BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ninja and subtle blow     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ninja and subtle blow

Failwiki says nin gets level V subtle blow. It also says that each level is 5% and the cap is 50%. This gives nin a base of 25% subtle blow. Nin teir I subtle blow merits say "increase the effect by 1" Is this a 5% increase each level meaning you're capped with 5/5 merits? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayn View Post
    Failwiki says nin gets level V subtle blow. It also says that each level is 5% and the cap is 50%. This gives nin a base of 25% subtle blow. Nin teir I subtle blow merits say "increase the effect by 1" Is this a 5% increase each level meaning you're capped with 5/5 merits? thanks
    Most likely 1% like it is for all other things.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You will have an innate total of 30% Subtle Blow as 75 NIN with capped Subtle Blow merits ... you would need gear to reach the cap of 50% with each "+1" equating to 1%.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Cripes, and here I thought every Subtle Blow merit = 5% Subtle Blow. Was this tested, or are we just speculating based on SE's cruelty?

Every subtle blow merit is ONE subtle blow. Why you'd think it is 5 is beyond me, and it's still one of the better group 1 merits across all jobs at 1 per merit >_>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I actually thought that it'd grant another level of Subtle Blow, so merits would equate to Subtle Blow VI, Subtle Blow VII, and so on.

Oh wow, with that logic Warrior could merit Double attack and have 60% base proc without any gear.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Not really. The text on the WAR's Double Attack category specifically says "+1% per upgrade," hence there is no confusion over what the WAR is receiving once a merit into Double Attack is chosen.

On the other hand, the text on the Ninja's Subtle Blow says "+1 per upgrade." If it said "+1% per upgrade," then there would be no confusion, but because it says "+1," it can go one of two ways: "+1% subtle blow" or "+1 category of subtle blow." (Since each category of Subtle Blow reduces enemy TP gain by 5%, this is the point where I thought every point of subtle blow would equal another 5% reduction.) Thus, the bonuses to subtle blow are muddied by a lack of clarity on the part of the text. The lack of clarity inevitably invites some sort of misreading, thus there is no faulty logic at work here that can be totally blamed on the reader.

This is about as confusing as any piece of DRG equipment that says "Enhances Jump Effects." The reader knows there is a benefit of some sort, but has no idea what the nature of the benefit might be, or how it the benefit (if any) can be measured.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well, in defense of Kabbalah, Subtle Blow isn't nearly as useful as Double Attack, so it wouldn't be gamebreaking if they gave you a shitload of it.

Rajas ring reads Subtle Blow+5 and Store TP+5. Did you assume that gives 25% faster tp gained and less given to the mob?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

^This forum isn't for being nasty, he gets the point.