Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Game Review Wars! This shit is gangsta!

I didn't see any posts in regards to this in the Too Human thread or anywhere else in General Chat sooo...

Kevin Pereira (G4TV AotS Host) rants about the misleading Too Human reviews (the bad ones) mostly from Gamespot.
    http://www.planetxbox360.com/article...ternet_Fanboys

Jeff Gertsmann's (Gamespot editor) reply to the rant. lol Is that Silent Bob in the back?!
    http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News...?CT=1#Comments

I dislike the way that Kevin conducted himself in regards to the reviews. It seems unprofessional and uncalled for. Not saying Jeff did any better buuuut stupid actions deserve stupid reactions no? I personally think G4TV has gotten very pro-MS (they are partnering up now btw) lately, but thats another story.

Anyways, discuss!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

wouldn't this belong in the RPG section under the Too Human thread? Its amusing but there is already a Too human topic

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

While you do have a point, I didnt want to hijack that thread. Some of the people posting there seem to be enjoying the game. Besides this pertains more to these game review battles that have been going on lately, not just with Too Human (it just so happened to be the most recent game to have so much drama). Remember when XPlay gave Crisis Core a 2/5?

Sorry for the new thread though. ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    While you do have a point, I didnt want to hijack that thread. Some of the people posting there seem to be enjoying the game. Besides this pertains more to these game review battles that have been going on lately, not just with Too Human (it just so happened to be the most recent game to have so much drama). Remember when XPlay gave Crisis Core a 2/5?

Sorry for the new thread though. ;(
    People watch X-play?

There seems to be alot of controversy surrounding this game...first Dennis Dyack attacks NeoGAF because a few posters bashed the game, then the owner of NeoGAF banned Dyack, and now this crap.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Remember when XPlay gave Crisis Core a 2/5?
    Remember when Crisis Core was a good game once you got past the fan service and shiny presentation?

I don't.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

My question is, why does Gerstmann care what anybody else says about Gamespot, he doesn't work for them anymore, nor did he write their review.

Pereira's beef is with Gamespot's inconsistency; their narrative description of the game's good and bad makes it sound a lot better than Operation Darkness and Kung Fu Panda, yet they scored it lower than both of them.

I don't know what the fuck Gerstmann is even going on about, lol. But I really just don't like him so that probably has something to do with it.

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I have to wonder what makes Pereira so interested in defending this particular game. He admits to the game being very glitchy and several other negatives yet says the reviews are unfair because the game is fun....wow, that's never been the case before with any other game ever made. I have a feeling that Pereira may have had some serious fascination with Too Human before it came out and he may even have some affiliation with Silicon Knights or the game itself and felt butt hurt when it didn't get 9's across the board. Boo-fucking-hoo.

EDIT: What the hell, I did not expect Official Xbox Magazine to give the game a 65/100.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Pyro, is there anything Pereira said that was particularly wrong? Gamespot is stupid for giving Kung Fu Panda a better score.

Just because he chose to make a video about it doesn't mean he's working for the damn company lol. God forbid anyone in the media actually *like* a game they play!

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Gerstmann is basically mocking the 'beef' that Kevin P presents in such away that t's a mere tan and a sideways glance away from a Chad Warden presentation. It's self-satire as well, because as the ability to put video of yourself on the internet gets easier and easier anybody who doesn't show any amount of humility can go on for as few as 5 seconds before they've fully crossed over into turbo-charged greasy-headed douchebaggery.

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Pyro, is there anything Pereira said that was particularly wrong? Gamespot is stupid for giving Kung Fu Panda a better score.

Just because he chose to make a video about it doesn't mean he's working for the damn company lol. God forbid anyone in the media actually *like* a game they play!
    I'm not saying that anything he said was wrong. I'm saying that if he feels the need to get up in arms about this one game then why hasn't he done so in the past with other games that follow the same pattern that he described about Too Human. I've never really been into RPGs but I am a fan of the God of War type gameplay and this looks like it is sort of similar. I think most of this stems from Dyack running his mouth off on NeoGAF.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Gerstmann is basically mocking the 'beef' that Kevin P presents in such away that t's a mere tan and a sideways glance away from a Chad Warden presentation. It's self-satire as well, because as the ability to put video of yourself on the internet gets easier and easier anybody who doesn't show any amount of humility can go on for as few as 5 seconds before they've fully crossed over into turbo-charged greasy-headed douchebaggery.
    So wait, you're saying Gerstmann hasn't crossed that line?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Of course he has. But his purpose in this latest vid is to show that the rest of them have done the same, but probably don't realize it yet.

there are no lines anymore straight, gay, its all the same

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Gerstmann made me laugh, that's really all that matters.

Black Belt
    BG Level

You know, it might not be too incredulous for Kung-Fu Panda to score higher than Too Human, assuming KFP wasn't riddled with severe flaws like Pereira describes are in Too Human. I haven't played either game, just feel like pointing out that it's not necessarily an inconsistency depending on your review criteria.

Take Assassin's Creed for example- another hyped up game that came out to poor reviews. Why did it review poorly? It certainly wasn't for the graphics, or the controls, or the sound work, or the gameplay concepts, or even the general narrative. It just had some really obvious, rather heavy flaws- the ending was a cheesy bridge, the missions got to generally be repetitive, and some things just felt unfinished, like the Flags that didn't give you shit for collecting 100s of them (aside from achievements on XBL, whoopdefuck).

However, I like AC, and I'm fairly certain a lot of people overall had an enjoyable experience with it. I thought combat was fun and had some cool nuance, the whole freerunning/climbing thing was neat, and the story/environment was well done (...aside from cheeseball ending crap). But it doesn't warrant a great review because of the flaws, even compared to a title with maybe less fun gameplay experience but was entirely polished and complete.

but who knows, KFP could suck balls and it's not like gamespot has had review controversy before in terms of publisher influence. game media has been going downhill for quite some time, in a way that somewhat corresponds to gamings increased mainstream popularity and financial success.