+ Reply to Thread

When real life needs a reset button

What happens when you try to act out a video game in real life?

Sadly, this idiot will only help to further peoples' beliefs that video games mess people up.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4063846

High-speed chase and crash caught on tape
    August 20th, 2008 @ 11:12pm
    By Marc Giauque and Sandra Yi

A high-speed chase involving a bullet bike ended in a fiery crash on Monday, and it was all caught on tape.

A trooper noticed the speeding bullet bike on I-15 in Davis County. The biker, going more than 100 miles an hour, managed to outrun troopers until he got to Corinne, which is 60 miles north of Salt Lake.

UHP trooper Cameron Roden said, "Our cars can travel pretty fast, but he was definitely exceeding what our speeds are."

But the chase ended when the guy on the bike lost control. The bike ended up underneath a green Ford Expedition and then burst into flames.

In the video of the chase and wreck, the female passenger can be seen running back to the vehicle to get her child. She carries the child to safety, then goes back for her second child. Meanwhile, the deputy goes to help the male driver.

Troopers say before the crash, the driver of the SUV tried to avoid the bullet bike a couple of times, as it weaved in and out of traffic and almost hit another car. "They're lucky that they were all conscious and were able to get out in time before the vehicle was fully engulfed in flames," Roden said.

As for the biker, he tried to run away, but troopers found him 1,000 yards away with road rash. The man gave police a fake name, but he's been identified as 27-year-old Daniel Savino.

As for motive, Savino told troopers this was his own video game adventure. "I don't know whether he was trying to act out a scene in a video game or what he was trying to do, but he said it always worked for him in video games," Roden said.

It didn't work out for him in real life. Troopers say he's lucky to be alive, especially because he wasn't wearing a helmet or a shirt. Now Savino is facing some serious charges.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

People that own those bikes are just asking for death or serious injury IMO. I've never seen one going anywhere close to the speed limit and they are always weaving in and out of traffic.

I remember one story that just happened last year around here that needed a reset button more than the guy mentioned in the OP story does:

We have a highway intersection called the "High Five" with a bunch of on/off ramps that connect two major highways. Well a guy on one of those death traps was flying through traffic and 100+ mph easily and while traveling up one of the elevated on ramps, lost control, bike nose hit the side of the onramp and he went flying off, falling over 30+ feet to his death.

I'm pretty sure he was wanting a reset button during that fall...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

"I don't know whether he was trying to act out a scene in a video game or what he was trying to do, but he said it always worked for him in video games," Roden said.

This part made me lol.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

One of those kids is going to be fucked up, knowing they're the mom's second choice.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

in before jack thomspon's orgasm

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It didn't work out for him in real life. Troopers say he's lucky to be alive, especially because he wasn't wearing a helmet or a shirt.
    A shirt?? How is that going to protect him? >.>; Steel cotton ftw?

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Never heard of Road Rash?

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

He clearly wasn't trying to imitate Road Rash, I mean, he wasn't trying to punch other drivers or hit them with a bar

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

A t-shirt isn't going to stop a road rash. It might stop it for the initial few seconds, but that short would get shred to pieces in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalee View Post
    A t-shirt isn't going to stop a road rash. It might stop it for the initial few seconds, but that short would get shred to pieces in no time.
    road rash the video game you retard.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

<3 Road Rash

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Remyo View Post
    road rash the video game you retard.
    deejay was talking about actual road rash, think before you talk.

and az is right, a t-shirt is nothing when you're sliding accross pavement at 100mph.

even riding leather barely protects you when you're going that fast

Quote Originally Posted by Bartylby View Post
    deejay was talking about actual road rash, think before you talk.

and az is right, a t-shirt is nothing when you're sliding accross pavement at 100mph.

even riding leather barely protects you when you're going that fast
    a t-shirt is nothing at 10 mph.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

dont turn this shit around on me when clearly you didnt read, we're talking about what happened in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    One of those kids is going to be fucked up, knowing they're the mom's second choice.
    Made me lol way more than it should.

"Mommy, why was I second?"
    "Well honey, mommy didn't love you that day. Clean your room and maybe mommy will save you next time."

Quote Originally Posted by Bartylby View Post
    dont turn this shit around on me when clearly you didnt read, we're talking about what happened in this case.
    wtf are you talking about?

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I guess my post made things confusing. I thought Dee Jay was talking about the videogame, not actual Road Rash, lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The article said they found him with road rash. I highly doubt he was running away carrying the video game in his hands.

No idea how he didn't die from that.

I thought the game too since the topic is about a biker doing a video game fantasy plus the fact a shirt is no protection against actual road rash.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Oh god I lol'd hard, I'm gonna burn