Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira View Post
    I don't understand why people are bitching so much about this. You didn't have that much haste when you were that level originally, you didn't have that much hMP, or extra Refresh ticks, etc.

If you're that concerned about the hMP or something, and it's something you had *planned* on doing, then pull out some different gear. It's like I said, to be most efficient you will probably want to buy 3-5 pieces at your level cap, but you can just leave your regular higher level earrings/rings/back or something on. But at least you don't have to go deck out in 14+ level capped pieces now and kill your inventory space.
    With the inventory space people save on not needing capped gear, they can buy loads of my just made Yagudo Drinks!

Edit: Just thinking, and didn't want to make a new post. Everyone thinking you have to be wearing gear at the time of the Level Down to keep it on? I am kinda assuming there will be no "high level gear swaps" for some reason. The other issue this creates, is I could be a huge dick and wear the endgame gear ive been collecting for RDM even though it's only at 37. I just don't see SE letting that happen.

(Or maybe your real level has to be at least the level of the armor to equip it, reguardless of your current Level Down cap?)

Quote Originally Posted by Faithe View Post

But fuck, there goes colibri camp. Everyone and their mother above 60 will be crashing there.
    I'm not sure you quite understand.

?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm speechless, this is fucking awesome.

Honestly didn't see it coming. No more "do u haef any job at dis levul range?"

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    At first I thought this would be amazing. Then I reread what the level capped equipment would be like..

No haste. No "mp recovered while healing", no set bonuses. Staves are made pretty much useless, same with resting in full yigit or.. any sort of resting gear. Sound's pretty terrible to me, since having a +int wand would be better then anything else. I don't understand why theyre completely getting rid of these, especially because it's a huge pain in the ass to rest for mp at lower levels.

I don't know though. It probably won't be too bad. SE is definatly on the right track with this.
    I was thinking along those lines also, but reconsidered. Think about it this way: At that level you wouldn't have that stuff anyway. LOL So it really wouldn't hurt you as much as you think. You might pick up a piece of gear here or there to replace something that wouldn't help because of level syncing, but thats about the only change it would cause.

The best thing to do if you don't want to give up stats on your gear, especially staves, is to just not go below 51. You aren't required to level cap at anything, so do what you like.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Faithe View Post
    This is pretty awesome. This isn't for level 75s though. How the hell is going to level down at 75 for a merit party?

This is awesome for everything else. Especially those annoying 71-75 level grind. My paladin is in that level and this is why I haven't picked it up.

But fuck, there goes colibri camp. Everyone and their mother above 60 will be crashing there.
    I always just make merit party setups for 70-75, makes it a little easier. You could always go PLD/NIN and do some beastly Vorpal Blades on stuff. :3

I also never thought about that, every Colibri Camp going to be mobbed from Merit to Wajoam. Eh I always liked Trolls for EXP personally, I don't see why so many hate them. Trolls need love too!

edit: And like every SE update, every teaser seems awesome and is promptly followed by how it actually works. So i guess it's a bit early to scrub it as bad, but it's not exactly breaking with tradition for SE to showcase something that looks good but ends up luke warm.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This news just made me so fucking happy.

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    (Or maybe your real level has to be at least the level of the armor to equip it, reguardless of your current Level Down cap?)

Yes, so no LV52 DRK is going to be able to EXP in their Homam they have for their DRG with a Level Synched PT.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Actually I have leveled a job in the last year with pick ups- Blue Mage. And the logistical nightmare of level capped BLU (spell lists, set points, etc) makes me very sad.

But anyway, maybe my Cassandra powers are kicking in here and causing my soot-colored glasses, but I don't see this as people around the same level but too far to XP wanting to XP, I am seeing the incredibly bad part of this. Low level players are going to demand that high levels with popular jobs (PLD, RDM, WHM, BRD, etc) drop what they are doing and level with them. (Just like when they do with missions, quests, level cap items, coffer keys.) Also, how long after this is implemented until some "super awesome veteran" tank offers his tanking services to low-level parties for money?
    Wait, so people act like turds and this makes the principle of the update crap?

Or are you just mad that people act like turds?

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

While I'm interested, this has the opportunity to go either horribly wrong or could be a very, very good thing.

And if it is the latter, to all those people in the Campaign thread who were justifying /BRD on the grounds that there were "not enough people": kindly go fuck yourselves with long, sharp objects.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Waste of effort. Good update, bad timing. This should have been how it worked from the beginning.
    You're right, they should have spent development time on this feature when finding people to party with wasn't a problem. It totally wouldn't have been wasted effort then. They're getting the most bang for their buck working on/releasing this now and you're making silly points about effort. There are so many potential future problems we could sit around and come up with, but implementing solutions for them before they're concrete would be wasted effort, no?

World of Fantasy XI incoming!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira View Post
    Yes, so no LV52 DRK is going to be able to EXP in their Homam they have for their DRG with a Level Synched PT.
    Dammit woman, you just ruined my unrealistic expectations!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

introducing the new level-sync MPK trick.

lv75 guy running toward camp for like lv 30 party, doesn't have to avoid aggro on the way, but PT leader caps the PT down while he's running in... causing him to aggro stuff and die...

lol..

anyway I think this level-sync will open up numerous lower level / small man group exp areas, the ones that were always viable before but you couldn't remain in since you leveled out of it.. but you can now go back to as long as 1 person is in the correct level.

alternatively, u can get people who will solo at camps they previous could, for exp or merits or something, by dualboxing/PTing with a leveled-in mule and allowing that mule to leech (with signet this also gives an exp bonus).. and if you want to keep at this, just delevel the mule accordingly and repeat.

Sagacious Sundi

The current plan is for other special properties (including Evasion, Enmity, enchantments and ability bonuses) to be negated entirely.
    They say "current". Maybe they're trying to find a way to scale down the other stuff? Like decrease activation rate on "Occasionally attacks X-Y times" stuff.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

In b4 new TP burn camps in the Dunes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

And if it is the latter, to all those people in the Campaign thread who were justifying /BRD on the grounds that there were "not enough people": kindly go fuck yourselves with long, sharp objects.
    Since when does anyone have to justify how they work the campaign system to you?

It's a fucked up system, just accept that instead of getting pissy that people aren't campaigning the way you want them to.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The thing I see as a potential problem/abuse is that you could really hang on preferred camps with this.

Don't look at it for meriting necessarily, look at it for the XP range to get there. There are always those ranges where you have a kickass camp/setup, and then the ones where you're kinda between them.

What we'll do soon is build a strong party or a static with 5 people, then invite a 6th at the ideal level for the camp we want. Don't want to have to move on from Lesser Colibri? Then don't. Invite someone lower level, pop leader on them, and keep on truckin'.

It solves some problems, and does open up some nice possibilities. Doesn't mean there isn't room for abuse.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Meriting on Altepa spiders w/ a PL?! Say what?? lawl!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Miji View Post
    You're right, they should have spent development time on this feature when finding people to party with wasn't a problem. It totally wouldn't have been wasted effort then. They're getting the most bang for their buck working on/releasing this now and you're making silly points about effort. There are so many potential future problems we could sit around and come up with, but implementing solutions for them before they're concrete would be wasted effort, no?
    That's what I was going to write.. The game is so end-game heavy now, that leveling from 1-75 is becoming more and more difficult in terms of finding members.. This will certainly adjust that problem.. Maybe they should of done this a year ago, but I fail to see why this would of been needed when the game came out, or even 4 years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Meriting on Altepa spiders w/ a PL?! Say what?? lawl!
    yeah lol

goblin pets are even more gold now than before... and a nerf must be incoming soon after the patch haha