• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Firefox and NoScript, Newb Question. (Feel free to rename/move)

Okay, not sure where to post this, but I just started using Firefox for my own reasons, basically, though, I have a question. I'm using NoScript like I should be, but when I go to GM Dave's blog, I get one of those little "Ohi, we blocked an iframe" thingies, and now I'm not sure if there was always an iframe there, or if there's some broken shit happening on his blog.

Could someone who has been there recently let me know if there's usually an iframe in the upper left corner (which is where the little blocky icon is)? Cause if that's not really supposed to be there then ... we might maybe have us an issue on that page.

Like I said, total Firefox newb here so I just don't know what's up, but thought I'd bring that to the attention of some people who could help answer that. Thanks.

(I do understand that NS has done what I told it to, so that's good, but still seems good if there's another exploit out there that people should know.)

It's good that you blocked iframes. If I remember right it's not blocked by default.

Not all iframes are bad, however. This one is from blogger.com, which isn't very suspicious to me. I allowed the iframe and it was just some search bar and links to next blog.

Generally, if I knew what the website was, I'd allow them. If I'm not sure what it is, I don't allow it or I use my old PC to look at it. Obvious traps (play0nline.com, p1ayon1ine.com, etc.) I never bothered to unblock.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Okay, thanks. I figured it could have been nothing, but with the hackers embedding their shit on all kinds of sites, can never be too careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Okay, not sure where to post this

Technical Support Questions (2 Viewing)
    Questions and answers about technical type things with games, computers, consoles, what have you. Everything in this forum is done at your own risk.

Seriously, what's with all the people who think they need to post elementary tech requests in GD? This is the equivalent of asking for a PL and help with the rank 3 dragon in Advanced.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Moved to tech..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag