Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storms of Fate setup.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HEY FUCK YOU BUDDY
    BG Level

Storms of Fate setup.

I've finally just completed ZM and CoP last night. (Saved the world twice in a single day, I think they owe me more then a Sattva.) Gonna do Storms of Fate soon so we can move on to Apoc Nigh and then Baha v2, hopefully. I know how Storms of Fate works in principle, but I don't have a clue in practice. What's an appropriate alliance setup for it? A good number of LS people need it, so I've got access to mostly anything job-wise, and we're all geared appropriately for beginning-mid endgame, some better then that.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When we did, I think we overprepared for it. A Simple zerg (with or without bards) set up will have it dead in two or three mins.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

he's a major push over. I really think a solid pt of 6 could do it. With 18 it's lol. Just don't feed him too much TP, be ready for flares, and face him away from the mages. Hardest part will be getting 18 people there without agroing the zone.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

what they said, but just have your ls member who need get the CS in jeuno after ._.;

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreguh View Post
    he's a major push over. I really think a solid pt of 6 could do it. With 18 it's lol. Just don't feed him too much TP, be ready for flares, and face him away from the mages. Hardest part will be getting 18 people there without agroing the zone.
    http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/495...0145729mw8.jpg

Definitely doable with a party of 6, this was:
    Alethea(MNK)
    Nauq(BLM)

Me(RDM/NIN)
    My mule(BRD)
    Kaika(SAM)
    Fuujin(RDM)
    Mickie(BLM)
    Kroot(WHM)

As you can see, MP totals are all high.. there's no noticable damage on anyone besides fuujin(who i believe had just converted in that SS).. we finished in 20:51 so a winning setup with 6 would likely just remove the whm and a blm(melee damage did better than blm damage).

HEY FUCK YOU BUDDY
    BG Level

What setup you wearing to take 0 from Megaflare? 0 from Fire V's not too much of a stretch with a good Res/MDef build and Stoneskin, but not sure about the Megaflare.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Korremar View Post
    What setup you wearing to take 0 from Megaflare? 0 from Fire V's not too much of a stretch with a good Res/MDef build and Stoneskin, but not sure about the Megaflare.
    http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...age/flare2.jpg

Mine was a typical Fire Resist on PLD/NIN, the 0 was with Rampart and the rest were what I took on all the other Flares.

It's a very easy fight, just follow the advice given above and you'll have no problems at all.