Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

I'm impressed with this system, I was totally expecting them to pull some bulshit where higher level players would gain less exp (like what they usually do) but this is neat. Best part about all this is no more being the lowest level in a party and having to suck it up if you want experience, now you can just cap the whole party to the level of the lowest party member.

Not perfect since special effects of equipment are completely negated thus forcing you to buy at least some level capped gear, but I realize that adjusting all those special effects would be a lot of work.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Equipment
    As mentioned above, equipment will also be temporarily powered down to match the player's reduced level. Attributes that will be affected include: DMG, DEF, HP, MP, Status Effects, Accuracy+, Attack+, Ranged Accuracy+, Ranged Attack+, Magic Accuracy+, and Magic Attack+.
    * The current plan is for other special properties (including Evasion, Enmity, enchantments and ability bonuses) to be negated entirely.
    So this means that other than DMG, DEF, HP, MP, Status Effects, Accuracy+, Attack+, Ranged Accuracy+, Ranged Attack+, Magic Accuracy+, and Magic Attack+, all other things would be negated entirely when synced.

Which means people can't abuse Octave Club.

...I just broke dreams, didn't I?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm speechless. Something that's actually fucking good from SE.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Oh my fucking god. I can sell my level cap stuff now! Hooray for mog space!

Quote Originally Posted by Namy View Post
    gogo k.club DRK in CoP
    I'm sure the "Ocassionally attacks 2 to 8 times" trait would be removed.

And suddenly East Ronfaure S becomes the most crowded camp in the game pre-75.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

the haste on the askar isnt highlighted

needs more level 16 drk in korroloka with octave club at 25% gear haste

lurn2read

1) It says right there that Special stats and the like will be negated entirely. So no job eenhancing abilitys, no auto refresh, etc.

2) It also says that the stats of the higher level peices will be lowered to that of common items for that level. In other words, a person with level 75 gear capped to level 30 would be decently equipped, but a level 30 smn in seers would have superior stats.

3)It also also says (jeez, they spelled it out rather clearly -,- that NO ONE gets exp if the person who is the one everyone is capped down to is unable to get exp. In other words, if they are out of exp range, unconcious, not in the same area, or in some other way not able to get exp... no one who is level capped does.

I know its 3 AM or more in the morning for most, so I'll let it slide, but come on. =p

Hydra
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Wildhammer

This is potentially really fucking epic. I can't wait to see the outcome.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Holy shit, this means haste and stuff stays! (Unless they mean it's removed? Although, they didn't seem to state that for the Askar example.)

Hell, I wanna see a party of ridill wars at level 40. That would be a sight.

Edit: Only reason I said I think it stays is because they only listed some stats, so I guess I took that as "only these effects will be removed". Although, it probably is like others said, where all stats other than the ones listed to stay are removed.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    1. stats on the gear like refresh, pet/ability specific buffs, or gear with charges?
    it says they are negated

2. incentive to play with the proper level characters? why use that level 30 smn in seers, when you can use a level 75 scaled down with all his endgame gear?
    lower-level characters who have obtained special equipment via quests, notorious monsters, or HQ syntheses will still have the best gear available at their respective level
    plus, good luck convincing a 75 not in your LS to merit at 4k/hour

3. abuse to the system to stay at broken camps? keep a mule at the desired level range, cap everyone else and move the mule out of range... now you can grind indefinitely at the desired level.
    Good, maybe some of WoTG will actually get used now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

that's hot

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Holeeee shit

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This will own.

On the Couch
    BG Level

I wonder if this implies they are also going to change how we look for group and party members. For instance: if there are no tanks seeking 40-42, you could potentially invite any tank 43+ and let them scale down. Sure you could do it in today's system with /sea all nin inv level 43<75 or whatever, but then you'd have to pick through who would be willing to power down and who wouldn't.

I think there was an interview in the past few months saying they were going to update the looking for group system at some point, but I could be wrong. Please god, if they do, let us be able to lfg on more than just the job we're currently on!

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Waef View Post
    Holy shit, this means haste and stuff stays! (Unless they mean it's removed? Although, they didn't seem to state that for the Askar example.)

Hell, I wanna see a party of ridill wars at level 40. That would be a sight.
    * The current plan is for other special properties (including Evasion, Enmity, enchantments and ability bonuses) to be negated entirely.
    I think it's been said enough, haste and 2-3 hit sounds like that "Other special properties" they were talking about being "Negated".

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Loziel View Post
    Edit: i just realised this actually could fuck over the entire lower level equipment markets as those sales are gonna Slooooooooow down
    I guess this kills the Brigandine market and anyone who's trying to make a living off of RACC rings. Big deal. Does anyone actually try to make a living crafting anything that isn't endgame gear?

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    I think it's been said enough, haste and 2-3 hit sounds like that "Other special properties" they were talking about being "Negated".
    Yeah yeah, check my edit. Although, what do they mean by "Status Effects" on equipment?

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I'd like to see them try to downscale o.kote. Really looking forward to this.

EDIT: If "status effects" means things like refresh... NOT BROKEN.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

This may be the most game changing adjustment that has ever been added to the game.

Two-handed update? No, this is bigger.
    RNG nerf? No, this is bigger.

The only thing that is close to this one adjustment is the entire update with RMT-killing NM spawn items and dagger damage update.