Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The new reality of Relic Weapons

So lets analyze what is coming with the next big update:

Dynamis prices will be cut by 50% effectively making Dynamis now only worth 500,000 Gil to get a Linkshell in. There is a slight probability (As Lordwafik mentioned) of a update to Dynamis to make it more like an instance (Not likely but we'll see.)

With this comes the question, how real is it going to be soon for more common folk to upgrade relics? While some other people may focus on going for Nyzul Relics most will likely go on and try to upgrade a Dynamis Relic it seems.

With this of course comes the counter-productive More linkshells forming up for Dynamis. If dynamis does not get Instanced then we can see much more drama and fights or zones and stuff.

So whats everyones opinion on this? Good? Bad? Something else?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Eh, I don't think it will be as bad as people fear. I can see some douchebags taking very very lowman groups in more frequently, effectively shutting out whole shells, so instancing it would be ideal, but I agree it's not likely.

People were pondering prices, though, which on my server has remained for the most part unchanged with the news, and even gone up just a smidge. The supply of currency might be greater, but I do believe the demand will also go up, so I don't expect there to be any massive changes. I should add that I'm on a server with very little congestion for the zones, though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis G View Post
    So lets analyze what is coming with the next big update:

Dynamis prices will be cut by 50% effectively making Dynamis now only worth 500,000 Gil to get a Linkshell in. There is a slight probability (As Lordwafik mentioned) of a update to Dynamis to make it more like an instance (Not likely but we'll see.)

With this comes the question, how real is it going to be soon for more common folk to upgrade relics? While some other people may focus on going for Nyzul Relics most will likely go on and try to upgrade a Dynamis Relic it seems.

With this of course comes the counter-productive More linkshells forming up for Dynamis. If dynamis does not get Instanced then we can see much more drama and fights or zones and stuff.

So whats everyones opinion on this? Good? Bad? Something else?

prices will probably stabilize around 75-80% of original cost, assuming that demand rises as much as everyone is expecting.

lower price will cause relics to be completed slightly faster (Depending primarily on how many more shells start going) but it won't be twice as fast in all likelihood.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Currency will stay relatively high due to an increase in demand. However people creating their own LS's to fund relics for hella cheap should be a lot more common now.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My predictions:

Assuming none instanced, and just prices being halved:

Demand might go up, but prices will stay the same if not higher.
    Dependant on times and due to how (usually) Dynamis needs to be done in large groups for it to be somewhat effective, there isn't going to be that much more currency circulating around than how it already circulates. Might be a few odd groups deciding to low man it, potentially cockblocking full LSes, but I'm sure they'll grow out of it quick.

tl:dr version: I predict nothing much will change, if any. Your average Joe will not be able to get a relic that much easier.

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Unless Dynamis is instanced, I can't imagine you will see a much higher influx of currency, last time I did Dynamis, we were still getting bumped zones for being a late entering LS. Cheaper fee doesn't change much when the zones are booking solid anyway.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Arguements:

A) I think a lot of people feel City runs as hard work. I dont think the currency price is just "to compensate the entry fee". I also think it contains a fee for the people spending 3+ hours in there.

B) The total currency on a server avaiable will not rise significantly. It even has a chance to fall because people are encouraged now to do more things like CoP for 500k

C) People are rich and stupid. Many people going for a rellic have a way to make easy money.It wont matter to them if a single currency is 5000 gil or 9000gil - as long as they can get the currency fast.

Im going with the 75-80% of currenc price theory, too.

At first the price of currency will probably go up--any normal dude with 10mil on him will realize he can sponsor OMG 20 dynamis runs with his gil now, and will go get stage 3 and soon realize that he wasted his gil on it because relics are still going to cost him 80mil.

As for an influx in coins, how? 500k glasses don't mean you can do dynamis MORE, it means you'll save money by doing dynamis. Which I think will also tie into the price going up, people currently upgrading will realize they're saving X amount of gil, and can use the excess on coins.

I think people on this thread are ignoring the main reason prices are going to go up.

Because -most- people don't care about a relic weapon. They want their relic armor. Drop rates going up, glass cost going down, and new jobs getting relic will cause more people to do dynamis. Current Shells will get larger (or, they may start splitting, as people do with Limbus and Salvage already...which indeed will be more dynamis being done) which means more currency will drop in a run. New shells will spring up, thinking they don't have to recover as much in currency to get chances at rdm hats, blu bodies, pld bodies, and cor hats.

Each character will not be running more Dynamis, you're right, but more characters will go through dynamis on a weekly basis. This will result in more currency drops.

Furthermore, even if more people do go for relics...when they suddenly can get X currency for 500k doing the dynamis they are already doing to get their shell relic, why would they want to pay the old inflated price? You can say the price doesn't matter to them, but I guarantee you that you are wrong in many situations. There may be a few people that are willing to pay any price whenever they see that currency, but if people would pay any price, then the current prices would be constantly going up. If they aren't currently rising on your server, then chances are people will not pay any price, and when the cost to obtain it drops, so will the price people are willing to pay.

I don't know how low they will drop, but I think there is no way in hell at all that they will not drop. It may take a while, but the economy will re stabilize at a lower # at some point.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I agree with like 75-80% approximation; and TheStig's sig is fantastic, very nostalgic.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Unless you do a relic yourself you won´t have an insight on all the relic buisness.

There really are some very desperate people and LSes out there. Here we have LS mules buying Msilver at like 180k over the price other people pay. There are rich people whose biggest worry is to actually find currency than the price for it.

We had this JP Taru on Carbuncle camp out NA Dynamis Sandorias and then buy out all the currency at 1k more than the going rate. Money ment nothing to him. As long at people like that exist - and they always will - currency will have a hard time to fall.

assburgers
    BG Level

Ojaru?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Daba with his Gugnir

He had some shady stuff going on. Collected currency with a mule char named "Usg". 2chan rumours said he let a caracter of himself get fake hacked by a friend and then get restored by SE similar to the Sash case. Rumours said he had speedbelt, novio, gaiters and ancient torque duplicated to raise the gil for his relic.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Daba with his Gugnir

He had some shady stuff going on. Collected currency with a mule char named "Usg". 2chan rumours said he let a caracter of himself get fake hacked by a friend and then get restored by SE similar to the Sash case. Rumours said he had speedbelt, novio, gaiters and ancient torque duplicated to raise the gil for his relic.
    I wondered why more people are not exploiting this tbh.

I don't think there will be actually more supply of coins. If more people come to dynamis they'll join existing shells. And a few recruits won't increase the drops that much, since with a group of 20-25 average player you can clear almost all if not all of cities. Now since the cost of the hourglass is cut by half, this also means that more shells will do dreamlands, so less coins. As others said, lowering the price means more people will want to sponsor so more demand. Also this could give idea to small groups to farm zones like xarcapard so people leaving established shell to join small groups focusing on what they need. In the end the price might go up instead.

100 bynes 250k M silvers 500k l jadeshells 400k.

Quote Originally Posted by Veli View Post
    One can only hope......

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

75%-80% the first 3 months
    then
    stabilize at 50% .

Banned.

BG Level

how so?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Veli View Post
    i dont think it'll fluctuate this much, lol. Im sure there might be a slight decrease, but that's about it. On garuda, I'm sure there will just be more of an availability and i don't think it's going to be an under-cutting type race on who sells who's faster. Everyone these days are upgrading. But eh, you never know @_@.