Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

New Level Sync Feature to Change the Way You Party! (08/25/2008)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../3599/3599.jpg

The FFXI development team is proud to announce the "Level Sync" system, a revolutionary new feature in the upcoming version update that will allow all players—grizzled veterans and novices alike—to adventure and gain experience together regardless of level differences!

The Concept
    The development team has been listening intently to feedback from players, and working hard to address concerns such as the following:
    "I can't party effectively with my friends or linkshell members because our levels are too far apart!"
    "I invited one of my friends to play FFXI with me, but we can't party together because we don't have any jobs at similar levels!"
    "I can't find anyone close enough to my level to party with!"

The new Level Sync system is the result of extensive discussions on how to resolve these concerns, while preserving game balance and avoiding abuse and power-leveling by RMT groups. It addresses the issues that have resulted from a steady stream of new, low-level players joining an existing game world populated by scores of high-level veterans, and is part of the ongoing effort to clean up the FFXI community and remove players in violation of the users' agreement.

At the heart of the feature is the new ability for members of a party to "power down" to the level of a designated target player. Now friends will be able to adventure together and gain experience as if they were all the same level!

With the introduction of this system, there will also be major changes to the way equipment is handled in regard to level restrictions. Rather than automatically unequipping items if a player's level is reduced below the item's minimum level, the attributes of high-level equipment will be scaled down proportionally to the reduced level.
    This will apply not only to the Level Sync system, but to all level-restricted areas and missions. This means that players will now be able to participate in various battlefields, Assault missions, and Ballista, and also to adventure in level-capped areas such as Riverne without the hassle of having to switch equipment!

Read on for more details about how the Level Sync system will work, and examples of how equipment and experience-gaining will be affected.

How it Works
    When Level Sync is activated, the level of all party members will be temporarily reduced to that of a target player designated by the party leader. For as long as the Level Sync remains in effect, all party members – regardless of their original level – will be able to gain experience as if they were actually the lower, restricted level.

e.g. With a party containing characters of Levels 75, 48, 46, 30, 12, and 11:
    If the target character is Lv. 11, everyone will become Lv. 11.
    If the target character is Lv. 12, the Lv. 30-75 party members will become Lv. 12.
    (the Lv. 11 character will remain Lv. 11)
    * If the target character gains a level while Level Sync is in effect, the other characters' levels will automatically adjust to reflect the new target level.
    * Level Sync cannot be used in areas or events where a separate level restriction already applies.
    * The Level Sync settings are easily accessible from the main menu.

Three simple restrictions will be implemented to ensure that the Level Sync feature is not abused and does not provide an excessive advantage over traditional leveling.
    1)The minimum target level that can be synchronized to is Level 10.
    2)The party leader and target player must be located in the same area.
    3)There will be a buffer period of thirty seconds when deactivating Level Sync.

Gaining Experience
    When Level Sync is in effect, players will gain 100% of the experience and limit points possible to gain at their reduced level. Be aware, though, that no EXP will be gained if the target player is unconscious, removed from the party, too far away from the battle location, or otherwise unable to receive EXP at the time the monster is defeated.
    In addition, the amount of EXP lost when rendered unconscious will be calculated based upon the player's reduced level.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...599/3599_9.jpg

Equipment
    As mentioned above, equipment will also be temporarily powered down to match the player's reduced level. Attributes that will be affected include: DMG, DEF, HP, MP, Status Effects, Accuracy+, Attack+, Ranged Accuracy+, Ranged Attack+, Magic Accuracy+, and Magic Attack+.
    * The current plan is for other special properties (including Evasion, Enmity, enchantments and ability bonuses) to be negated entirely.

Ex. 1) Centurion's Sword (Lv. 30)
    DMG: 19 Delay: 225 Accuracy +3 Attack +4

Ex. 2) Askar Zucchetto (Lv. 75)
    DEF: 23 STR+4 DEX+4 VIT+4 Haste +4%
    Set: Max HP Boost

Ex. 3) Goliard Clogs (Lv. 75)
    DEF: 19 DEX+4 INT+4 MND+4 CHR+4 Evasion +5
    MP recovered while healing +3 Magic Accuracy +2

* The attributes in red will be scaled down relative to the player's level.

Also, low-level players need not be discouraged! Statistics on higher-level equipment (including HQ and rare items) being scaled down will be comparable to those of common items at the target level. This means that lower-level characters who have obtained special equipment via quests, notorious monsters, or HQ syntheses will still have the best gear available at their respective level!

There are still more exciting new changes that will be introduced, so keep an eye out for the full details to be posted on the day of the version update. Until then, happy adventuring!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...99/3599_12.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...99/detail.html

potentially incredible

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What the... hell?

Well damn, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Holy hell you're fast. This just loaded on my screen.

MaachaQ

I had a feeling this was coming, people have been asking for it ever since the Mandragora hat for Gold Pass was introduced, but that did nothing for your gear and the capped person got no exp.

Kick Ass, no question.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Can litterally duo all my jobs to 75/66 for my Maat's Cap nao, thanks SE.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

* Level Sync cannot be used in areas or events where a separate level restriction already applies.
    Yet the excalibur/aegis pld in promy. Hmm.

Will be odd for sure to see relic users exping in Cnest and the like, lol. Nice addition imo. Play with your friends on a job you love; dont have to waste gil buying lower level equip. Though could potentially hurt crafters in that reguard. Less people buying lower level equip, less demand. :/

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Better put all your level cap gear on AH now

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You mean I can go into lvl capped area without loading up on useless shit?! OMFG! GAME BREAKING!!

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Yet the excalibur/aegis pld in promy. Hmm.
    With the introduction of this system, there will also be major changes to the way equipment is handled in regard to level restrictions. Rather than automatically unequipping items if a player's level is reduced below the item's minimum level, the attributes of high-level equipment will be scaled down proportionally to the reduced level.
    This will apply not only to the Level Sync system, but to all level-restricted areas and missions. This means that players will now be able to participate in various battlefields, Assault missions, and Ballista, and also to adventure in level-capped areas such as Riverne without the hassle of having to switch equipment!

f

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Ah, missed that part. I blame it being 3am!

Guess this should put to rest the old "ps2 limitation" excuse now, eh? Seems this system would be alot to download.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Square Enix, 2005 called and ... oh fuck it, all I can say is whooooooohooo, the sheer number of camps this opens is infuckingcredible.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Epic +1

HOLY ASS FUCK SHIT.

This is the future people. And I fucking can't wait.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Totally makes up for the complete lack of any update at all last week.
    Totally.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

gogo k.club DRK in CoP

shit, this is absurd, and potentially game breaking.

what about...
    1. stats on the gear like refresh, pet/ability specific buffs, or gear with charges?

2. incentive to play with the proper level characters? why use that level 30 smn in seers, when you can use a level 75 scaled down with all his endgame gear?

3. abuse to the system to stay at broken camps? keep a mule at the desired level range, cap everyone else and move the mule out of range... now you can grind indefinitely at the desired level.

From this it seems that it will be able to wear any gear available to that job while levelling up. This seems incredible

I have my Drg Decked with Homam Askar and shortly Ares Body. I have been thinking of levelling Pld because I know it will be nicely geared when i hit 75, am i right in thinking i could potentially use ALL of that stuff the whole way? if so that is sex

Edit: i just realised this actually could fuck over the entire lower level equipment markets as those sales are gonna Slooooooooow down

Quote Originally Posted by Loziel View Post
    From this it seems that it will be able to wear any gear available to that job while levelling up. This seems incredible

I have my Drg Decked with Homam Askar and shortly Ares Body. I have been thinking of levelling Pld because I know it will be nicely geared when i hit 75, am i right in thinking i could potentially use ALL of that stuff the whole way? if so that is sex
    no, its only for the job as its level is reduced, so your pld will need apropriate level gear.

MaachaQ

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    shit, this is absurd, and potentially game breaking.

what about...
    1. stats on the gear like refresh, pet/ability specific buffs, or gear with charges?

2. incentive to play with the proper level characters? why use that level 30 smn in seers, when you can use a level 75 scaled down with all his endgame gear?

3. abuse to the system to stay at broken camps? keep a mule at the desired level range, cap everyone else and move the mule out of range... now you can grind indefinitely at the desired level.
    It says stats like Refresh and Ability buffs will be removed totally. It also says that if you have proper gear for the lvl it will be better than the scaled down gear.

about the mule thing, i'm not sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast