shits and giggles.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Someone quit the game with my first ever HQ item when I let them borrow it

It was a Flame Sword, I farmed the fuck out of Ghelsba Outpost orcs for 3 straight days for it.

http://images.wikia.com/ffxi/images/b/be/Clipeus.jpg
    First ever NM drop I've ever gotten in FFXI. Buddy and I ran from Bastok to Sandy to do some missions at like level 14ish and was also the first NM I'd ever seen as well. It's not the greatest shield in the world but I don't think I'll ever drop it.

i had a desert mantle +1 for the longest time on quiz.. made it while skilling up in 2003, and kept it just for fun. I also made my wife aristocrat's pumps just to complete her set. Both totally pointless items.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We have one Japanese guy in our shell who is super nice, but rarely says anything. One day long ago he sent me a signed Wolf Gorget +1 for no reason; apparently a pun of sorts on my name.

I LOVE YOU TOO SHINTAROU

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dream hat +1. Never ever leaves my inventory, and I rarely use it for cookies. I just love how it looks :D

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://images.wikia.com/ffxi/images/...onaraPlus1.JPG

has been in my bazaar for, dunno, since early 2007? Love the description for it. Also had a Bone Patas a friend signed for me before she quit in 2006, but removed that when she reactivated her account a year later.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba View Post
    I farmed worms outside of Bastok for crystals until I could buy my Kingdom Tunic. I still have the thing.. and use it on Scholar.

I have a *ton* of pointless keepsakes. Lots of signed items from friends who quit a while ago, etc.

i think one of my best is my Fomor Tunic on Elph tho. I take it off the mannequin sometimes and wear it places. and get a LOT of stares.
    I've got a lot of the top end RDM gear. (just missing salvage stuff and a -1 hat), and I still use a NQ light staff signed by an old WW friend of mine who quit... 2? years ago.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Way way back before they added the ability to make molvapolos water, I remember buying up a bunch the 1 remote time someone owned the region. I then proceeded to craft&sign ~4 Tarutaru Fish & Chips for a few friends... <3 the description

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast