Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skilling up in campaign     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Atlasion

Skilling up in campaign

Does anyone have much info on this?

I've been exping my NIN (lvl 65 now) using solely Campaign for a few weeks now so my ninjitsu and katana skills are a few lvls undercapped. I know that you can get skill ups by attacking mobs without tags on. What does it cap at and how does it compare to skilling up in beseiged?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Search function is your friend, anyways, skilling in campaign is nowhere close to besieged.
    Mobs and Fortifications are level 50-55, so you can skill up only up to that level, where besieged mob can give you skillup all the way to 276 (A+).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

As a NIN, though, it might just be safer to skill-up the good old-fashioned way: crabs.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Does anyone know why you're not allowed to skillup in Campaign? I would have thought it would make it more popular, and it's not like it would break the game or anything.

God knows it would beat the crab-related Kuftal/Tree yawnfest that skilling a weapon normally entails.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I don't know why either, and it's really annoyed me because I've been trying to skill up Great Axe all week on Fortifications. It would be sweet to get some EXP for all this too.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People already are gimp as hell in campaign, don't need polearm sams and other shitty combinations making it any worse. Plus it would completely obsolete parties, and SE would never do that.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I've always figured it was to encourage people to use their main weapon.

I've always felt they should at least let you skillup the defensive combat skills in Campaign. Would be all the more incentive for people to do it, and wouldn't really have a harmful effect of the course of battle (excepting the people who drag off mobs and hide them away from everyone, but they do that anyway).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by arshesney View Post
    Search function is your friend, anyways, skilling in campaign is nowhere close to besieged.
    Mobs and Fortifications are level 50-55, so you can skill up only up to that level, where besieged mob can give you skillup all the way to 276 (A+).
    This is wrong, I got Guillotine in Campaign, after using Great Axe since level 24.

Fortifications do cap at Lv50 though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Eh, I'd do Campaign if I could skill up while getting some xp/meripo, the idea of killing two birds with one stone and so on is kind of attractive.

But since I can't do that, I'll just skill up on flamingos as a BST in Sky, while Bastok [S] gets overrun (again) due to lack of participants, lol.

Atlasion

I do agree with not being able to skill up whilst wearing tags in Campaign, but it would be nice to be able to skill up better without tags on. Its not too much of a problem though. I just get an exp party every 2 lvls or so and cap Katana.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

A while ago when I was trying to skill up my Archery on SAM, lurked around Rolanberry (S) and sniped campaign Quadav's (not the bosses) without tags. Went from around 130 to 205~ before the points started to decay towards no new points, had a few deaths along the way but it was generally easy to accomplish. I'm betting I could effectively cap my Archery from sniping any campaign bosses but that leaves the window open for rape when hate is lost from those attacking it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    People already are gimp as hell in campaign, don't need polearm sams and other shitty combinations making it any worse. Plus it would completely obsolete parties, and SE would never do that.
    I know it's off topic, but gimped polearm sam is really not too bad after 100+. We had a 22k xp/hours party the other days, and none of us had spear above 200 (which is pretty low for collibri)

But in overall, i agree. Seeing useless people in campaign piss me off.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ok, I've been skilling up in campaign on SAM. I have got Polearm and Archery to 223, and 215 respectively on Normal Campaign mobs, which the cap for both @70. After ~200 arrows, and about the same number of swings with the polearm I haven't gotten single .1 on a normal mob. Has anyone else experienced this, or have I hit that beautiful limbo that is a skill up plateau? It just seems too big of a coincidence that BOTH of stalled at the exact cap for 70.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Wenslydale View Post
    Ok, I've been skilling up in campaign on SAM. I have got Polearm and Archery to 223, and 215 respectively on Normal Campaign mobs, which the cap for both @70. After ~200 arrows, and about the same number of swings with the polearm I haven't gotten single .1 on a normal mob. Has anyone else experienced this, or have I hit that beautiful limbo that is a skill up plateau? It just seems too big of a coincidence that BOTH of stalled at the exact cap for 70.
    It means you've discovered the level of these monsters, congrats. Wait for higher level campaigns now to open up in Bea/Xarc/Throne room