+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    "Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Freaky story/Have something happen to you?

Woke up a couple hours ago, heard my grandma getting ready for work. I go to the bathroom, hear her telling our address to someone on the phone in a paniced voice.

Ask her what's wrong, say's a light is on in our back house, a 3 story 2 apartment building. Light being on in the middle floor, the first apartment. Power hasn't been on there for years, it's a dim orange/yellow light, that of a candle. In our neighborhood, we believe someone broke in and is shooting up or whatnot.

I watch from my window. The light was on for at least an hour until the cops arrive. Female cop gets here, peers through the window and doesn't see anyone. Calls for backup, guy cop we knew from when my uncle died in a fire arrives. My grandma opens the door with a key, cops go in and check it out. The ceiling light is on but no one is there. My grandma goes in, sees the switch is OFF, flicks it twice to shut it off, but it won't come back on. None of he other lights would turn on, either.

Everyone is startled, especially my grandma was was almost in tears. We lost my junkie uncle last year. He used to live back there until he couldn't afford the bills, lived there for nearly a month without power or gas until he gave and moved back in with my grandma in the front house.

She's now flipping out about his ghost and called off from work. The male cop was here during the fire my uncle died in trying to rescue him, and he was quite shaken while leaving.

Not too sure what to make of it myself, although the whole situation is amusing to me. We're waiting for the electric company to open up to ask them if there was a possibility of a power surge or something that could have caused it.

(Usually post shit like this in spam, but I'm hoping for serious replies.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ghosts of nibblets past aside, I saw some fucked up shit in my old neighborhood where all of the houses were 100+ years old. There used to be green lights occasionally in the house across the street from where I grew up as a kid, that place was abandoned and hadn't had active electricity at least a decade before I was born. (Hell, it didn't even have indoor plumbing, there was an outhouse.) No one went in, no one went out, just green lights that would move around and disappear after a while.

Have I mentioned that I fucking hated the neighborhood in which I grew up?

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Ghosts of nibblets past aside, I saw some fucked up shit in my old neighborhood where all of the houses were 100+ years old. There used to be green lights occasionally in the house across the street from where I grew up as a kid, that place was abandoned and hadn't had active electricity at least a decade before I was born. (Hell, it didn't even have indoor plumbing, there was an outhouse.) No one went in, no one went out, just green lights that would move around and disappear after a while.

Have I mentioned that I fucking hated the neighborhood in which I grew up?
    Where'd you grow up? I see you're currently in Pittsburgh. I live pretty close to you in Ambridge. >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So I'm not falling asleep tonight !

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRuzhyo View Post
    Where'd you grow up? I see you're currently in Pittsburgh. I live pretty close to you in Ambridge. >.>
    A fucking wretched former coal mining town called Herminie. Actually, where I grew up as a child was Herminie #2. Yeah, the town was so unpleasant that it spawned an addition.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I had some weird stuff happen to me in the past. The first time my parents moved the house we had was a rental. I had the whole basement to myself. One day I was watching TV and heard my RC Car start running. Earlier that day I had been using it, and had run the batteries dry. They had been taken out to recharge, so there was no power to the car, the car was also upside down. As I walked to my room it stopped. Once I got in there, I took the motor out, and double checked the batteries were out and that the remote was off. I also decided to take the batteries out of the remote. I walked back out to where the TV was and didn't give it another thought. About an hour later I heard a crash from my room, then heard the motor whining again, followed by another crash. When I went back into my room the car had managed to somehow fall off my desk (the first crash), and then drive along the side of my bed and make a 90 degree turn and run into a wall. I walked over to my dresser to feel the motor, it was hot as if it had been running.

That was one of the many things that happened in that house. Everything that happened, always happened in the basement. There was only 1 way down so it wasn't like someone could sneak down there. I was so happy after two years when my parents said they found a house to buy.

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    A fucking wretched former coal mining town called Herminie. Actually, where I grew up as a child was Herminie #2. Yeah, the town was so unpleasant that it spawned an addition.
    Sounds very similar to my town, a former Steel town. Houses built 100~ years ago as well (Mine was built in 1892).

Lemme guess: Houses built very close together, 1/4 of them duplex, not too logical layout and very cheap construction techniques, and most of them are abandoned by now? They threw up shit just to pass as "livable" for the steel workers. There's a church every couple of blocks and only 1 main drag of shops, half of witch are also abandoned? The sense urban decay and angst is thick in this town. I hate it with a passion.

The shit with the RC car is really freaky. Brings back memories of my friend telling me something similar happened to him a couple times with random motorized toys.

At the University of Central Florida campus, there are these student apartments called The Lake Claire Apartments. The name may have changed, but they are the old apartments near Lake Claire and behind Greek Row.

If you walk towards the back of the complex, you might find a particular tree with a dedication plaque in front of it, dedicating that tree to the memory of a student who lived in Lake Claire building... 68, or maybe 69, I don't remember anymore, and passed away. It's a small plaque, low to the ground, and easily missed.

My roommate was by himself one Friday evening when I was off at some social function. It was summer term and there were only 3 of us in a 4-bed apartment, the third roommate was home for the weekend (he went home every weekend).

Anyway, I come home late that night and all of the cabinets in our tiny kitchen were open. I ask my buddy Dave, and he says that he was in his room all evening, but he kept hearing a banging sound coming from the kitchen, but he thought it was our next door neighbors (the floor plans mirror each other through the wall). Dave at that time was a pretty big computer junkie, so if he was home by himself, he was sitting at his computer with headphones of some sort on and music playing at a fairly high volume.

That in and of itself was weird, but that night, as I was getting ready for bed myself, I heard the same noise, but only a couple times. What I remember being most eerie about the entire ordeal was that we didn't find the dedication plaque until the next day when we took a walk towards the Student Union, and I'll be damned if we'd walked past that particular tree 50 times before without ever seeing the dedication plaque, dedicating a small tree to the memory of some student we never knew, who happened to live in the same building we did, and died before we ever moved our stuff in.

I wonder if it's still there.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

This happened when I was about 10. My next door Neighbor (childhood best friend etc) had a very large white Akita. Sadly the Akita passed away. About 3 days after it passed away, me and him were sitting in his living room watching TV. We look down the hallway and see his Big white dog come down the hall and jump up on the couch that he would always lay on. After about 5 minutes it just sort of vanished. I would not of believed it had my friend not confirmed that he saw it too.

I've got a bunch of freaky stuff like that happening around my college. Yay for going to one of the most haunted campuses in the US!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    I had some weird stuff happen to me in the past. The first time my parents moved the house we had was a rental. I had the whole basement to myself. One day I was watching TV and heard my RC Car start running. Earlier that day I had been using it, and had run the batteries dry. They had been taken out to recharge, so there was no power to the car, the car was also upside down. As I walked to my room it stopped. Once I got in there, I took the motor out, and double checked the batteries were out and that the remote was off. I also decided to take the batteries out of the remote. I walked back out to where the TV was and didn't give it another thought. About an hour later I heard a crash from my room, then heard the motor whining again, followed by another crash. When I went back into my room the car had managed to somehow fall off my desk (the first crash), and then drive along the side of my bed and make a 90 degree turn and run into a wall. I walked over to my dresser to feel the motor, it was hot as if it had been running.

That was one of the many things that happened in that house. Everything that happened, always happened in the basement. There was only 1 way down so it wasn't like someone could sneak down there. I was so happy after two years when my parents said they found a house to buy.
    That used to happen to my RC cars and stuff all the time. Usually they're just picking up a signal from something that uses a similar frequency and interpreting it as movement instructions.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

That would make sense except for the part of the story where he said he removed the batteries from the RC car...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

When I was about 8 yrs. old, me and my 2 friends would always chill out and bike in random places in our small town. One day we were biking on church premises and we see this huge assortment of stones. The stones were stacked on top of each other like a two-sided pyramid, so being the young adventurous kids we were, we made a competition to climb it. It was about 20 ft. high, and since the rocks were really small, you had very little standing space when you were at the top. So I was in the process of climbing it, about 15 ft. up... and then I heard something REALLY scary/freaky. The noise was a literal ROAR of a Lion/Crocodile, and it was so damn loud and it scared the shit out of me and my friends to the point were we literally sped out of there on our bikes. Note that the area I lived in was a Suburban one.

I was guessing and still have the same guess now, that if it wasn't some lion/crocodile spirit screaming at us to get off the holy structure, it was some nun with a voice changer or soundboard that basically made her roar irl to get us out of the church grounds.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's clearly Swamp gas.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Acturus View Post
    At the University of Central Florida campus, there are these student apartments called The Lake Claire Apartments. The name may have changed, but they are the old apartments near Lake Claire and behind Greek Row.

If you walk towards the back of the complex, you might find a particular tree with a dedication plaque in front of it, dedicating that tree to the memory of a student who lived in Lake Claire building... 68, or maybe 69, I don't remember anymore, and passed away. It's a small plaque, low to the ground, and easily missed.

My roommate was by himself one Friday evening when I was off at some social function. It was summer term and there were only 3 of us in a 4-bed apartment, the third roommate was home for the weekend (he went home every weekend).

Anyway, I come home late that night and all of the cabinets in our tiny kitchen were open. I ask my buddy Dave, and he says that he was in his room all evening, but he kept hearing a banging sound coming from the kitchen, but he thought it was our next door neighbors (the floor plans mirror each other through the wall). Dave at that time was a pretty big computer junkie, so if he was home by himself, he was sitting at his computer with headphones of some sort on and music playing at a fairly high volume.

That in and of itself was weird, but that night, as I was getting ready for bed myself, I heard the same noise, but only a couple times. What I remember being most eerie about the entire ordeal was that we didn't find the dedication plaque until the next day when we took a walk towards the Student Union, and I'll be damned if we'd walked past that particular tree 50 times before without ever seeing the dedication plaque, dedicating a small tree to the memory of some student we never knew, who happened to live in the same building we did, and died before we ever moved our stuff in.

I wonder if it's still there.
    small world indeed....

I also go to UCF. (Posting this in the student union subway.)

I've actually heard of stories like this concerning random events happening at Lake Claire because of a person dying there or something along those lines.

I'll have to see if I can find the plaque you mentioned when I'm not busy.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It is ok, Mr Bob doesn't like me. He is always slapping me in game

Shiroken what campus was that?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    It is ok, Mr Bob doesn't like me. He is always slapping me in game

Shiroken what campus was that?
    I haven't played in 2 years

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    I haven't played in 2 years
    Doesn't mean you aren't abusing me mentally still!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dayson View Post
    small world indeed....
    re: small world

There's a girl I met one night a few years ago at a party. I ran into her in the hallway of my building a year later, she's moved into the apt below me. We say hello and remain basically friendly/neighborly. A few months later at my job, she walks in as the new employee. After talking a little bit we realize that her and I are the same age, same birthday. We also grew up in the same town, a few blocks down the street from each other though we had never met each other before moving to NYC.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by sb View Post
    re: small world

There's a girl I met one night a few years ago at a party. I ran into her in the hallway of my building a year later, she's moved into the apt below me. We say hello and remain basically friendly/neighborly. A few months later at my job, she walks in as the new employee. After talking a little bit we realize that her and I are the same age, same birthday. We also grew up in the same town, a few blocks down the street from each other though we had never met each other before moving to NYC.
    Spoiler: She is stalking you.

M. Night Shamalamadingdong Spoiler: She is stalking you, but you are really a ghost that is stalking her. What a twist!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

i was home alone one night watching that uhhhh jack the ripper movie with i think depp in it? down in my basement with the lights out and shit. just as it was ending i heard the front door open upstairs so i go up and all the lights are off and there's nobody there, and the door is just hanging open. there isn't a soul outside and the dog is just standing in the middle of the floor staring out, looking about as puzzled as i am. so i check and the door was locked.

also i have this computer desk upstairs against a wall and like 4-5 nights in a row i'm using the computer and it's pretty dark in there, and i feel something fuzzy touch up against my feet. figuring it's the dog i look every time but she's like off in the kitchen or something and there's nothing there. anyhow like the fifth time in a row this happens i jump up and run and turn the lights on and look down under the desk to see what the fuck is touching my feet...and right there up against the wall is the biggest sickest motherfucking house centipede i have ever seen, i am talking 8-9cm long. my feet didn't touch the floor in that room for weeks afterwards and i'm terrified of them ever since. for anyone who doesn't know what a house centipede looks like, wiki has some pictures.